We lost one of the great scientists of our time, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking. Well played Mr. Hawking. Well played indeed.

Image for post We lost one of the great scientists of our time, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking.  Well played Mr. Hawking.  Well played indeed.
PhilboydStudges avatar Science
16 16
@2732818

So brilliant, yet so down to earth.

@2732898

I'm sure BBT will make reference to him.. Sheldon fainting sounds plausible lol

Incredible person. His contribution was only made all the more amazing by his extremely limited physical condition. Not only will his science live on but so many movies and tv shows have made reference to him in some way.

Still, he managed to live long and contribute to humanity with his knowledge, he cheated death pretty well considering the cards he was dealt with.

Very impressive mind. RIP

I'm sad.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... etc." (That wasn't even in the original script of Blade Runner, Rutger Hauer wrote the whole monologue over night, but still, it's fitting here...)

We should all be thankful for the contributions he made to mankind while here.

Gotta admit, I find a cosmic congruousness in the fact that he died on pi day.

Brilliant as he was, and beyond the mysteries of space and time, there was one mystery Hawking said he found most intriguing. biggrin smilie

During a Reddit AMA in 2015, Hawking was asked: "What mystery do you find most intriguing, and why?" His answer? "Women. My PA reminds me that although I have a PhD in physics, women should remain a mystery."

https://www.livescience.com/620...ng-quotes.html