What was the last WILD animal you saw in person?

I went to a park yesterday and saw like 15 ducks but MORE IMPORTANTLY I saw 10 entire marmots (yellow bellied marmots like the one in the picture accompanying the post). Have you seen any wildlife lately? (Your pets don't count... I'm talking about random animals in nature. So if you have livestock, that doesn't count either sorry)

Image for post What was the last WILD animal you saw in person?
astral_queens avatar Animals & Nature
7 55
@2744647

it's very sweet of you to put bread on the fence for them. go try to pet those skunks! tell me how it goes

@2744647

You sure that's a skunk, rooster?;)

@2744757

Yeah...a skunk is pretty...skunky:)

The last one I saw was a Fox that was running through my back yard, this morning.

There are many squirrels in the yard all the time, deer, wild turkeys, Canadian Geese at times, even raccoons....that eat our bird seed. lol

@StarzAbove The last one I saw was a Fox that was running through my back yard, this morning. There are many squirrels in...

omg! foxes are like... dogcats to me? they're good little babies!!
wild turkeys? do you catch/eat/hunt them or anything? i've never seen one in the wild. just the grocery store

raccoons are CUTE but theyre BITCHES

@astral_queen omg! foxes are like... dogcats to me? they're good little babies!! wild turkeys? do you catch/eat/hunt them or...

We don't see many foxes, they are not liked in our community. lol The turkeys usually appear in the colder months, and usually about 20 are meandering through the back yard, no we can't shoot them, and they would probably be too tough to eat.

We had a raccoon that came out of the woods behind our house and made a path to our bird feeder.... lol But he's gone, probably meandered into the street and got hit by a car.

@2744643

omg! like...on your land? or what? bears give me the creeps lmao

@2744660

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@2744666

oh shit... thats scary.... uh so have you ever seen a shaved bear? i have... thats all i can picture when i think of a bear. the shaved naked freak i saw ONCE (you should look it up!!!!!!!!!!!! horrifying lmfao)

@2744698

You're very brave.... I sure couldn't do that. Stay safe.

Robins and squirrels and bunnies in my yard.

@astral_queen BUNNIES! I fuckin love bunnies.

They are everywhere. We see them every day all year long. So cute.

@VicZinc They are everywhere. We see them every day all year long. So cute.

ok when my wife and i were living in north/central Colorado we saw them ALLLL DAAAY LONG but then we moved to Idaho and I haven't seen one since.... I hate Colorado but I miss the bunny population. so sad

Deer this morning in the back, by my pines. I have both gray and red squirrels that run the trees. I hear coyotes almost every night, but rarely see them.
A piliated woodpecker has been working on one of the pines closer to the house. Saw him monday.
A big rabbit that frequents my front yard, see him/her a couple times a week. I know he/she is just biding time till my morel patch starts coming up. Damned rabbit!

@Carla Deer this morning in the back, by my pines. I have both gray and red squirrels that run the trees. I hear coyotes...

omg! morel mushrooms?? im supposed to go wild mushroom hunting in the next few weeks but i never even considered just growing them my damn self!! that naughty bunny.... i hope she has mercy on your patch

@astral_queen omg! morel mushrooms?? im supposed to go wild mushroom hunting in the next few weeks but i never even considered...

It is a volunteer patch. And i doubt she will show mercy. I am contemplating some temporary chicken fence. My nephew is contemplating rabbit stew!:[

Wild? I saw a snake once, we shared a moment when our eyes locked, I dont know who was startled more. Otherwise I'm staying at my grandparents for the easter holiday and chasing their rabbit when it's time to get it back in the cage.

Next doors dog.It doesn't like me!

Aside from birds, lizards, frogs, and squirrels, the last wildlife I saw was a raccoon in my backyard. I've seen a variety of wildlife, even in my own backyard. I've had several raccoons and opossums come into my screened porch, because they were hungry or thirsty.
I've seen some magnificent eagles perched on my fence a few times, and once a large snake burrowing in and out of the ground...sort of looked like some pictures I've seen of the Loch Ness "Monster"...smile smilie

@astral_queen omg!!! eagles!!! thats amazing. theyre so majestic~

Actually, I misspoke there. The birds I was referring to seen perched on my back fence have been hawks, not eagles. Although I do think they are just as majestic, they were not eagles.

A raccoon last night which had obviously been hit by a car. I have been trying to trap him and get him to a vet.

Just returned from visiting relatives in Florida. I saw an alligator in the canal that runs behind their property. Also saw some dolphins when we went to the Gulf pier.

A bird. I see them every day.

@JerryHendrickson A bird. I see them every day.

any special ones? there are tons of black billed magpies here and i think theyre just so nice

A robin.

Canadian geese, Trumpeter swans, Eagles.<3

@2746320

A swan literally tried to kill me when I was super little. I was near the edge of a frozen lake. I was gonna feed it a cracker. Instead of eating the cracker, it grabbed the sleeve of my snowsuit and began pulling me into the water. My dad saw and grabbed me away. They're strong and powerful. Even as an adult, I wouldn't wanna get on the wrong side of one.