VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
3 12

I completely agree. If you look back at what she was saying at the time it's similar to dozens of things I have read since.

It must be acknowledged what was done to us so we can forgive and be free. If the truth remains hidden then the brutality under which I grew up will continue for thousands of Irish children. And I must by any means necessary WITHOUT the use of violence prevent that happening because I am a Christian.
Sinead O'Connor

She has been vindicated.

Do you think she could have delivered her message in a better way - without tearing up a picture of then Pope John Paul II on and saying, "fight the real enemy" on SNL? Perhaps a more subtle wouldn't get the attention she felt it deserved.

@2734689

Wrong.

This post is not about the actions "within" any religion, it is about the mainstream being afraid of people who don't follow the expected norms,

like the lack of respect for women who shave their heads, are "lezbo"s or are "priests".

Nice job proving the point. Thanks, and have a great day.

@VicZinc Wrong. This post is not about the actions "within" any religion, it is about the mainstream being afraid of people...

Yeah, nothing at all about 'the church' or the Pope in this post,... well except for the mention of the church and the Pope.

@Budwick Yeah, nothing at all about 'the church' or the Pope in this post,... well except for the mention of the church and...

There is no question that the church and the Pope (at the time) were guilty. This post is not about that. It is about the dismissal of O'Connor's assertion, that there was a problem.

Like the people who twist every post I make to try to pretend it about them and their belief systems, instead of accepting that it is a legitimate call for action to stop an injustice.

@VicZinc There is no question that the church and the Pope (at the time) were guilty. This post is not about that. It is...

Vic, you DO twist shit around.

Who allegedly dismissed her claims? Why bring it up now? Why mention the church or the Pope? Why not General Motors or Kroger Foods? Which straw people are you targeting here?

@Budwick Vic, you DO twist shit around. Who allegedly dismissed her claims? Why bring it up now? Why mention the church...

Very clearly the OP states that I brought it up because it was the day after St. Pat's and I was reminiscing about the Irish folks. I was thinking about that Irish priest who trying to get me to pull my pants down and about how Sinead was ostracized for speaking out in such a public forum.

I would be happy to comment on a post regarding GM if you post one, and I promise not to accuse you of pretending it is about GM when in fact it is about some other unrelated bullshit.

@VicZinc Very clearly the OP states that I brought it up because it was the day after St. Pat's and I was reminiscing about...

I see.

Well, today is the vernal equinox, and speaking of spring, Planned Parenthood sucks for selling baby parts. [That transition makes just as much sense as the "OP's"]

Nobody should cover for pedophiles, especially not the Pope. It's sick that it happened, and I've heard the present Pope has some of that crap attached to him too.

As my mother pointed out, a church is an organization, it isn't the faith. It's an organization that should exemplify the faith, but it's just an organization made up of people.

Wherever there's a hierarchy, people who seek power are naturally drawn to it, and not all of them have good intentions. In fact, bad people seek out positions of power and trust, it's a problem for any organization, especially those that work with children.

As for Sinead O'Connor, all I remember is she had a hit song and shaved her head.

Anonymous