Have you come to terms with your own mortality?

I absolutely have not. Death is this black hole of a beast who I try to not think about...but I know She's there lurking.... I can't bear the thought of losing my wife or having her lose me. If I didn't have her, I think I would be much further along in terms of being okay with dying someday. I have to perish the thought every single time it arises, though, which is more frequently than I want. Fuck that looming spectre, honestly. (This isn't an invitation for a lecture, btw. Just sharing openly.)

79% Yes 13% No 8% Other
astral_queens avatar Life
11 22
@2747486

Same here. Just like before I was born.

@2747500

Nothing we can do about it, can we?

Yes I have. It's gonna happen someday, just hope not soon.

I'm fine with it, I can't control it, so I don't worry about it too much.

I'm gonna die. I've accepted it. I'm not happy about it at all, but there's really nothing I can do to stop it. I'll enjoy my life while I can, and when I'm dead, I'll be dead so I doubt I'll be able to care.

Pretty much, but there are some things I haven't taken care of yet, and I really need to go ahead and do that soon.

Yup. Bags are packed, ready to go.

No one ever really does...despite what they say. It's not until the last moments - if you're lucky to have them - that you can finally make peace.

Putting one's affairs in order does not mean you are necessarily ready...that just means you're organized.

I believe so. In fact, sometimes I wish it would happen sooner rather than later.

Yeah I have come to terms with death (cus no one can stop it)... but I haven't come to terms with all the pain between now and then tongue smilie

@2747677

this honestly just looks like a lot of nonsense and doesn't answer the question so....????????? the fuck? what was the point of posting a bunch of random things that aren't connected and dont even answer the question. did you comment on the wrong post??

@2748100

that sounds like a lot to deal with and go through. i hope things work out for the best for you.

Can't do anything about it and I won't have any more bills to pay..