Do you really think you get to pick your own battles?

Image for post Do you //really// think you get to pick your own battles?
Sukiesnows avatar Books
12 26

Sun Tzu in the book The Art Of War, says something along the lines of, you many not be able to choose your battles but to win, you need to make them happen at a time and place of your choosing, not at the enemy's time and place.

So in an argumentative situation if someone calls you out, you should defer it until you are ready and prepared and have the upper hand or best environment rather then allowing them to catch you off-guard which is in their best interests.

Yes, I'm good at picking my own battles. lol

Not always in real life. Sometimes you have fight. I don't find that to be true on the internet though. I always feel I can walk away here. Nothing life threatening to get excited about. 😉

What a great question, Sukie, and I've suggested it for "POTD".

Yes, I do believe we can pick our own battles. When other people wish to battle with us though, we can only choose how and if to engage in them. There are surely times, when simply ignoring them or not defending ourselves or others would be a decidedly milquetoast "pick"....

@Piper2 What a great question, Sukie, and I've suggested it for "POTD". Yes, I do believe we can pick our...

I agree Piper, it's a great question. I don't have many battles to pick, I'm a lover not a fighter. biggrin smiliehug smiliehug smilie

Not always. If I know a battle is inevetable, I do like to choose the time and place.

Sometimes. And sometimes you get to pick when and where.

Sometimes we can, sure; not everyone, every time but yeah.

Yes, often you can choose whether to escalate a situation or not.

I'm trying.

Not always, sometimes they are chosen for you by someone else. Make peace not war.

If I could pick battles... I wouldn't have any..

Keep your powder dry and your aim steady.