+56

Seriously, can you just imagine if Hillary owned a hotel, never installed sprinklers, there was a fire and someone died? Fox News would be demanding her head, Infowars would be non-stop insanity, congress would be holding endless hearings, and half the people on this site would be calling her a murderer. .

Image for post Seriously, can you just imagine if Hillary owned a hotel, never installed sprinklers, there was a fire and someone died?  Fox News would be demanding her head, Infowars would be non-stop insanity, congress would be holding endless hearings, and half the people on this site would be calling her a murderer. .
VicZincs avatar Money & Economics
7 102
@2744218

and about 3 or 4 other events. Vince Foster, James McDougal, Seth Rich and about 34 others according to some.

@2744149

LOL - Linn, "Him" wants you to prove your 'opinion'. jolly smiliejolly smilieono smilie. Can't you provide a link directly to your thought process? o_o smilie

@VicZinc LOL - Linn, "Him" wants you to prove your 'opinion'. . Can't you provide a link directly to...

You're weaseling again, Vic.
It is perfectly ok to ask a person on what factual basis they based their opinion.
If they can't provide any, maybe their opinion was based on hot air. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You're weaseling again, Vic. It is perfectly ok to ask a person on what factual basis they based their opinion. If...

It's is ok to ask. But it is not possible to 'prove' and opinion. It is my opinion. That I state it is all the proof there is.

@VicZinc It's is ok to ask. But it is not possible to 'prove' and opinion. It is my opinion. That I state it is all the...

You're still weaseling, Vic.
If it is merely your opinion, then why did you categorically say that if Hillary owned a hotel with no sprinklers and someone died, "Fox News would be demanding her head, Infowars would be non-stop insanity, congress would be holding endless hearings, and half the people on this site would be calling her a murderer." (boldface added)
Not "I think they would", not "maybe would", not even "probably would", but just categorically "would".
(And this from the man who often tells us there are no absolutes that we can know.) hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell You're still weaseling, Vic. If it is merely your opinion, then why did you categorically say that if Hillary...

Well miss smarty pants, if you already know I don't believe in absolutes then I think you can figure out that I also can't predict the future.

I understand that you hold me up as some godlike beacon of wisdom but I assure you that I am just an ordinary person.

@VicZinc Well miss smarty pants, if you already know I don't believe in absolutes then I think you can figure out that I...

Yet another dodge, Vic? biggrin smilie
If you can't predict the future, then why did you categorically say that if Hillary owned a hotel with no sprinklers and someone died, "Fox News would be demanding her head, Infowars would be non-stop insanity, congress would be holding endless hearings, and half the people on this site would be calling her a murderer." (boldface added)

@Thinkerbell Yet another dodge, Vic? If you can't predict the future, then why did you categorically say that if...

Speaking of dodges. If you don't vote on this post I assume you agree with it. So why are you arguing?

@Thinkerbell Ok, I officially disagreed. Now, why are you violating your own precept?

The post says "imagine" perhaps you can not imagine those things, but I can.

@VicZinc The post says "imagine" perhaps you can not imagine those things, but I can.

You said "imagine" a scenario where Hillary owned a hotel without sprinklers where someone died. Then you said what WOULD happen as a consequence.

Imagine Hillary flapped her arms. Then she WOULD fly to the moon, according to your dodgy logic. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You said "imagine" a scenario where Hillary owned a hotel without sprinklers where someone died. Then you said...

I can imagine that.

Did not think someone as smart as you would need me to repeat the word imagine in every clause. It is a hypothetical, it requires you to imagine it.

I'll try again, hey Thinkerbell, close your eyes and imagine.

@VicZinc I can imagine that. Did not think someone as smart as you would need me to repeat the word imagine in every...

Sorry, Vic, I'm not buying your latest dodge.
You meant "half the people on this site WOULD [necessarily] be calling her a murderer," etc.
If you had said "Imagine Hillary owned a hotel..." etc., "...and then imagine half the people on this site would be calling her a murderer," etc., it would have spoiled the whole purpose of your post.
In logic, only the antecedent is hypothetical, the consequent necessarily follows from it, if the logic is correct. Anyone with a math degree should know that, Vic (if they are honest, that is). Instead, you are now pretending you made up two hypothetical statements with no logical connection. biggrin smilie

@2744260

This is not presented as a 'fact' - it is a guess as to what people would say "if" . Can't be proven unless it actually happens. Don't agree then vote disagree and move on.

