+7

Religious dress codes are highly primitive and alienating philosophies. Religions also should evolve to a better one over a period of time.

Different religions advocate different dress codes for the members. For example Sikhs are required to wear turbans and long beards; Muslim men beards and caps, Muslim women burka and Hindus cross thread over the chest and ash or vermilion marks on the fore head. This leads to immediate alienation from one another. Let us all roam in the streets as human beings and not as Hindus, Christians, Muslims and Sikhs. This is not civilization.

ezhils avatar Religion
0 17

People should wear whatever they want regardless of their religious beliefs. And evidently those that you mentioned do so because they want to.

I grew up in the protestant faith, and my Mom always told me to do your best for the Master, and that meant dressing appropriately.

@StarzAbove People should wear whatever they want regardless of their religious beliefs. And evidently those that you...

People don't wear what they like. It is always dictated by religious customs. Muslim women may not like to wear purdah but they have no
other choice because of religious diktat. Turbans by the Sikh is nothing but a religious obeisance. The point here is that why should anyone distinguish by the physical culture. Let us distinguish ourselves by the actions and not by the way we dress following religious codes.

@ezhil People don't wear what they like. It is always dictated by religious customs. Muslim women may not like to wear...

I don't know any Muslim women so I don't know if they like what they wear or not. So I'll concede that fact to you.

People follow their religious dress codes when they like to, and they don’t when they don’t want to. I believe that No human should be forced by another human to follow a certain dress code, however if a human freely chooses to believe in a religion and then chooses to dress in accordance, I think no one else should be critical of anyone for what they wear.

@2732814

Thanks for agreeing with the first point But no faith is above humanism. what was created long long ago cannot be relevant today, in this era of interdependence in many fields such as scientific discoveries, food production etc etc. We must show our concern for the sufferings of people all over the world and we need not worry about the physical culture advocated by religions, which actually causes widespread unrest and turmoil.

@2732868

All religious people claim that their religions are relevant always. However I would like to confine myself to the religious dress code which has the potential to cause alienation and trouble.

Or people's interpretation of religion should evolve hmm smilie

@fuzala Or people's interpretation of religion should evolve

Religions cannot evolve on their own. It is man who must make changes. When most people say that change is the only constant why should religion alone be left untouched without any change? That is what we call fanaticism. There cannot be any permanence for all religions. After all all religions are man made.

What is sad is the 'religious dress code' is a man-made rule that really, basically has nothing to do with faith in God.

All religion did is slow us down.

@Get_the_Lays All religion did is slow us down.

Religions not only slow us down but also shackle us in superstition

Your dismissal of roughly 90% of people on the planet that ARE religious seems extremely exclusionary. Your fixation on some of the apparel associated with religious beliefs is petty. In fact, your single minded zeal against religion may be fanatical.

In other words, it's not us [the religious], it's you - the humanist.

You are probably wrong when you say that 90% of the people are religious.
why you, the religious people could not avert the serious clashes that arise due to religious fundamentalism? Religion , I hope , does not promote use of arms to promote the idealogy.