+6

Bloomberg reported on Tuesday that President Trump dined with Oracle co-CEO Safra Catz on Tuesday night amid his repeated berating of Amazon, a company with which Oracle is in direct competition to land a Pentagon contract worth billions. If this is accurate it is an outrageous abuse of power.

VicZincs avatar Politics
5 24

Trump is an abusive person, so makes sense most everything he does is an abuse of power

Instead of draining the swamp, he has filled it up with the most corrupt slime on this planet. And what is so sad, is the Republican Congress has done nothing to stop him. Pathetic.

He's a vindictive bully and this proves once again how crooked he is.

Yeah, I mean, why would the President of the United States want to meet the man into whose hands the government is considering placing an important aspect of the nation's security? That makes no sense at all...

@Maze Yeah, I mean, why would the President of the United States want to meet the man into whose hands the government is...

Maybe to make backroom deals? Maybe to do insider trading? Maybe to figure out how to grab some of that money for himself? It is totally inappropriate and you know it.

@VicZinc Maybe to make backroom deals? Maybe to do insider trading? Maybe to figure out how to grab some of that money for...

If you're thinking of placing a significant amount of trust in someone, I think it's good if you actually meet them first. Maybe sit down to dinner, you know, a casual setting where you can get to know him a bit, get a sense of the man. It's only prudent, that's Trump doing his job if you ask me.

@Maze If you're thinking of placing a significant amount of trust in someone, I think it's good if you actually meet them...

No. You meet them in a setting were there are others involved in the decision. And you give equal time to each bidder.

You don't continuously toss one bidder under the bus while secretly dining with the other one.

@VicZinc No. You meet them in a setting were there are others involved in the decision. And you give equal time to each...

Well, when you're president, you can do it your way.

4 ways Amazon’s ruthless practices are crushing local economies
Jeff Bezos has forged an empire by exploiting low-wage workers and extracting billions in government subsidies
https://www.salon.com/2014/09/2...omies_partner/

@Maze Well, when you're president, you can do it your way. **4 ways Amazon’s ruthless practices are crushing local...

Bull. There are laws and protocols that have been in place for centuries about how bids are conducted and what should be considered conflict of interest.

You can defend Trumps' blatant violation of our trust all you want, and you can play your 'whatabout' games all you want. It doesn't change the fact that his actions in this instance are unethical.

Yes I could also act despotically 'when' I am president, that would make me a despot, just like Mr. Trump.

@VicZinc Bull. There are laws and protocols that have been in place for centuries about how bids are conducted and what...

Wow Vic, that's a lot of certainty for a guy who can't be sure if he's wearing pants or not.

What I meant is you have your way of doing things and Trump has his. Presidents have very few if any restrictions about who they can meet with and under what circumstances, so I don't think he broke any rules.

And why are you so upset that Trump has been criticizing Amazon? Their predatory behavior is legendary. I'd expect a bleeding heart like yourself to be a harsher critic of them than Trump is.

@Maze Wow Vic, that's a lot of certainty for a guy who can't be sure if he's wearing pants or not. What I meant is you...

I am not upset about that. I am upset that he has a reputation of lining his and his families pockets at the expense of the working class. And this totally smacks of another attempt to do the same.

If this meeting was about the contract it is a breach of power - power that belongs to congress not him.

@Maze Do you know that the meeting was about the contract?

Nope. Which is exactly why I said "if" in OP.

@Maze Do you know that Trump is corrupt?

I have already said I don't anything. I suspect he is based on many things I have read.

@VicZinc I have already said I don't anything. I suspect he is based on many things I have read.

So from your perspective it's possible that Trump is actually motivated by a genuine desire to serve the best interests of the public?

@Maze So from your perspective it's possible that Trump is actually motivated by a genuine desire to serve the best...

Anything is possible. If he is than it seem very likely he either doesn't consider a vast number of people to be part of 'the public', or doesn't know what is in their best interest.

@Maze But it's possible he does, right? And it's also possible Trump is a good president?

Anything is possible.

Now you say, "It's possible he is being underhanded."

@VicZinc Anything is possible. Now you say, "It's possible he is being underhanded."

I don't believe that anything is possible though, that's your thing. I'm watching Trump like I watch the rest, but so far it looks to me like he's doing his best in a wicked town.

According to my understanding of the world, if he was as bad as you think he is, the media whores would be telling everyone how wonderful he is. The fact that they don't like him is an endorsement as far as I'm concerned.

@2742923

Nor did Clinton meeting with Lynch, but I never like that either.

@2742661

Yep. Same thing the right did to Obama.

Abusive? How? Did he order extra ice cream again?

@Budwick Abusive? How? Did he order extra ice cream again?

Oh but when Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch you were ready to call out the national guard.