Food for thought.. Restaurant menus are some of the germy-ist, most virusy objects to touch. Therefore you might want to wash your hands after placing your order. Any other nasty objects we should be aware of?

PhilboydStudges avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
10 37
@2741443

They have sanitary wipes at the grocery where I go to.

You should check out the human mouth, dirtier than an average toilet bowl.

@Masha Ha! Brings a new meaning to “potty-mouth!”

Quite so, having in mind that the average person's mouth has bacteria 3 times more than the human population.

I treat the food stains on my shirt like a scratch and sniff menu hehe smilie

@2741448

Lol. There are not too many people I would share a harmonica with.

@2741642

I'll go with Emma Watson. She seems like a wholesome young woman with good hygiene.

@2741463

They are, we touch everything, then we touch our phones. Anti bacterial wipes have never sounded so good.

@2741515

They kill all bacteria yes, I don't think that's more bad than good. Alcohol is universal in that regard at least, it dehydrates the bacteria without causing them to create spores. I agree about soap and water but you can't exactly wash your phone ( biggrin)

@2741480

It'd be funny to see your reaction if you could see all the bacterial colonies around you.

@astral_queen funny?! im p sure i would end up institutionalized if i had to see it everywhere

It's not all bad though, most bacteria are perfectly normal and harmless to us, besides our immune system provides pretty good protection from outside invasions, as well as with the help of modern vaccines. People shouldn't freak out at the mere mention of bacteria.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's not all bad though, most bacteria are perfectly normal and harmless to us, besides our immune system provides...

Lmao I know how bacteria works! Thank you though! I'm saying if I had to see tiny clusters of writhing bacteria all throughout the land, my obsessive compulsive tendencies would develop into full blown obsessive compulsive disorder. There'd no way for me to know which were harmless bacteria and which are harmful. I didn't realise anyone would consider this a "freak out" at the ~mere mention~ of bacteria.... I just don't want to have to look at possible poop particles everywhere I go.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It'd be funny to see your reaction if you could see all the bacterial colonies around you.

Around you? How about on top and inside of you? Microorganisms outnumber our human cells 10 to 1. However, because they are relatively small they account for only 1 to 3 percent of our body mass. For me that's roughly 2 to 6 lbs of bacteria! Fortunately most of them are beneficial. smile smilie

@2741463

When my relative asked us to guess the dirtiest object we commonly cone in contact with, our phones was my first guess.

We humans are pretty disgusting!

@2741780

I know air blowing down into the trash can full of dirty papers has got to be awfully full of germs. I always rip off some paper towels before washing my hands so i don't need to touch anything once I wash.

@2741780

One time my uncle posted a video of his young son in a men's bathroom at a movie theatre or something standing under the blowing hand dryers with his MOUTH OPEN!!!!!!!! Poop particles down the throat!!!!!!

Wow, thanks, never thought about that....

I think maybe anything in public places that gets frequently touched: such as door knobs and stairway handrails.

@primeiro I think maybe anything in public places that gets frequently touched: such as door knobs and stairway handrails.

even elevator buttons. I learned to use my knuckle to push buttons less opportunity for germs to get to me that way.

Pretty much everything...the taps in washrooms, banisters, elevator buttons - shudder! ...must start carrying wipes...

@2742414

I agree. To a certain extent, we need bacteria. Frequent use of anti-bacterial soaps and sanitizer (which I absolutely love) kills call the bacteria, even the good kind that we need.