+13

Can i just say without offending anyone (And if i do tell me in the comments, id love to chat) that this whole black lives matter and white lives matter sh*t is stupid. Like everyones lives matter. And quite frankly i think that people need to start seeing that its not only black people who get killed by cops. White people get killed too. It doesn't matter if you black or white, if your trying to shoot someone, a cop is going to try to shoot you back. He/She is protecting others. Because its his/her damn job. So if you wanna stop seeing white or black people getting killed, stop doing things that will cause such events. Tell me your opinions in the comments.

SociallyAwkwarks avatar Politics
12 56

"Stop doing things that will cause such events"
Like going through the back yard of your grandmothers house, with a phone? That can get 20 shots fired at you.

@Carla "Stop doing things that will cause such events" Like going through the back yard of your grandmothers house, with a...

Did you forget the part about how the man was seen breaking into at least three vehicles and later into a neighbor’s home? Police were in a foot pursuit in response to a 911 call. They told him to show his hands. One officer thought he saw a weapon and yelled, "Gun, gun, gun!" Several officers opened fire. The kid died.

@Budwick Did you forget the part about how the man was seen breaking into at least three vehicles and later into a...

He showed his hands. If from that distance a cop cant tell the difference, well...doesnt matter, does it, bud? He was executed, like so many others. And...why not? The police get no penalty.

@Carla He showed his hands. If from that distance a cop cant tell the difference, well...doesnt matter, does it, bud? He...

Of course it matters Carla.

It also matters that he was running from police for actual crimes committed.

Regardless of what happens in this case the police and communities DO get a penalty. Because of all the rukus BLM will make over their / your perception of the facts, all future police calls will have officers second guessing themselves or maybe just not responding. What you and BLM is not good or helpful.

@Budwick Of course it matters Carla. It also matters that he was running from police for actual crimes...

Hasnt changed anything yet. And, if i were a black man and doing nothing wrong, i would run out of fear. Because so many have been gunned down or beaten, just because. Cops simply are not screened or trained properly in most cities in this country. You cannot change my views on this subject. My mother was a dispatcher for 10 years and married for a short while to a sgt. in a different police department. Most of the cops i knew were incompetent and pompous asses.
Too quick to shoot, because they are scared. Too easily scared because they dont have proper training and/or are not psychologically fit for police work.

@Carla Hasnt changed anything yet. And, if i were a black man and doing nothing wrong, i would run out of fear. Because so...

"Hasn't changed anything yet."

Really? Do you simply refuse to listen to anything that doesn't agree with your agenda?

'In Baltimore, Violent Crime Is Up, And Residents Say Police Presence Is Down'
https://www.npr.org/2015/06/04/...west-baltimore

If you have no respect for law and order, then there's little I can recommend for you.

"Then police opened fire. Clark crumpled to the ground, momentarily tried to crawl before falling motionless as more shots erupted around him."

This from a news article.

Now, even IF he was armed ... if an average citizen used self-defense to shoot an armed attacker, if you keep shooting after the person is down it becomes murder.

@Walt_OReagun "Then police opened fire. Clark crumpled to the ground, momentarily tried to crawl before falling motionless as...

That critical detail was not in the article I read.
If true, the cops were REALLY wrong.

Before I say anything I guess I'd like to know if the shots were fired at the hand of a cop or a neighbor

Don't forget that he was running through a number of backyards, not just his grandmothers, and he was actually stopped at one point before he got away and continued to run to his grandmother's home. All that is on tape from the police helicopter. We might want to ask why he was running in the first place? Was it because he was doing something wrong? I'm not excusing the police --- they apparently did over-react by firing 20 shots. But I wonder if he had not run after the first time he was caught, if the police would have overreacted.

All lives matter.

@ThePrinceofWales All lives matter.

Funny how that equals to saying "I hate black people" in some circles.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Funny how that equals to saying "I hate black people" in some circles.

Yeah that's weird. By saying white and black lives matter, Somme people think that means we care less about black people. Backwards logic

That's one way of looking at it...

Are you white or black...oh...it doesn't matter...:)

@2738207

Well if your still wondering I happen to be a white girl, but yeah it doesn't matter right?

