+10

My apt building plans to ban smoking marijuana along with cigarettes...

Is there anything else I can say? I've told them second-hand weed smoke has not been proven to cause cancer...that is what they are worried about with cigarettes... I've mentioned a lot else...but this is the main point...and/but people also don't like the SMELL of it...

Image for post My apt building plans to ban smoking marijuana along with cigarettes...
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
11 40
@2736771

Like I said above, I've only lived in one apartment and that was while our home was being built. On a good note, we do have a Home Owners Association and it's proved very useful. We had a problem with a neighbor at one time, and the HOA took care of the problem.

There has been a big push to ban smoking cigarettes everywhere by many people, and those who don't smoke, bought into it. I've always been concerned about people demanding that things they don't like, should be banned for everyone. What happens next, when someone decides to ban something else, that you happen to enjoy? People can't have it both ways. Once you let a few people start dictating what you can or can't do (that is legal), where will it end?

@2736748

That's what I say too, Rooster. biggrin smilie

Not being a smoker, I would have to agree with management. My main concern with smoking anything in an apartment building, would be careless handling of fire. Too many apartment fires were started by a cigarette.

@Sukiesnow Good point...they'd also have to ban candles, too then?

That's true. I've only lived in one apartment for only 6 months while our house was being built, but how can they prevent a person from smoking or using candles in the privacy of their own home?

No smoking allowed in my apartments. The smell lingers and ,between tenants, I have to wash EVERYTHING. Yellow staining on the walls and ceiling have to be bleached. The smell stays. It is a LOT of work. They can smoke on the porch.

@2736747

I don't think it's a big deal to step outside anyway.

@2736821

Ranger, do you have a fixation on guys that need a shampoo and a haircut? biggrin smilie

@2738232

Those things are employed as aids to keeping males fixated on females. hello smilie

@2738496

There's another guy with unkempt hair that you seem to favor. biggrin smilie

@2738509

Yes indeed, these gifs you've been posting illustrate dirtbags. hehe smilie

@2738687

I'm not the one posting gif after gif of fugitives from shampoo commercials. hehe smilie

@2739021

I see you've lost your patience for good-natured kidding, so I'll let it go at that. zip smilie

I get the cig thing. The tar and nicotine coat everything. Weed does not.
Im with dd...move.
Or...vape.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

Ban everything.Make everyone walk around tiptoe,talk in whispers and use headphones.And don't you dare flush that toilet at night!

From a purely business perspective, I'd be more concerned about the irreparable damage smoke would do to my building.

If a person's determined to get cancer, they will find a way. But you can't recoup the damage they might do to your building in the process if you don't stipulate it being banned in the lease agreement. Just sayin'

@2738060

Did anyone ever tell you, you bear a striking resemblance to SmartAZ? biggrin smilie

They should do this for caffees too, unfortunately if they did those establishments wouldn't have any clientèle.

Anonymous