Another tragedy, Florida bridge collapses killing at least six people. There is no safe place anymore, care to comment?

Live each day as your last, because it might be just that. So sad!

Death toll rises to 6 from Florida bridge collapseWitnesses said it felt like an earthquake during the collapse of a newly constructed 174-foot bridge that weighed 950 tons.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3TtNrZS-w
StarzAboves avatar Life
11 32

I think there are some engineers that need their licenses revoked. There is no good reason for this kind of tragedy.

@Flrdsgns Bridge lasted 4 days.

That's terrible. Someone needs to be held accountable!!!!

@2734361

Good question, why didn't they halt traffic until the cables were tightened....people never think ahead as to what can happen.

I only just saw it on the news last night, very sad indeed. The report said the bridge was designed to last 100 years and survive hurricanes. Sounds like someone got their calculations wrong and others paid the price. Hopefully it will be like air crash investigations and lessons will be learned so as to prevent it in future.

My hearts and prayers go out to all the victims and their family.

I hate to be cynical but we all know there were corners cut.

@dru18 I hate to be cynical but we all know there were corners cut.

There always is someone cutting corners and lining their pockets with the money saved. Pathetic.

Is there news on what caused the bridge to collapse?

@Sunny_the_skeptic Is there news on what caused the bridge to collapse?

An engineer noticed cracks a few days before it collapsed, sent an email, but no one read the email. And down it went.

It is sad, my heart goes out to the families of this tragedy.

I am not shocked though...most bridges are built by companies with the lowest bid, this is why I don't really go accross any unless I have no option.
🦋

@Lil_Princess It is sad, my heart goes out to the families of this tragedy. I am not shocked though...most bridges are built by...

From what I've heard that bridge was newly constructed. Evidently the builder didn't know what he was doing.

@StarzAbove From what I've heard that bridge was newly constructed. Evidently the builder didn't know what he was doing.

It's heartbreaking. I have seen things put together and no way would I get on some of the stuff I saw.

@Lil_Princess It's heartbreaking. I have seen things put together and no way would I get on some of the stuff I saw.

It seems as though our infrastructure is falling apart and the newly built things aren't built correctly.

@StarzAbove It seems as though our infrastructure is falling apart and the newly built things aren't built correctly.

Hopefully, they find the cause of this mess and use what they learned to prevent it from happening again.

@Lil_Princess Hopefully, they find the cause of this mess and use what they learned to prevent it from happening again.

I hope so. But there are just so many workers out there that have no work ethics, they just want to get the job done, collect their pay and go home.

@StarzAbove I hope so. But there are just so many workers out there that have no work ethics, they just want to get the job...

Oh, I see that a lot where I work and it is not an easy battle getting people out of that mindset either. Its like people don't care what their actions can cause down the road ono smilie

@Lil_Princess Oh, I see that a lot where I work and it is not an easy battle getting people out of that mindset either. Its like...

I've seen that happen too. I got my assistant fired for that very reason, all she did was talk on the phone, even when we had a deadline to meet, it didn't matter. I got tired of picking up the slack all the time, talked to my boss and she was gone by 5 p.m.

@StarzAbove I've seen that happen too. I got my assistant fired for that very reason, all she did was talk on the phone, even...

It happened to a tyrant known as my former boss. He slacked off so much and then was working me to death. It was getting rather bad, he finally got moved to another area and I started reporting to someone else but things were not getting better.n He was making the big bucks and I was struggling to make sure things were getting taken care of for our customers. It finally got noticed and he is finally out the door.

@StarzAbove Glad he's gone....what a slacker. So many bosses are like that, it's a shame.

Oh I am very happy that he is gone. Towards the end it was getting rather ugly and he was getting meaner and meaner by the second.

@StarzAbove It makes work harder when you have a boss like that.

While my new boss doesn't like for me to take a vacation either, I never really hear from him. I did get last Thursday and this Monday off but I had to make a deal to take it which was work on something from the house. It was my first vacation since a year ago and only reason I am taking it is because my arm is in really bad pain.