@2738241

People excersising their rights, will. I think being involved in issues that concern a person is positive.
The womens march propelled women to run for office. I feel certain that this climate in going to compel a huge outpour of voters this fall.
Those are good things.

@2738296

Proud to be a woman - good for you
Proud to be black - good for you
Proud to be gay - good for you
Proud to be white - you white supremacist fascist!

I don't think all lives matter. If it was for me, the Death Penalty would be legal in my country. Paedophiles, rapists, psychopaths, all of them would go bye-bye.
And you completely missed the point of BLM in the first place. Blacks get killed, even when not doing anything worth getting shot at or even when just following the cop's orders. That is the problem, that is why people are protesting against police brutality. Because even when they don't do anything wrong, or even when they do as they're told, they still get killed.

Of course cops kill all types of races, not only blacks. That's not the issue here. BLM is not saying only blacks get treated unfairly. They're saying they are the most common target. And I'm just going to point out the obvious - BLM does not equal White Lives Don't Matter. Focusing on blacks lives and how they are being mistreated in this case, does not mean people will stop giving a shit about whites. Acting like it does seems pretty insulting to the real issue happening.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +6Reply
@Sofia I don't think all lives matter. If it was for me, the Death Penalty would be legal in my country. Paedophiles...

Why do so many people have trouble seeing this? So many think it is a racist movement. It isnt. It is a racial movement.

The only thing that I am going to say, is that pedophiles rapists psychopaths drug addicts murderers, every single life matter. It is just the math that the ended up taking that makes them bad people. But that by no means, make their lives matter less than anyone else.

Congratulations, you can ignore racism, some of us can't. We KNOW white lives matter, that's how this country has been since 1776. Black lives are rarely ever validated in this country, the one time that they are it faces a ridiculous amount of backlash? Shameful. White lives are dominant in mainstream media representation, the beauty standard, the majority population, the majority of people in power, the majority of the 1%; we know those lives matter, it's ingrained in everything about this country. Some people wanted to let black people know that even though literally 0 statistics show it, black lives do in fact matter and are worth preservation and appreciation. Also cops do kill white people, but they also disproportionally kill black people and, on top of that, get away with paid leave and no charges when they kill black people (largely unarmed). We die by cops at a higher rate than white people in this country, even though there are less of us, it's disgusting and absurd and deserves to be protested. There aren't even usually notable events that cause shootings! Several white people have gotten away with doing much worse. Ethan Couch ran 4 people over drunk in a car, he's fine. Dylann Roof shot up a black church, he was given Burger King before going to jail. You can find several instances of armed white men, some even shooting at cops, being apprehended instead of murdered. Black people have been murdered for selling cigarettes, walking in the street, walking with a hoodie on, holding an airsoft gun, not wearing a seatbelt, etc. Do not blame the victims of murder, it's the murderer's fault that someone died; the only reason someone died is because the cops were there in those situations. Cooperation or lack of is rarely ever the cause of anything, and even then, murder is not justified because you didn't raise your hand when a cop told you, disobeying a police officer. Failure To Obey Lawful Order is a misdemeanor that usually results in about a $600 fine, a few dozen days in jail and/or a few months on probation, NOT death.

Like how DARE you say such things OMG Im gona literally die, like you're so privileged, probably white like able bodied and like probs cis white male like you're such a nazi fascist!

That was my progressive valley girl impersonation.

Jokes aside I get the idea of the BLM movement, I get why they're angry but the approach towards the problems, the way they're doing things is only making matters much worse. With many people taking this as it being ok to be openly discriminatory towards whites for the sins of their ancestors or that life supposedly is just peachy because of a skin pigmentation and that we all deserve to suffer for it. I first heard about a lot of nonsense from these movements like cultural appropriation and being mad that black people dont get as many oscars and whatnot. If I see people going at me this way, basically treating me like a villain despite not doing anything wrong of course I'm going to get pissed off and of course my reaction of resistance would be taken as racism. I remember a case where YouTube had posted something like " Subscribe to black creators " and someone asked "Isn't this racist?" of course the answer was "No" or on campuses where black students don't want to be in dorms with white ones, or the graduation ceremony exclusively for blacks (basically voluntary segregation but chosen by blacks).

