+15

While humour is always a good thing...funny posts invite jokey responses and serious posts require more thought.

There is room for all kinds of posts...But if you feel Iike always making jokes or always being serious...this is probably not the right site for you...or you drop in from time to time. But why limit yourself to exploring only one facet of your personality...?

Image for post While humour is always a good thing...funny posts invite jokey responses and serious posts require more thought.
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
8 32
@2749761

You are funny a lot yet you seem to be serious, too.

And yes...too much of any type of post can get boring.

@2749785

You might not be like that in RL but you have a gift for writing that way...

@2749761

My humor never falls flat, I am a very funny motherfucker though.

@2749747

Who doesn't?

When you post serious or semi-seriously...which type of response do you generally expect?

@2749788

I agree. Sometimes a funny personal story really illustrates the subject...you are good with personal stories...but I notice some peeps are never forthcoming.

If that sound a bit like a judgment...perhaps it is...but I do love it when people express themselves that way.

@2749754

Hey I'd never want to stop you from doing what you want...It's only online after all...and everyone should be happy on here.

If someone makes a serious post they do so with the intent of being taken seriously...you look forward to what people have to say...and you notice there are almost 30 comments! Wow. Then, when you check...you find only 2 made an attempt to answer the question.

What was the point of me bothering to post?

@2749775

This is where I get confused. You go from saying you want to joke around ALL the time...to saying that yes...you do have a serious edge.

All this post is trying to do is raise people's awareness...trying to keep some balance...

While I do have thoughts about it...I was never "upset"...but people's personality quirks are just more noticeable now with Amirite being so small.

@2749787

Don't you know...I have a mad crush on you. It's that love/hate thing that works so well in bed.

So...right now we could use political posts...it's just too bad that Americans aren't at all interested in Canadian politics.

@2749795

It is really appreciated when someone pays attention to our politics... I wonder if Americans feel that way about us...it's possible they take it for granted...

I try to post a variety of questions. And I appreciate everyone who replies whether I agree with them or not. I always acknowledge their comments in some way. I also enjoy posting funny jokes as well. I love the birthday posts too. I can be serious when it is called for and I can be carefree and funny when the situation arises.

@StarzAbove I try to post a variety of questions. And I appreciate everyone who replies whether I agree with them or not. I...

You do! It's nice that with Amirite being small with many people missing - it's given others an opportunity to express themselves - and get comfy. On SodaHead it took me almost until it closed to get relaxed.

@Sukiesnow You do! It's nice that with Amirite being small with many people missing - it's given others an opportunity to...

Thanks! I felt at home on Sodahead, I had a lot of really good friends who always had my back. But of course, there were enemies too.

@2749763

Yes...the key is no stupid silly ?? posts?

Sometimes it's just easier to skip some questions.

If I feel the poster has a stick in their butt about wanting to get specific types of answers.

Usually, I answer questions as seriously as I feel at the time, but, sometimes I don't. Never the less, if I answer something seriously I look back at it and think what a joke it was. My jokes can be serious, seriously funny, and, my seriously posted comments are taken as jokes. The less often I make a conscious effort to preordain whether my comments are serious or a joke, I find that they either end up a) being serious or b) being a joke. I am never entirely sure which is which, and, I suppose, neither is anyone else.

High brow humor and dark humor, riddles.. They can require just as much thought as something deemed serious. Something can be seriously funny, no? I could just as easily post a ridiculous response to a serious post as I could a insightful comment on a funny post. Jokes that have a play on words require a good amount of thought, which may be more or less than a post that is serious with definitive stand points in which most tend to just pick a side and share their opinion.