We all say things we don't mean when angry and hurt, some hold grudges, some don't. Some can apologize to make things right, how about you? Are you quick to apologize when in the wrong or do you stay mad?

Image for post We all say things we don't mean when angry and hurt, some hold grudges, some don't.   Some can apologize to make things right, how about you?   Are you quick to apologize when in the wrong or do you stay mad?
StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
16 39
@2737866

I agree 100%, JD.

I am quick to aplogize. Especially when it is someone i care about. In these cases, it doesnt matter if i think i am right or wrong.

@2737847

Holding grudges are like a cancer, they can eat away at a person. I hate it when I've overreacted and hurt someone....but I am quick to apologize.

Rooster, so glad we cleared up any misunderstandings we had. hug smiliehug smilie

I like that saying you posted as an image. I agree. I would rather say I am sorry and move on than to nurture a grudge.

Hmm... if I'm in the wrong, it's unlikely I would even be mad, much less stay mad. I can apologize and forgive. But I can't be a doormat, my ego won't allow it. When someone burns me, really burns me, I'll shut the damn door and it won't ever open again... Right or wrong, that's just how I am.

If it's just a disagreement, then I'm quick to forgive and forget. But if someone trashes me mercifully, and makes it personal, I doubt I'd ever apologize. However, I would accept their apology, and steer clear of that person from then on.

If I'm in the wrong, I want to apologize and set things right if possible. If it's the other way around, I'm happy to accept an apology and try to move on.

@2737884

Sometimes just talking out a problem, can solve a lot of hurts.

It's a complex topic. Sometimes people blurt out the truth when they are hurt and angry, and that's a good thing. That should open up the dialogue between 2 people...and communication can continue...

Mostly how I feel is that friends can say anything to each other...

People say they are sorry too often...then it loses it's meaning. Mostly what I am sorry for is that the other person took it wrong...and then I will explain...and will hear what they have to say about it..if they agree or disagree...etc.

@StarzAbove Good points Sukie, but sometimes we don't get the chance to explain our situation.

True...and I hate it when people walk out, slamming the door...but that could also be a sign of their own immaturity... I had a bf who did that...ha

True. It very much depends on how much I value the person's friendship. Cause if I don't, that person could be waiting a long damn time before I said a word. :)

When my emotions get overwhelming, I do a lot of self-reflection to calm down. If I'm in the wrong, I'll figure it out and I'll apologise. I never had an issue apologising.

I stopped apologising just to let the bad mood disappear, though. Just nope. If someone wanna stay angry, go ahead. I'll be fine.

So many people have trouble apologizing, especially men. They seem to think people will think they are weak if they apologize. When in fact, a strong man will apologize if he is in the wrong.

Thanks for your input Sofia, always good to hear from you.

I tend to get angry here if I believe I'm not being treated fairly, I've had my fair share of blows and making up, even with you I believe.

I try my best to never argue with anyone.
pure waste of time and cuts way down on the 'getting mad and saying something, you wished you didn't part'.

There's a couple of people, one of them is one of my brothers.
He'll constantly say things, knowing he's trying to get me wound up..

I just don't say anything and continue doing what I'm doing.
After a while, he gets hot under the collar because I wont start arguing with him.
Some people never learn.. lol

It's been a long time since I've had to apologize to anyone... or someone having to apologize to me..

I can get angry like anyone else but realizing you're angry and calming down before it's too late, is the trick..

@DandyDon I try my best to never argue with anyone. pure waste of time and cuts way down on the 'getting mad and saying...

You're a wise man. Best not to get mad then you won't ever have to apologize.

I have a sister like that, she will argue about anything and everything, I just try to change the subject, so far that's working. I know once I disagree with her, the war would be begin. lol

If I did something wrong then yes I will say I am sorry and move on. Accepting "sorry" is a whole another story. I ain't Jesus and I don't have Alzheimer's...at some point, they don't mean a thing and I truly get tired of hearing them and accepting them. Those types of people I just cut out of my life and still sleep peacefully at night. Words hurt and they cut deeply and if not careful you can hurt someone to the point of no return.

🦋