I'm just surprised and amazed how nowadays in the US it's acceptable to be racist towards white people because of some fucked up idea of "privilege". Any black person who speaks out against this is called an uncle Tom, black sellout or straight out refuse to believe that the person is indeed black. What pisses me off the most is this blind following of some ideology that demands you to be loyal for no other reason but because fate has decided you're born as black or white, therefore having opposing teams, the whole thing is childish. I really REALLY doubt this was the dream that Martin Luther King jr had.

Awkward - this is an outstanding post!

Congratulations!

You do understand the vast majority of black police murder victims are unarmed?

Trishs avatar Trish Disagree +3Reply

All lives do matter, I just wish blacks would get better and more believable leaders than the lounge lizard, Sharpton, Wilson, Pelosi, Schumer, Lee, Reid and the now gone Berry to name a few. The Ferguson guy who they cry was unarmed but was 300 lbs of rage going after Officer Wilson is a poor example of a bad cop. If a 300 lb bear, who was unarmed, was charging you, would you shoot or would allow yourself to be killed?
Does anyone care when a cop gets killed? Apparently all sympathy lies with anyone but an innocent cop.

I think it is stupid. Today I heard another guy got shot - when police got near him he digs in his pocket for phone they thought it was a gun. What kind of bufoon is doing that instead of hands up?

If a person wakes up in the morning and gets out of bed and something about them is illegal( expired license, unpaid tickets etc.) and their day is a plan of doing illegal things..

I don't care what color you are, if you have the balls to put cops lives in danger...then you or others want pity because you were shot or killed, from not complying with cops....You want get any pity from me..

I've been stopped by cops a few times, never had a problem.

When I was growing up I was always told to listen to what the cop is instructing me to do and answer with "sir".

I was never once told "Since you're white, go ahead and get smart with the cops and argue with them, they won't do you anything".

No one is perfect, not black people, white people or even cops.

But the large majority of things going bad with cops, is because people like to be confrontational..

It's real simple, learn to comply..

Cops have to make split second judgements, the last thing they need is some
person acting crazy and not doing what they tell them to do..

Not many people have a job, where it's a good chance they could get killed at doing their job every day....and the pay is not exactly worth risking your life to do it..

At the end of the day, they want to go home to their family just like everyone else..

No particular group of people is being shot just for the hell of it..

You can believe that bullshit from the media if you like.
I for one don't..

@DandyDon If a person wakes up in the morning and gets out of bed and something about them is illegal( expired license...

"It's real simple, learn to comply.."
Comply and if the cop is a jerk, sue the pants off of them but initially, do what they say and don't make any quick movements.

@ozzyboy "It's real simple, learn to comply.." Comply and if the cop is a jerk, sue the pants off of them but initially, do...

Exactly, it's not hard to understand.

Don't start getting a attitude or feel you need to prove to the cop that you know the law better than him..

Once someone starts all of that, they get what's coming to them..

There's a difference between pulling that shit with someone, over getting your cheeseburger made wrong and someone who has to keep it in the back of their mind, that you might be trying to kill them..

Nodody even thinks about brown people...

If they did as they were told.stop,put your hands up and don't reach for anything

Unarmed whites are also shot by police. It just doesn't get the media attention because they are not a protected class. Just because a person is unarmed, does not mean they aren't a threat, or that deadly force was not appropriate. If I was a cop, and a 300 pound animal (black or white) was charging at me, I'm going to shoot his ass.

Truth right here

Because it's true

Um it's not that one sided though. Not everyone that gets shot by cops deserves it. And even if both white people and black people get shot, that doesn't mean there isn't a racial bias at times. I use to talk to some ex NYC cops that admitted that they didn't like black people and assumed they were up to trouble most of the time. Saying racial discrimination with cops doesn't happen at all is just as bad as saying it happens 100% of the time. And a lot of it is subconscious too. Black people tend to be preceived as more threatening than white people by default so sometimes they don't get as much of a cops patience.

Anonymous