@2744149

All those decades of NYC skyscrapers, and no one figured out until after 9/11 that fire equipment couldn't reach those upper floors?

@2744187

I guess the word from Hollywood never made it back to NYC, Linn. Figures. biggrin smilie

It's an odd story. 67 year old guy, bought his apartment in 1996. He was an "art collector," not sure if that was a job or a hobby. He went bankrupt in 2015 but somehow kept his place.

When Trump began his run for President, the guy didn't like the additional security at the building, said it was like living in an armed camp. Got a hate on for Trump at some point and thought he was bad for the country. He had become depressed about living there and regularly said "I have to get out of here." He had apparently been trying to sell, but was unable to find a buyer at the price he wanted.

There were no sprinklers and he did not have any smoke detectors. Building management were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors in the HVAC system.

He was found "unconscious and unresponsive" at the scene, and died in hospital. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

...

So was this event simply an unfortunate accident, or was it suicide wrapped up in a political stunt? I'm really not sure, but I think there's a solid chance it's the latter.

The assumption so far seems to be he died as a result of the fire, smoke inhalation presumably, but they probably don't have a toxicology report yet. If he had overdosed on a drug and they assumed he was suffering from smoke inhalation, that might have been part of the reason he died in hospital. I'm no doctor, but I don't think the treatments for smoke inhalation and drug overdose are interchangeable.

Causing a fire in Trump tower would not only hit Trump in the pocket book, both by repairs and also by the fact the Trump organization will probably be compelled to install sprinklers, it would also be viewed favorably by those on the wild-eyed end of the left, a way of immortalizing himself in a grand final act of defiance.

Meh, I don't know, just a theory

...

As for Clinton, the right would probably be torn between wanting to attack her and not wanting to create a giant expense for a bunch of building owners.

But Hillary probably IS a murderer. I recall people ending up dead: http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/20...-check-it-out/

@JerryHendrickson But Hillary probably IS a murderer. I recall people ending up dead:...

I seldom believe in conspiracies, but this one in particular seems far fetched. Bill couldn't even get a blow job without the entire world finding out. smile smilie

@PhilboydStudge I seldom believe in conspiracies, but this one in particular seems far fetched. Bill couldn't even get a blow job...

The fact remains that all of those people are dead and not from natural causes. It seems impossible that it could be chance.

@VicZinc and thank you! We have a winner here!

An amazingly long list of mysterious deaths that cast suspicion on the Clintons. 47. Just like the Bill Cosby rape and sexual assault accusers, the high number of alleged victims seems like there has to be some guilt.

Yes I can imagine. The Republicans would be screaming for more investigations. ...put her in jail.... but they let Trump off the hook. But if it was Trump's apartment on fire and the fire department couldn't reach it, then Trump would be suing the NYFD. It sure wouldn't be his fault that he didn't have any sprinklers....geez.

Whew! Good thing the duct detector system worked, eh?

By the way - Congress is already having endless hearings! And, it's all based on vapor! Be sure to tell Mueller about this - maybe the tenant was Russian!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +5Reply
@2744253

Correct. Nor can they prove what they would not say.

I think you are probably right, except maybe for congress holding endless hearings and half the people here calling her a murderer part. It would likely be a lesser percentile of people here who would do that, but I could of course be wrong about that. a smilie

Where was Michael Cohen when this fire happened? How about Cohen's hired thugs? Looks like a case of murder to me.

@Flrdsgns Where was Michael Cohen when this fire happened? How about Cohen's hired thugs? Looks like a case of murder to me.

You might be right. Trump might have wanted that guy out of his building, so decided a fire might do it. lol

My comment makes about as much sense as some of these others on here defending Trump. And trying to pick a fight with the OP for a good post. I'm sure if it was Trump's apartment on fire, there would be hell to pay!

@2744684

You are correct, JD.

But of course when he realized that, Vic would add yet another hypothetical, e.g.: Imagine that Hillary paid off the inspectors to overlook the safety violations of the building. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You are correct, JD. But of course when he realized that, Vic would add yet another hypothetical, e.g.: Imagine...

No new hypothetical needed. OP is exactly what I intended it to be. POTD with 91% agreement and 81 comments. Can't really beat that with this crowd. pce smilie

~~ dislocates shoulder patting himself on the back shock smilie ono smilie ~~

@VicZinc No new hypothetical needed. OP is exactly what I intended it to be. POTD with 91% agreement and 81 comments...

