SociallyAwkwarks avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
8 28

Everyone should do what they want to do.

Nothing to think about...it's not illegal..

That she should kick ass and don't get herself killed

There are some great opportunities in the military for women. I know a lot of them and have had a number of them under my command.

I have no problem with it until they get pregnant.

@JerryHendrickson I have no problem with it until they get pregnant.

That is a complex issue... I have feelings about it, too... Do you think women should tell them when they are thinking of getting pregnant?

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Disagree +2Reply
@2738613

There is a huge difference between the female physical requirements and the male physical requirements. The female requirements are a lot lower.

@2738695

To give an example in the difference in standards for a 21 year old, to "pass" the Physical training requirements, a man must do 42 pushups in 2 min. A woman has to do 19. A man and woman both have to do 53 sit-ups. The 2 mile run time for a man is 15:54. For a woman, it is 18:54. Body fat limit is 22% for a man and 32% for a woman.

If that's what she wants, the best of luck for her.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +3Reply

If they want to go into the military, train them and put them in the military.

@2742982

Thanks for your baseless sexist rhetoric, and by thanks, I mean I never asked you and don't give me any of it. I'd be stunned if you could legitimately cite sources to back up anything you said.

Bottom Line: If they want to go into the military, train them and put them in the military.

@2743100

Look around? If look around I'll see several people who aren't fit for any formed of armed forces regardless of gender. But since we're just looking around, watch ONE episode of American Ninja Warrior or maybe watch the Olympics. You genuinely think there's no way for any woman to be strong enough to go into the army? Do you know what serious physical training can do? Do you actually believe that army equipment is so unwieldy and heavy that it can't be effectively loaded onto a truck with just a few strong people and an effective system? Also, you can gauge upper body strength just by looking at someone? You can tell what they bench? bone density? stamina? Think about it seriously, not in any generalizations and stereotypes.

If they want to go into the military, train them and put them in the military

She wants to do this so no problem.

If that's what she wants to do, go for it.

Only if she is a good fit...is she v smart? Is she tall with a tendency to be muscular? Otherwise...unless there is a burning desire...tell her to forget it.

I'd say the same for men.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Disagree +1Reply

My great aunt was in the Navy. One of my gal pals is in the Army. More power to your sis!

Fine by me

Trivia: I just saw a news headline the other day that Germany has approved a military uniform for pregnant women. LOL

Anonymous