+11

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Good lady you will be missed. Thank you for being a true American icon.

Barbara Bush, the matriarch of a Republican political dynasty and a first lady who elevated the cause of literacy, died Tuesday, according to a statement from her husband's office. She was 92.

Image for post Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.  Good lady you will be missed.  Thank you for being a true American icon.
VicZincs avatar Countries & Places
12 12

She was a truly great First Lady and a true patriotic. Rest in peace, Barbara!

@2747678

ELEANOR CLIFT WROTE:

In the White House, she was no Nancy Reagan, meddling in personnel, but she was feared for her well-placed zingers.

When asked what she thought of Geraldine Ferraro after the Democratic vice-presidential nominee debated her husband in the ’84 campaign, Bush famously said, “It rhymes with rich.” She later apologized.

Asked about Sarah Palin in a 2010 interview, Bush said, “I sat next to her once, thought she was beautiful, and I think she’s very happy in Alaska, and I hope she’ll stay.” It was vintage Bush, the perfect putdown.

I'm glad her family was with her, I didn't agree with their politics, but she was a strong, independent, wonderful woman who really loved her family.
Barbara Bush - A life well lived. RIP

Rest in peace, sweet lady. You've been a wonderful example of class and patriotism.

I just heard a little while ago, and I'm glad her wishes were respected.

Poor old thing, It is so sad when anyone is aging to death but to have hourly news reports is even worse. I don't know what is her illness Seems she has taken control of her situation. People I know usually die fast so no lingering no plans to be made.

There was much to admire. RIP.

She was a strong ,loving,caring woman.A good example for us all.
May she rest in Peace.

Anonymous