VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
1 26
@2734064

No need .... the change is already in progress.
http://variety.com/2017/biz/new...on-1202484394/

@2734157

Well, they are still pirates after all! hehe smilie

@2734064

Already have.

@2734064

Thanks for begin the first to comment.

Disney is part of the Hollywood clique...therein lies the problem..

You should worry about what progressives are choosing to promote, instead of what some non-progressives MIGHT be thinking..

It's the same thing with guns...they don't like guns (well there's no problem with the guns their entourage carries, to guard them) but 7 out of 10 movies have hot lead ripping flesh apart..

Constantly with the mixed messages.

That's why I wouldn't go to Disneyland and don't watch many movies...too many hypocrites.

Disney apparently agrees. It's being changed as we speak (or type)! a smilie

Not much different from this

been going on for centuries

time for this to stop

@VicZinc Not much different from this been going on for...

You're conflating sex slavery with foreign brides? Interesting choice. If that's even a legit ad, and I doubt it is, some women want to find a foreign husband because they're looking for a better future. There are also women who are kidnapped and sold into prostitution by criminal gangs, but that's not the same thing.

Even if you were to take away the ability of women to advertise for foreign husbands, that wouldn't do a damn thing to stop sex trafficking.

@Maze You're conflating sex slavery with foreign brides? Interesting choice. If that's even a legit ad, and I doubt it...

Perhaps. What if we took away the male's belief that wives were a thing to be paid for?

@2734213

Personally? Got me, I don't ask around, I hope few if any. But based on the ad's I see on the internet, there seem to be a market. Maze's comment seems to indicate that some women find a that "market" which implies that there are 'consumers' out there willing to pay.

If it is a lot or a few, humans are never chattel and should never be treated as such.

@2734218

Not at all. And I did not attempt to imply that this was a wide spread issue, only that until it is no longer a 'thing', progressives will have a goal.

You and others can continue to poo-poo this as a non-issue (exactly like OP predicted you would.) That doesn't make it a non-issue and it doesn't excuse you and others for your complacency in equating humans with property.

And here's another perspective,no need take things so seriously. What if I say " I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" And everyone loses their mind OMG he's a horse murderer, he kills little cute horses for his sick pleasure OMGGGGGGG!

Why do progressives have to ruin everything by looking what to whine about and sadden everyone's day. It's not hurting anybody, no one in a modern, logical and democratic world actually thinks women are creatures so low that you should treat them like store merchandise. This oversensitive perspective is bad for everyone. I'd understand if this was about open hatred or offense but rather it's making a blue whale from a flea.

@Sunny_the_skeptic And here's another perspective,no need take things so seriously. What if I say " I'm so hungry I could eat a horse"...

Maybe, I have complained more than once about the sidebar ads, right here on Amirite, that offer women like merchandise.

Are you sure in "no one in a modern, logical and democratic world actually thinks women are creatures so low that you should treat them like store merchandise."?

@VicZinc Maybe, I have complained more than once about the sidebar ads, right here on Amirite, that offer women...

I'm pretty sure for the sole reason that we're supposed to be a rational society where such things can only be tolerated as jokes, if anything like this operates in a 1st world country it is dismantled and destroyed immediately.

@2734153

Bought? Owns? A rich sugar mamma taking me away and giving me all the money I want wouldn't sound like a shop trade, please don't over exaggerate

@2734153

He won't be owning her for very much longer. "Stormy" weather ahead!

I don't know anything about the ride, but is it contextual in a historical sense? As in, "this happened and we're acknowledging it?"

Also, is it possible it is depicted lightheartedly because it's part of a fictional play where the audience understands that it's not real?

"and most non-progressives think that this endorsement of sex-trade slavery is just good fun?" - What poll is that from?

Is this an excerpt of the Harvey Weinstein pamphlet of Ethics?

Getting close to the bottom of the barrel I see.

Anonymous