+4

This song is catchy... What's you're opinion of it?

My kid introduced me to this song: "Pumped up Kicks," by Foster the People. "Mom, it's really catchy sounding. But the lyrics are scary... Because it's so catchy sounding." Evidently the fella who wrote it, Mark Foster, was working as a commercial jingle writer when he wrote this song. The song was released for free online in 2010, became popular in 2011. The band's bassist, Cubbie Fink, has a cousin who survived the Columbine Massacre. Your thoughts?

foster the people - pumped up kicks lyricsLike on facebook? :D http://www.facebook.com/pages/Foster-the-People-sleepiihead4/168043239939886?skip_nax_wizard=true Best 'Meaning ' of this BEAST song ^.^...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ldsF65cLM
ForkNdaRoads avatar
3 19

I liked the chorus...the guys' voice made me want to adjust the sound...

It may not be popular to say, but I think the kids who are protesting today are the same ones responsible for creating their sub-culture of violence against each other. I think this song is just one example of that.

@JustJimColo It may not be popular to say, but I think the kids who are protesting today are the same ones responsible for...

Certainly seems that way. I don't think there's anything wrong with that observation other than that it might, might, paint with too broad a brush. It's probably not that simple.

OK drumbeat but the words are very disturbing.

@2738448

Did you realize what the lyrics were when you first heard it, or did it take a few listens? Just curious...

@2738616

The author further described it as:
"It's a 'fuck you' song to the hipsters in a way—but it's a song the hipsters are going to want to dance to."
-Mark Foster

"I like to write about real-life topics, and I like to write about different walks of life. For me, that song was really an observation about something that's happening in the youth culture these days. I guess I wanted to reveal that internal dialogue of a kid who doesn't have anywhere to turn, and I think the song has kind of done its job. I think people are talking about it, and it's become a point of conversation, which I think is a really healthy thing."
—Mark Foster (speaking to CNN in 2012)

@2738670

I prefer this one... But Nate Dog's a fav.

Anonymous