Have you ever been called for jury duty? If so, did you serve, or did you try to get out of it?

I was called one time, but they called and cancelled it the night before I was to appear. Whew.... I wasn't looking forward to doing that. lol

Image for post Have you ever been called for jury duty?   If so, did you serve, or did you try to get out of it?
StarzAboves avatar Jokes & Humour
11 24
@2733755

Don't blame you.

I've been called on for jury duty three times. Two times I wasn't selected, the other I was selected as an alternate. That meant I got to sit through the entire trial but wasn't allowed in the deliberation.

The trial I saw was one where a man was accused of breaking another man's leg with a baseball bat. A compound fracture at that. It was mostly through interpreters because no one spoke English.

I was later told by another juror that the accused was found not guilty, on account that they
didn't believe anyone's testimony. Everyone seemed to be hiding something. I completely agreed with their assessment and decision.

Funny side note:

At one point in the trial the DA asked a witness if she saw the accused with a baseball bat that night at the scene. She said she thought he was carrying something but couldn't tell what it was. The DA then asked if it could have been a big stick. Again the witness couldn't say. Was it large? She couldn't say. He persisted. Was it bigger than my pen (he pulled a pen from his shirt pocket and held it for all to see). Again she couldn't say. Frustrated, the DA asked, do you remember anything about the accused? She said (through a translator), well.. I remember he was wearing pants. At this point the other alternate juror and myself burst out in laughter but instantly caught ourselves. The judge scowled at is. True story. You couldn't make this stuff up.

I've served a couple of times.

I've received the summons for jury duty 6 or 7 times. I've had some legitimate reasons to get out of it, and I did.

The two times I've not tried to get out of it, and been there at the courthouse for hours or a day, the case was put on hold or something, and all the potential jurors were dismissed.

@2733746

I've always dreading being called. But my husband has served a couple of times, and he didn't thing it was a big deal.

I got called up a couple of times and spent most of the day sitting in a room waiting for the case which was dismissed so it was a non-event for me.

@2734085

Wow, sounds like your boss was a back stabber.

Yes, called three times. Never served.

@2734700

They usually are. Thanks for commenting.

I was called. I got out of it due to school.

Anonymous