ForkNdaRoads avatar Jokes & Humour
7 21

I'm glad I'm not on FB. I was there for about 2 weeks, and decided it wasn't for me.

I just don't like or use facebook. Well yes it wouldn't be important to the millions of people who live in poverty without power let alone a facebook account.

I've been on FB for just over 9 years now. I also use it for my business, My personal account is locked down and is very private, but the business account can be seen by the public. I have closed down all the games, and ads that FB had access to. Hopefully that is enough, but I was pretty shocked to see the amount of information FB had on me.

@Flrdsgns I've been on FB for just over 9 years now. I also use it for my business, My personal account is locked down and...

Outstanding, that's fantastic news and I bet it was eye-opening.

More to my point though, you can see how absurd it is to suggest the deleting your account is a luxury most can't afford.

I'm betting someone in an underdeveloped country would give their right arm (literally, only need one to type) to have a problem like that. You know? Priorities ;)

@2739409

May as well hang a gps around your neck! I know a few people who were freaked out by that.

I also saw a report from a fella yesterday who viewed all the info that google and facebook had saved on him.

He mentioned his boss sent him an invitation to an event via google calendars. He didn't didn't select whether or not he would attend. He did attend though and when he arrived, because he had his locations turned on in his phone, google flagged him at the event via his gps and then modified the calendar, on its own, to show that he attended the event.

No thank you!

Did I mention there's a book? "Algorithms of Oppression" Sounds delightful!

Lord help us... Our society is doomed. DOOMED!

@2739332

I don't know about every one else, but for my part, I know exactly what information about me is online or available to websites because I'm the one that provided the info.

I've gone to great lengths to manage that as failing to do so potentially affects my business.

@2739350

You have to set up barriers, not just with accounts but with devices themselves and networks too, for that matter. There are certain devices I would never use to log in here, for example. And I would never log on to certain accounts from this device either.

These days you can pull a temporary, or one use phone number out of your rear-end almost as quickly as you can think of one.

Can't afford to walk away? Wow! I admit I don't use it, never have, but from the outside looking in, I can't see how one could afford to stay!

There is life without Facebook! .... Honest!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@ForkNdaRoad I honestly thought it satire at first, then I realized the author was serious...

Ahhh, so you were quoting someone else!?
I've got to say - I'm relieved. biggrin smiliehug smilie

@Budwick Ahhh, so you were quoting someone else!? I've got to say - I'm relieved.

You think that's outrageous, go read the forward for the book cited in my comment above.

The moment facebook or other social medias become more important than actual people right around me, I hope someone puts me out of my misery.

Oh yeah...

Facebook may come to an end with all the trouble they have caused or allowed.

Anonymous