Do you think women should be forced to have children?

I will not be responding to comments. Please vote on the OP, it is a simple question. Yes or No, is it OK to force a woman to have a child.

Image for post Do you think women should be forced to have children?
4% Yes 96% No
VicZincs avatar Law
15 50

How could you do this short of rounding up the female half of the population up and employing the turkey baster?Whoever thought of this idea needs to take a pill and lie down.
Has to be a personal choice doesn't it?Of course if no women ever wanted a baby we'd die out pretty quickly!

But why? If anyone has decided that they indeed do not want to have children then so be it. After all it's one of the hardest and most expensive tasks in life.

Not f**ing hardly.

Heavens no.

Such a seemingly simple question...

Nope. And I don't think they are.

@2737246

Is that a yes?

I think you should be ashamed of yourself for asking such a question. Who thinks that way?

Because this question is ridiculous!!!

human rights

What a clever approach to trip up Pro-Life!
No, women should not be forced to have children.

However,being pregnant is not a license to kill.

Men and women need to be responsible in their relationships. Don't make a baby if you don't want a baby.

@2737815

Was I unclear writing -
"No, women should not be forced to have children."

Muslims certainly think so.

I would personally hate to pass my nature and nurture on to another human

No to the question. Sadly women are constructed to have them. It takes so little to produce a child.

No peaceful person should be forced to do anything. Violent people however, should be forced to go to jail. Abortion though? It's murder. If women are pregnant due to consensual promiscuity, they need to have the kids.

@urwutuis so murder is OK sometimes.

In cases of rape or when it's necessary for the health of the mother.
The morning after pill is a great alternative to abortion; there isn't a child yet.

@urwutuis so when does it become a child?

Upon development of the brain, 6 weeks in.

@JerryHendrickson Upon development of the brain, 6 weeks in.

So it's not murder until after 6 weeks?
Is that exactly 6 weeks every time?
Is that the development of the brain stem? Cerebellum? Cerebral cortex?
Why do you get to choose?

@2738160

Thanks for clearing that up.

@urwutuis Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem; nice to see you actually type something without a question mark attached to it.

@urwutuis Thanks for clearing that up.

You didn't even answer the poll question yourself? My guess would be that you're okay with abortion right up until the day of birth? Should I make every reply to you be a question?

@JerryHendrickson You didn't even answer the poll question yourself? My guess would be that you're okay with abortion right up until...

I didn't realize answering the poll was a requirement for having an opinion.
Your guess would be wrong.
You might as well ask questions since you can't answer them.
Cognitive dissonance I expect.

@JerryHendrickson You ask too many questions.

What you mean is I ask too many questions you can't answer. You're saying this, at 1/2" long, is a child?

@urwutuis What you mean is I ask too many questions you can't answer. You're saying this, at 1/2" long, is a child? ...

I can answer, but why write a friggin book? You just constantly ask your condescending questions like some arrogant ass. I sent you a link; the answers are all there; it's a short read, easy to understand, and you can handle it.
I read it and understand it fully so, if you're as intelligent as you always try to make yourself out to be, read it.

@JerryHendrickson I can answer, but why write a friggin book? You just constantly ask your condescending questions like some...

Yeah, I went to the link. Where do you think that pic came from?
The questions are to get you to see how indefensible your position is on the remote possibility that you might start questioning but you don't want to think
The reason you won't answer them is because the answers don't make sense.

@urwutuis Yeah, I went to the link. Where do you think that pic came from? The questions are to get you to see how...

The pic was from 4 weeks, not six and I knew that you went to the link, you just didn't read it. I think, just differently from you. The "experts" in science continue to prove themselves wrong, time after time. Brain = ability to feel pain. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

@JerryHendrickson The pic was from 4 weeks, not six and I knew that you went to the link, you just didn't read it. I think, just...

I read it along with many others over the years. I know about the first 2 weeks which I've known for decades at which point it may be 3/4"
Brain does not mean ability to feel pain. The brain stem develops first then the cerebellum, then the limbic system and finally the cerebral cortex which is the part that separates us from much of the animal kingdom
There is a claim fetuses feel pain at 20 weeks but even that has no basis in fact and is based on the opinion of 1 person. The bulk of research shows that the pathways necessary are not in place until 24 weeks.
You can stick to your story if you like it's just not true.

@JerryHendrickson You remind me a lot of the author. Are you him? His sock puppet account?

LOL

Hardly. I don't do that much research.

I always said that a mother should be free to take the life of her child at any age, even into adulthood. But that's just me.

My mom brought me into this world and if she wants to take me out, more power to her. Maybe kids would think twice about disrespecting their mother if they knew they could die.

@JerryHendrickson No peaceful person should be forced to do anything. Violent people however, should be forced to go to jail...

Cab't agree with you on this one. I wish they could devise a better way than abortion, but it is needed in some cases.

Anonymous