+17

The only problem with America is that it is America.

Image for post The only problem with America is that it is America.
Sukiesnows avatar Countries & Places
8 32

America has a lot of problems, but they are OUR problems.. <s> Name me country that doesn't. At least in our country, we can still freely talk about our problems.

@JustJimColo America has a lot of problems, but they are OUR problems.. <s> Name me country that doesn't. At least in our...

There are many ways of looking at topics...thanks for your input.

This was supposed to be more wry...not negative...

@2744991

No...the same thing could be said about any country...but it seems more true about the US.

Only 2 CAPS LOCK...that's pretty good, Gronk.

@2747322

He's still a sweet guy and nothing you can say will change that...ha. It would be a pleasure flirting chatting with him.

And...at least, he has a moral compass.

Inha

@2748120

Ha... First you said he was upper crust...now you are saying he's lower class?

Maybe you could concentrate on your problems then, rather than the rest of the worlds hmmmm?

This may or may not be my own personal view but is one I see put forward by a great many people :)

@AliceD Maybe you could concentrate on your problems then, rather than the rest of the worlds hmmmm? *This may or may not...

If we did that, you'd be speaking German.

I generally voice my own personal views and don't try to hide behind them by saying they are the views of others.

@JustJimColo If we did that, you'd be speaking German. I generally voice my own personal views and don't try to hide behind...

Actually, we would be speaking Japanese.

Are you inferring that I am hiding behind the views of others?

@2743250

Well put...but it's becoming a burden.

I have no problem here...I'm self employed and enjoying my freedom.

I am very thankful that I live in America, sure we have our problems, but it's still the greatest country on earth.

For many people around the world, that is likely true.

@2744990

Yeah, really. I know there are many people in the world who have contempt for most all things American. I would know that, even I hadn't met several of them.

We all know that multitudes of people have, and still wish to immigrate to this country. That has nothing to do with my response to this post, and the fact many people do indeed hate us. As far as our country being "such an awful oppressive country to live in!!?????".....I suggest you take that up with someone who has expressed that sentiment.

@2745329

I don't doubt that to be true, Gronk, in your mind.

@2745925

Hmm...but that is not what I think, Ms Gronk.

" YOUR mindset, you and your ilk, you ignoramus women on the left"...oh MY. What you consistently ASSume about others is legion.

@2743467

"I'm not interested in retiring in either."

Same here, bro..The Philippines are looking good to me...and so are the women.

@2743490

Never been there, but seen pictures... Beautiful place to live.

@2743467

I think I'll just stick around and retire here and try to affect what changes I can. I don't think it will be long before other desirable places people would like to retire at, put up a No Vacancy sign.

@2743625

Any I can understand why you are doing what you plan.
When it comes to snow, I don't plan on going outside when it snows after I retire. LOL I'll be in front of a roaring fire with a good book. :)

Hence.....No problem for America..