-4

Google is unwilling to support the crack-down on child porn etc. Something about free speech.

Image for post Google is unwilling to support the crack-down on child porn etc. Something about free speech.
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
9 31

I haven't seen this. Where did you see it? This is what I saw about Google and child porn:
https://www.extremetech.com/com...of-privacy-yet

@Will_Janitor I haven't seen this. Where did you see it? This is what I saw about Google and child...

Yes, well...there was an 'expert' going on about it on TV...ha. I believe it...but it is such a dicey issue.

For a company that censors and fires its own employees for having opinions that don't confine to SJW groupthink, they really seem to want to protect this particular form of "free speech".

Free speech doesn't mean that everything is allowed, it means that you are free to speak, it doesn't save you from the consequences that follow that right.

Child pornography is and will be immoral and will never rise because society will always shut it down.

That's not free speech, it's criminal.

@2735446

Nothing wrong with some honest American hearsay...

I had a dog named Hearsay...

@2735846

I'll try to give more information next time...although my computer can't give links...
Sometimes when I post I get so caught up in the moment and then later go...damn it...

Does the policy actually perform that function; i.e. eliminate child porn. Or is it one of those that claims to do the exact opposite of what it actually does?

@Sukiesnow Hm... Your second sentence rings a bell.

It's a common practice in government, they always claim a policy does the opposite of its actual results.

The jury's still out on whether it's done knowingly or not ;)

Could you elaborate?

@StickCaveman Could you elaborate?

Expert was on TV talking about it...

I believe it.

@2735529

Good, then.

@Sukiesnow Good, then.

It's not going to stop them being made or distributed. It's an empty platitude

@TheCensoredBrit It's not going to stop them being made or distributed. It's an empty platitude

Um. Anyway...just like we say "He's in a better place now," to the bereaved...it still leaves a better feeling..

@TheCensoredBrit Ignoring the fact that children are still going to be abused to make this shit. Nice.

If Google says they are doing their best to help with this issue...I have to take their word for it...

Could you give me a link to this Sukie? If I see something like that; Google is not going to like me one bit.

I'm glad Google is catching them. If people don't want to get in trouble with the law, than don't do anything illegal over the internet, or all other methods.