What's the vegetation like in your area?

There's a lot of juniper and sagebrush where I live. Also there are actual tumbleweeds!! I'm not used to them yet... every time i see one i'm like shit we live out west!!! lmao

Image for post What's the vegetation like in your area?
astral_queens avatar Animals & Nature
9 51

We have quite a few pine trees in my neighborhood. Altadena is at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains and the Angeles National Forest.

@JanHaskell We have quite a few pine trees in my neighborhood. Altadena is at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains and the...

conifers are my very favorite type of tree, Jan!!!! (hi im Andrea but you can call me Dre! nice to meet you!!!) i looked at pics of the san gabriel mountains and angeles national forest just now....absolutely gorgeous. i'm definitely gonna have to go there in the near future. <3

@2748560

wow! that sounds and looks beautiful! so nice that things are green for you (and slowly becoming greener for me too!!) are there blackberries actually on those vines? are they wild? do you pick them and take them home? are they at your home? should i ask 87 more questions?

Lush when it's not winter. The Finger Lakes area of NYS is beautiful.

@JerryHendrickson Lush when it's not winter. The Finger Lakes area of NYS is beautiful.

i just googled (cuz i'd never even heard of the finger lakes!! never been quite that far northeast) and WOW!!! so beautiful. i'll have to put that on my mental list of places to visit. thank you for sharing about that area.

@2748728

In the summer, you can live on the lakes with a small boat.

@2748602

ahhh!!!!! that looks too cold right now :(

In general Bulgaria is a very green place, 35% of it alone is just forests.

Well...right now...only the pine and cedar are green. It looks much like the first photo from will. But...soon the maple, oak, poplar, ash, etc,.will be budding. In the late spring, my world explodes into lush greenness. Probably why green is my favorite color. Im surrounded by forests, rivers, streams and lakes. I truly despise the winters here...long and cold. But...cant beat summer. Not even with a stick:)

@Carla Well...right now...only the pine and cedar are green. It looks much like the first photo from will. But...soon the...

that sounds so gorgeous and lush, carla!!! im jealous. i have no idea what the summer will be like here... im hoping for green but everything is so brown right now that my hopes are low. fingers crossed tho!! it makes sense why green is your favourite colour. so much life.

@2748576

thats a really pretty view!! i bet those shrubbiez are cute when theyre green!! do you also have a city skyline view??? it feels like its been ages since ive seen an actual city lmao

@2748569

oh my corn... i would be collecting so many berries and making so much jam and cobbler.....

Living in the Midwest, we have just about everything. Lots of farm fields, beautiful lakes, but no flowering bushes in the wintertime.

My husband would say....WEEDS. LOL

@astral_queen i love a nice lake!!!! hahaha sounds like something my dad would say!

lol Men they do think alike don't they? lol

We even have dunes in Northern Indiana, I have woods behind my home, lots of trees back there, and lots of deer, wild turkeys, squirrels, etc. And the foliage in the Fall is something to behold, it's just amazing. That's why I love my state so much.

@StarzAbove lol Men they do think alike don't they? lol We even have dunes in Northern Indiana, I have woods behind my...

DUNES!!!!!!!!! have you been to the ones near you? i cant believe they're in indiana. do yall have like dune riding and sledding? i think they do here. im stoooooked to go.

in east TN the fall foliage was so gorgeous too... i missed it when i was in CO this autumn. not quite as astounding as the smoky mountains covered in yellow and orange and red.

@astral_queen DUNES!!!!!!!!! have you been to the ones near you? i cant believe they're in indiana. do yall have like dune riding...

Yes, I have been to the Dunes in Indiana. But just one time, it's too far from my home. Image in content

I agree, TN has beautiful foliage as well.

@2748608

i would kill to be that close to the ocean again. do you go a lot??
and those mountains.... still SO majestic imo <3

@2748821

im just... so happy for you and absolutely seeeething with jealousy hehe smilie

@2748631

wow!! it looks like a really cute area. is that a little free library right there too? i love those

@2748739

maybe the pretty red bench and LFL made it look nicer than it is? it just looks like a place i'd enjoy taking a walkabout.

i cant believe the glue melted!!! it would have frustrated me. i like the cabinet! so sturdy. and the red theme is nice.

Erm.... It's made outta concrete. hehe smilie
乂^◡^乂

@astral_queen oh no... the concrete jungle~~

Hehe, yeah to be honest straight outta the town I live in it's usually all just barren moorland. biggrin smilie

@Ada Hehe, yeah to be honest straight outta the town I live in it's usually all just barren moorland...

i used to have a moor OBSESSION!!! im calm about it now lmao but they are so beautiful and creepy and i like it so much

Well, according to the video, it was still quite alright back in 1999:

Another take on the subject:

I live in Connecticut. It's a mountainous forest with some towns sprinkled over it.