Have you or anyone you know experienced ego death? Do you live freely? Are you a slave to the ego?

People can "achieve" ego death (or temporary ego loss) with the use of psychedelic and/or hallucinogenic drugs. This isn't the only way by any means. The mind can be expanded in many ways, with many different methods. I would love to know your personal experience with keeping your ego intact or destroying her and evolving or whateeeever is happening in your personal consciousness.

Image for post Have you or anyone you know experienced ego death? Do you live freely? Are you a slave to the ego?
0% My ego is a precious child whom I carefully protect 0% My ego held me back so trying to expand my consciousness is part of my life 0% I don't fully understand this and I'd need to do research before being able to intelligently comment 100% Other
astral_queens avatar Language
7 17
@2744272

i really like your honesty.

Perhaps. I've tried to understand and internalize the Buddhist concept of anatta. My simplistic and perhaps incorrect understanding is that since our bodies are constantly changing from one moment to the next, the identities we all have are just illusions. We are more like processes than individuals.

The analogy I've often heard is that of a river. I live near the Niagara River, and in my mind I equate the identity of the river with its actual physical existence. In reality though, the river is never the same. Different particles are continually entering and exiting it. To me this means that the river is a process, and not an individual thing.

Does that count?

I have difficulty understanding the difference between ego and pride. As in have I ever made bad choices because I was too proud? I don't know, I don't think so, as much as it sucks to admit being wrong I will do so, there's dignity in admitting that. So I guess I'm not a slave to my ego. As for living freely I have the opportunity but it's not ego that doesn't let me free myself.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I have difficulty understanding the difference between ego and pride. As in have I ever made bad choices because I...

i know what you mean. they are so close and often interchangeable!!! what do you mean by your last statement? im so curious.

@astral_queen i know what you mean. they are so close and often interchangeable!!! what do you mean by your last statement? im so...

I'd rather not go into great detail, let's just say that I have metaphorical chains inside of me, like a tiny voice saying "you dont deserve that fun" or "you'd look dumb doing that"

@Sunny_the_skeptic I'd rather not go into great detail, let's just say that I have metaphorical chains inside of me, like a tiny voice...

i understand. I hope someday you can destroy those chains and have such a good and happy and free existence.

@astral_queen i understand. I hope someday you can destroy those chains and have such a good and happy and free existence.

Sure thanks, everybody has a bunch of demons to fight within themselves or in other words everyone is fucked up in their own unique way. Funny that there's beauty even in that.

Me and my ego are doing great, and I have never used any drugs to hallucinate.

Have I experienced ego death? No - I assume I would know, right?

Do you live freely? Totally free! Ain't no ropes on this stallion! [Mrs. Budwick said I could leave anytime I want!]

Are you a slave to the ego? Nope! I have a good handle on who I am.

@2744319

Cool!
Then I'm a-OK.
cool smilie

Many times.

Based on what the image accompanying the question says, yes on some.

Anonymous