Do off-topic responses to posts you've submitted sometimes bother you, especially when the responses get muchfarther away from the original issue?

Image for post Do off-topic responses to posts you've submitted sometimes bother you, especially when the responses get //**much**//farther away from the original issue?
PartyOfOnes avatar
11 71

Not bothered.If people get want to get involved in some banter that's in no way topic related get on with it.

@2745872

I don't think I've been to a post where the dialog was strictly linear - actually, yeah, I have: where the topics were gravely serious.

Anyway, thanks for keeping me company twice in one night. No one illuminates the screen any brighter than you.

It's not an issue for me. Good thing cause it goes on all the time. Sometimes I'll follow the comments and sometimes I just skip down to the next direct answer. 😊

Yes....they are sometimes annoying, as is usually the intent.

@Piper2 Yes....they are sometimes annoying, as is usually the intent.

Thanks for your comment - it's always good to see you on my posts ;)

@2745860

Thanks for your feedback... nice to have your point of view ;)

I dont mind at all.

@2745965

Definitely - my take on it as well.

@2746308

How rude....but that happens around here. lol

I was told by an OP that my comments weren't appreciated, I gave an honest opinion, and then she blocked me. lol lol Guess she didn't want honest replies. Oh well....such is life on the internet.

@2746132

I'm with you on all those points you hit upon. y smilie

@2746132

hahaha I was scolded quite a few times by that certain nun for just having a nice conversation with someone on her post. lol

@PartyOfOne That woman was wound tight... holy god.

Do you remember one time when you were making a joke with an apple picture in one of her posts, and she got really mad at it and told you to stop going on about this apple already?

My memory is horrible and I don't really remember what the joke was or even if it was really about an apple. Anyway, it was funny. lol :P

(Not that I'm criticizing her or anything, but... yeah.)

@primeiro Do you remember one time when you were making a joke with an apple picture in one of her posts, and she got really...

You have an excellent memory, my friend, lol. I forgot about the apple manipulation :D She definitely didn't care for people going off on a tangent, not when it was her post :) She was fairly "old" and I think some part of her stiff attitude was as a result of her aging... maybe, lol.

Thanks for the memory, and for taking part on my post. You've been missed quite a bit ;D

@PartyOfOne You have an excellent memory, my friend, lol. I forgot about the apple manipulation :D She definitely didn't care...

Hah, yeah, the apple manipulation. :D

No problem. The pleasure is mine. :) You've been missed too. :) I haven't logged on very much lately because I've been WAY too busy with work.

@2746950

She was block happy. I defended her many times, but one disagreement and she blocked me. Did I care....NOPE. hehe smilie

@2747004

That changed quickly, didn't it. hehe smilie

I still have not found the pocket watch I lost when I was 12.

@AliceD I still have not found the pocket watch I lost when I was 12.

I was thinking the same thing when I drafted the post, which reminds of the time I broke my first pair of glasses.

Good to have your input; it's been ages since I've seen you last ;)

Only if a fight ensues.

@2746792

Thanks for adding your perspective... nice of you to take the time ;)

Offtop, including glorious SPAM, doesn’t bother me. Though you will get Cossack hospitality if you’re a spammer, just sayin’.

@Masha Offtop, including glorious SPAM, doesn’t bother me. Though you will get Cossack hospitality if you’re a...

I promise to be a good boy - I know the Cossacks can be deadly ;)

Good to see you, Masha... you lend a beautiful atmosphere whenever you grace me with your presence ;)

Thank you for your comment, by the way :D

@PartyOfOne I promise to be a good boy - I know the Cossacks can be deadly ;) Good to see you, Masha... you lend a beautiful...

I was deadlier on SodaHead than I am now!hehe smilie The spammers, many of whom were also scammers, usually struck at night; I’d alert any new or unsuspecting members with the good ol’ can, then report.
The socks made me laugh. I’d often alert sitegoers this way:
Aaaaaand the trolls:
Other villains got a red flag. KO’d a stalker posing as a Marine with one. He called me “the red-flag witch” for driving out the nasties (it’s what Cossacks do). Oh, and I took that as a compliment — I am a natural witch and work with crystals, prayers, and the elements to heal myself and others. Glinda’s real, peeps. She wrote this loooong post.

@Masha I was deadlier on SodaHead than I am now! The spammers, many of whom were also scammers, usually struck at...

You're a woman to be feared and admired, Masha - not to be toyed with except in the sanctity of you boudoir; to my death you have my admiration ;)

Just being off-topic is really not an issue for me.
Plus, I usually enjoy reading through a long chain of funny comments.

@primeiro Just being off-topic is really not an issue for me. Plus, I usually enjoy reading through a long chain of funny...

You're of the same mind as most have been on the issue :) As long as my posts have at least some of the feedback I'm looking for, I'm fine with off-post dialog - it's when that's all there is is off-post comments that it might bug me ;)

Thanks for your point of view on the issue, Paulo :D

@PartyOfOne You're of the same mind as most have been on the issue :) As long as my posts have at least some of the feedback...

I can relate to that - it can be a bit disappointing when I'm actually looking for specific feedback but don't receive it. That can happen if my question is too vague.

No problem; my pleasure. :D

It gets rude when the same people are always doing it...never mind boring.

And people who ALWAYS like to have fun and joke...sometimes it feels like they aren't taking posts seriously.

Key word: ALWAYS...

WHAT!! I've glanced at some others' comments... Can't believe it...they are ALL...never mind...

@Sukiesnow It gets rude when the same people are always doing it...never mind boring. And people who ALWAYS like to have fun...

"...others' comments ... they are ALL... never mind" ?? LOL - WHAT?? What're they doing? Tapping into my underwear drawer? Tell me!!!

@Sukiesnow What's in your underwear drawer...describe...

T-shirts and briefs - extremely exciting stuff :D

So, back to "Can't believe it...they are ALL...never mind..." What didn't you want to divulge that seemed to shock you? :)

@PartyOfOne T-shirts and briefs - extremely exciting stuff :D So, back to "Can't believe it...they are ALL...never mind..."...

I'll say, lamely...they are misguided...but I had stronger words at hand which I wisely (?) omitted.

No red bikini Calvins?

@Sukiesnow I'll say, lamely...they are misguided...but I had stronger words at hand which I wisely (?) omitted. No red bikini...

Lol... no, no secret stash of anything exciting :P Next time you're down this way we'll take a trip to the mall so you can help outfit me with something sexy, lol.

@PartyOfOne Aww... that's a deal

Are you sure your skills haven't gotten rusty?

@Sukiesnow Are you sure your skills haven't gotten rusty?

Wow, K... wow... that's sort of like asking a woman if I'll see stretch marks on her when she strips down - ouch un smilie

@PartyOfOne Wow, K... wow... that's sort of like asking a woman if I'll see stretch marks on her when she strips down - ouch

LOL...my first LOL today...

Just checking...since you've been on the pulpit a bit once in awhile and wondering if you were getting enough sex.

Nah, this can happen and does in normal conversations anyways. I like seeing the flow.

@Vrendowl Nah, this can happen and does in normal conversations anyways. I like seeing the flow.

Good that you can see it that way... fair-minded, to be sure :)

Thanks for posting your view ;)