You should put that on your career resume when you apply for a job at CNN or MSNBC. They'll be very impressed. biggrin smilie

Ever heard the axiom - 'Figures lie and liars figure'?

How many socks voted on this Vic?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Ever heard the axiom - 'Figures lie and liars figure'? How many socks voted on this Vic?

Good question, let me check...

None,
but it looks like about 15 people voted who were either not members yet or logged out of their accounts to vote. Pretty cool.

@Budwick Yes, of course. Voting 'non-citizens'. I'm convinced - not.

I thought you bought into the millions of non-registared voters.

@VicZinc I thought you bought into the millions of non-registared voters.

I believe they exist.
I don't agree that they should.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@Budwick I believe they exist. I don't agree that they should.

looks like 26 of them voted here.

That, by the way is how we get new members. Let them vote and they will be hooked, it drives them to become 'citizens' so they can thumbs up all your comments.

@VicZinc looks like 26 of them voted here. That, by the way is how we get new members. Let them vote and they will be...

Cool! Democrats have the same kind of plan for new American citizens - so THEY can vote for democrats! Works for them too.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Cool! Democrats have the same kind of plan for new American citizens - so THEY can vote for democrats! Works for...

Yes it does. Republicans should try it. Their social values are actually more closely aligned with those of traditional societies (or as they are known in the vernacular 'shit-holes')

@2744129

Proof of what? You can't prove a hypothetical. The point being Trump got away with it, no remorse at all. Someone died in the fire and he bragged about how well his building was was built.

And people say he gets a bum rap with MSM. Ha! It's crickets out there.

@2744725

Still would like your thoughts on how the right would have reacted if it was Hillary's building?

@2744151

You sir are very confused. If you think the fire is fake news than I feel sorry for you. If you think my 'guess' as to what would have happened if Hillary owned the hotel - well that is just silly, how can a guess be 'fake news'. Are you saying I need to show proof that I really do guess that?

Get a life.

@2744252

You seem to agree with my post or else you would hit the disagree button.

@Thinkerbell Crickets? I had no trouble finding this MSM story, Vic...

Think - this post is not about what seems to have happened at Trump tower. If that's what "Him" wanted - well seriously, it is everyone on every news channel.

This post is about that no one is calling him a murderer, or more to the point, it is about my guess that if it was Hillary instead of trump - you, among many others, would be calling for her to be arrested.

@VicZinc Think - this post is not about what seems to have happened at Trump tower. If that's what "Him" wanted - well...

Arrested? On what grounds?
For owning a building that's legal under current NYC fire codes? "Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice. biggrin smilie

@2744129

Here's a link Vic would rather you didn't see, Him.
https://www.nytimes.com/1999/03...esidences.html
As usual, Vic isn't telling the whole story. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Here's a link Vic would rather you didn't see...

From the article:

Donald J. Trump, one of the developers who initially fought the sprinkler law, said yesterday that he had decided to spend $3 million to install sprinklers in all 350 units of Trump World Tower, a high-rise apartment complex that he is building across from the United Nations.

But Mr. Trump stressed that he did not believe the law would reduce fire fatalities.

''People feel safer with sprinklers,'' he said. ''But the problem with the bill is that it doesn't address the buildings that need sprinklers the most. If you look at the fire deaths in New York, almost all of them are in one- or two-family houses.''

Confused here. Who is talking about Trump besides you?

This post say that I think you would react differently if Hillary owned the building. It says nothing about Trump. Are you feeling guilty for loving such an evil man?

@VicZinc Confused here. Who is talking about Trump besides you? This post say that I think you would react differently if...

YOU are talking about Trump, Vic. biggrin smilie
If the building that had the fire were owned by Joe Schmoe (Schmoe Tower?), you would never have made this post.

@Thinkerbell YOU are talking about Trump, Vic. If the building that had the fire were owned by Joe Schmoe (Schmoe...

Please just vote on my post.
It is starting to look like everyone agrees with this outrageous supposition.

@2744496

Please vote

@2744515

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. I don't have any friends here except Philbyod.

@2744529

Imagine if it was. This post is asking if you can imagine. If you can't imagine then, OK.

Following Fox News/Infowars reactions during the years, what they chose to be angry about and not, what they chose to hide or not talk about, what they're constantly talking about, how they talk about this and that, and all that, and remembering the same about some members in this site, I'll say that's a pretty good guess.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply
@2744562

OMG, more collusion with the Russians? swt smilie