+17

If you bring a child into your home to live, you should treat him or her as though they are your own child.

vividlyprosaics avatar Life
3 10

I raised two step kids as if they were my own and they still call me Dad all these years later.

Of course I would. Just like I treat my adopted pups just like the ones I bred for generations.

Context: Posted because I grew up in foster care, and was never treated as equal to their real children.

@vividlyprosaic Context: Posted because I grew up in foster care, and was never treated as equal to their real children.

Sorry that happened to you. Authorities should make sure that doesn't happen. My stepdad always told stories of his family life. His mom ran off dad got remarried and she didn't like his sons too much. The stepsons saw her kids getting good things while they were locked in the bedroom with nothing.

Absolutely. I grew up in similar circumstances — I was adopted and treated as less than their biological daughter. In fact, I still don’t feel fully human around that family.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +2Reply

Definitely.