+22

Back in my day, we didn't have a fancy computer with the net...we had to walk up the hill in the snow to tell someone their opinion was wrong🙄

Sometimes barefoot too😘

Image for post Back in my day, we didn't have a fancy computer with the net...we had to walk up the hill in the snow to tell someone their opinion was wrong🙄
Lil_Princesss avatar
10 61
@2740057

Well mom and dad could hear you talking on the phone. They would tell you to calm down. So you didn't do that from a phone.

@2740057

Wait what...well why didn't I think of that ono smiliehehe smilie

@2740193

I did that at my grandmas standing on top of a tire swing that was made from a tractor tire hehe smilie

Yes she got complaints but let me do anyways

@2740199

My grandma got told that I need to act like a little girl and not some unruly little brat.

I sure do miss that old tire swing

I ain't changed either because I can still be a brat hehe smilie

@2740201

With a capital T hehe smiliehehe smilie

@Lil_Princess My grandma got told that I need to act like a little girl and not some unruly little brat. I sure do miss that old...

Ha Ha I got the same talk at school cause I could yell so loud someone messed with my stuff at school so I yelled and my teacher told me that was not a good sound from a young lady. I can still yell as loud so people don't bug me muchangry smilie

Back in my day, internet was too slow, and it was so expensive that it was only affordable to use during the weekends.

We didn't even hear of social networks back then, or Youtube, or Google.

Very few people could afford having computers at home, and most didn't even have a clue how to use one.

Imagine the peace! xp smilie

By the way, I miss Windows 3.11, and Microsoft Office 97, and Netscape Navigator.

@Lil_Princess Oh that sounds like a very peaceful time I miss Office 97 too.

hehe smiliebiggrin smilie

I know, right? sad smilie I really liked the "Clip-Arts" in PowerPoint 97 (you know, that library of figures that you could add to the slides). Office 2000 had ClipArts too, but they were nothing like the ones in PPT 97.

And by the time we got to the top of the hill, we forgot what their opinion was. biggrin smiliebiggrin smilie

@StarzAbove And by the time we got to the top of the hill, we forgot what their opinion was.

Oh that is very true...I forget what I am doing 5 minutes after I thought about doing something hehe smilie

Or get to the local tavern and start a fight over your opinion biggrin smilie

@Lil_Princess

I guess the first to go is our memory....I think mine has flown the coop. lol

@StarzAbove I guess the first to go is our memory....I think mine has flown the coop. lol

Mine flew away years ago. Yesterday I made some coffee. Walked back to the computer did some stuff and realized my coffee was in the kitchen. I went to get it, got side tracked came back without. This pattern went on for almost a half an hour. By this time I had to reheat my coffee cause it was cold hehe smilie

@Lil_Princess Mine flew away years ago. Yesterday I made some coffee. Walked back to the computer did some stuff and realized my...

Hey I do that hourly. Microwave helps a lot.Also if i keep saying the thing I can focus and find or take it as I wanted. Like I am in the car and forgot somethings inside. I think and keep thinking or saying keys coffe wallet. Been doing that since I was 20.

@2740631

Oh i hope ya didn't have to carry them up the hill with ya

@2740631

HAHA wasn't it made of bamboo? I think most came from japan and china

Ha Ha I think it was easier than that. If you didn't agree you shut up or just cut that person out. Kids were not allowed opinions when I was young. That was ok by mer cause I didn't really care about anything till I was out of school - by then if I wanted to argue I just asked someone big to tell them to shut up, I always made sure to have big strong guys as buds.

Nah ... if there was snow, we would pelt them with snowballs full of gravel.

The worse part for me were the bears and land mines..

@DandyDon The worse part for me were the bears and land mines..

Thankfully we don't have bears that setup landmines in these neck of the woods hehe smilie

@2740181

Oh is that what bears setup where you are from?

@2740185

Oh my that is some hostile bears

@2740187

Wow those bears are mean

@2740190

I do reckon...hehe smilie

Back in your day, people's opinions weren't wrong nearly as often as they are now.

Computers came along just in time. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Back in your day, people's opinions weren't wrong nearly as often as they are now. Computers came along just in...

hmm smilie Wait...computers started after 1978? Or maybe I ain't picking up what you are putting down....I ain't that old hehe smilie

Yea in my day people think they know so much yet know so little crs smilie