StarzAboves avatar Law
9 35

Yes, I love grits and shrimp!

@Rooster Yes, I love grits and shrimp!...

Hello Cowboy,

that looks good, I've never had that combination. Mine is usually with eggs, a little sugar on them....makes a great meal.

@StarzAbove I love deep fried shrimp....

Starz lucky for you you can afford all those calories, I have boiled shrimp on boiled rice - because I have the fat tendency and I am short so always gotta watch what I eat. angry smilie

@Rooster If you like shrimp? You would love it!

Maybe I had grits when in a hospital but from that who can know. Nobody serves that in restaurants in Maine.

I put maple syrup on them. Makes southerners cringe. Ha! Image in content

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor I like grits +7Reply
@Will_Janitor I put maple syrup on them. Makes southerners cringe. Ha!...

I've never tried syrup, but it sounds good to me. I know what you mean about Southerners, I put sugar on mine, and got some very disapproving looks at a restaurant once when in Georgia. lol They like them plain. lol

Very few foods I don't like and grits are on that list.

Q: What's the difference between grits and polenta?
A: About $10 a serving.

Azlottos avatar Azlotto I like grits +6Reply
@Azlotto Very few foods I don't like and grits are on that list. Q: What's the difference between grits and polenta? A:...

Love Polenta also.
Polenta is a staple of Italian cuisine, whereas grits are a Southern staple. While polenta is made from ground yellow corn, grits are made from white corn (also called hominy). ... The most notable difference between the two is in the texture: polenta is much coarser, whereas grits are finer.

I like mine with butter and salt & pepper.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell I like grits +6Reply

I am in the north never have I had grits.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I am in the north never have I had grits.

They don't have them in the grocery stores? It is a southern dish, though.

@StarzAbove They don't have them in the grocery stores? It is a southern dish, though.

Maybe they do, but I never looked now I might look, but only if it is a cheap buy - I have way too much food already - that fat thing again :)

@2738869

Add some Kale and it'll taste better. lolill smilie

@StarzAbove Add some Kale and it'll taste better. lol

Not even Kale can make grits tolerable. no smilie

Flrdsgnss avatar Flrdsgns I don't like grits +1Reply
@Flrdsgns Not even Kale can make grits tolerable.

hahah, getting past the Kale would be the problem. Yucky stuff. lol

I've had something like it...but I'd still like to try the real thing.

I don't eat it much but I like it sometimes for breakfast, with a slab of butter melting in it..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon I like grits -1Reply