0

The fall-out from the FB fiasco will eventually shut sites like Amirite down.

Image for post The fall-out from the FB fiasco will eventually shut sites like Amirite down.
Sukiesnows avatar Games
10 52
@2739797

Yes. Who knows where it will go?

Bring out your crystal ball, Bozette.

If Amirite ever shuts down I believe it will be from a lack of interest. Sort of like all the folks who were very prominent here 5 and 10 years ago.

I think people might see the FB fiasco as incentive to look for other sites. I do think people will be more carefull about the sites they do join though.

@JustJimColo I think people might see the FB fiasco as incentive to look for other sites. I do think people will be more...

How can peeps do that? Click very cautiously?

Also, being careful might not be a good quality on this site. We want peeps to share about themselves and to tell you the truth...most - 80% - peeps suck at this.

I mean...who cares what town you live in? I don't understand why peeps don't say that. Just don't give your address. That's too personal.

And sharing...it's very rare when someone shares a crippling emotional experience - an experience that might frame one differently...and risk a chance of being viewed as a wounded bird...

Otherwise we only get to know one part of a person.

This is possibly a rant...:)

@Sukiesnow How can peeps do that? Click very cautiously? Also, being careful might not be a good quality on this site. We...

It doesn't take a lot of information to be able to find out a lot more information.
There are a select few I share "some" information with but there are also a few on here I wouldn't trust with anything.
Sometimes the worst people, try to get into positions where they have access to more private information. (Not saying that happens here, but it happens in other places)

@JustJimColo It doesn't take a lot of information to be able to find out a lot more information. There are a select few I share...

It's ambiguous...unless...you seem to know what to look for, you see beyond, so problems don't happen...

@2739842

There are other factors at play now...thanks in part to FB fallout. I sense it; and it makes me feel uneasy.

Last night when I made this post I did so with complete certainty...it's almost like I could feel the dread everyone will experience with the new changes... Sad, really.

I''d like to also hear what Maze has to say...

@2739781

Either that...or at least - 100% - changes will happen which may make it less easy and curtail online enjoyment.

Post a song with the word "uncertainty" in the title.

@2740095

Did you actually think I had a fully formed plan with a spreadsheet and times? Or were you just trying to trip me up.

You should be used to how people answer questions on here.

@2740105

Good assumption... I wish.

But I did put in a call to Mark...:)

@2739829

Ha Ha!!

@2739829

If everything does crash during his reign...it won't look good for him...

@2739870

I doubt he will walk away unscathed this time....there's too much against him.

@2739870

Luck. The Chinese believe (and I) that everyone is born with a certain amt of luck.

@2739844

Thought you loved him...:)

@2739861

Trumps not a liberal? That democrat/republican thing is confusing. There's no easy word game to keep it straight either...

I know! If the US takes on Metric...we will change con/lib to repub/demo...then I will be forced to remember...

@2739829

There is probably a website dedicated to that goal by now... <s>

Only time will tell.

@StarzAbove Only time will tell.

For a lot of people, Facebook is not their universe..

It'll send the Chicken Littles scurrying...that's about it.

@DandyDon For a lot of people, Facebook is not their universe.. It'll send the Chicken Littles scurrying...that's about it.

It's definitely not mine. I was there for about 2 weeks, and found that it wasn't a site for me.

My comment about time will tell, was mostly about this site. I hope it stays up, but only time will tell. hug smilie

@StarzAbove It's definitely not mine. I was there for about 2 weeks, and found that it wasn't a site for me. My comment...

Like I stated above, I've been hearing about this site shutting down since I first got here..

I'll worry about that, when and if it happens. hug smilie

@DandyDon Like I stated above, I've been hearing about this site shutting down since I first got here.. I'll worry about...

So have I, and it's still up and running. I'll be sad if it does shut down, but not much we can do about it.

In about 15 to 20 years..

@DandyDon In about 15 to 20 years..

Amirite seems somewhat like a cult that is so weird no one wants to join...the reviews don't help... But it's NOT weird...that must be the impression peeps get, though. And the reviews...I know I usually avoid purchasing an item with a low review score...it's possible that;s what others are doing...

It's always the same really beautiful people who are always on here...

No wonder Tiff comes and goes...it's like being in another family here after awhile...you get the same responses from the same people... I can write a post and know exactly what people are going to say...just like family...

Luv you all.

@Sukiesnow Amirite seems somewhat like a cult that is so weird no one wants to join...the reviews don't help... But it's NOT...

I don't keep up with reviews or who does and who doesn't want to join.
I only know what it is while I'm here..

If someone has to "come and go", that's fine, whatever works for them..
I can focus on doom and gloom if I wanted to but I don't find anything productive in that.

Since I first joined this site, I've been hearing that this site is going to shut down...
The end of the world has been trying to be predicted, since the beginning of the world..

One persons Nostradamus....is another persons repetitive cries of "Wolf".
.......
"It's always the same really beautiful people who are always on here"...

That pretty much wraps it up.

@DandyDon I don't keep up with reviews or who does and who doesn't want to join. I only know what it is while I'm here.. If...

I wasn't really complaining, babe...just stating the facts.

Yes, but this is the first time I have even alluded to Amirite's potential demise. And there is a good possible reason.