+7

The major countries are way too good at war these days to have a serious fight... we'll all be killed.

The lethality of their power is greater than ever. Their capacity to impose control over the politically awakened masses of the world is at a historical low. In earlier times it was easier to control a million people - literally - it was easier to control a million people than, physically, to kill a million people. Today it is infinitely easier to kill a million people than to control a million people. It is easier to kill than to control, and of course that bears directly on the use of force, particularly by societies that are culturally alien, over other societies. -Zbigniew Brzezinski, 2008

Image for post The major countries are way too good at war these days to have a serious fight... we'll all be killed.
Mazes avatar Life
8 11
@2745012

Spot-on. Civilisation I’ve ever called human taming. The beast has to breathe.

Are you saying that whatever is going on with trump et NK/Russia is all bluff?

A war would bring about faster depopulation and a greater reliance from current people who don't trust their government to tell them the truth, it also generates money. Elites won't be killed they never are. However, I think politics is just one big show, I don't watch TV much anymore so I think for myself. All the News and media is owned by the same people.

Yes, in the worst case scenario. The world has about 15,000 neuclear weapons. If they were all used, it would kill everyone, due to the blast, fallout, or nuclear winter.

Not necessarily. Chances are they would never use nukes even if their military was wiped out by well-placed conventional troops, in a first-strike.

Anonymous