How do you wash and dry romaine lettuce? Without using a salad-spinner...

Especially for drying them..I dislike wet lettuce...I need a life hack...hanging them individually with clothes pins on a drying rack over the bathtub - time consuming. And then...to chop or to rip?

Image for post How do you wash and dry romaine lettuce? Without using a salad-spinner...
Sukiesnows avatar Language
6 20
@2736349

Say it isn't so! You making that up?

@2736383

Some say to put them all in a cotton pillow case... I have a bag made of towel material...but the wetness stays to the leaf so you might as well take a paper towel...and dry each leaf...a lot of work if you are making a salad for 4...

@2736349

That's how I do it.

I assume the store washed it, so I just open the bag and eat the stuff. Probably not all that healthy, but I don't have time to make sure every speck of dirt is off it.

I wash the separated leaves under tap water, sort of shake them off, and dry them in a clean cloth. I shake them in that a little in that, too.

I wash them under the faucet, shake a little bit, then lay them on a towel. No problem.

Hold it under the faucet, turn on the water. Turn off the water and shake the lettuce a few times. Good enough for me.

Rinse, shake, eat. Done.

@JerryHendrickson Rinse, shake, eat. Done.

Nope. I don't like wet lettuce...I finally spread them out on a towel on the sofa to dry, with a fan...took about an hour...

And do you rip or cut? Use designer croutons? Real or fake bacon bits? How do you get some drsg on every leaf? For C salad...:)

@Sukiesnow Nope. I don't like wet lettuce...I finally spread them out on a towel on the sofa to dry, with a fan...took about...

I leave the lettuce in a cullender for a while; it dries. I'm usually preparing something else, which leaves plenty of time for drying. I rip for salad and cut for things such as tacos or souvlaki. Toss the salad in the dressing a bit to get some on every leaf. I don't like bacon in salad but if I did, I'd go with real bacon bits.

Anonymous