-15

You can never be true friends with someone you haven't fought with...

You can rarely be comfortable with someone unless you learn how to fight with each other...and then come back with "of course we're fine. We're always fine. That is the basis of friendship...where you can always be yourself and say whatever the hell you want. The fact that we can argue and fight and still be friends..." Why should fighting lead to hatred? It should lead to love.

Image for post You can never be true friends with someone you haven't fought with...
Sukiesnows avatar Animals & Nature
6 43
@2750191

Couldn't they be in a way...sometimes the same thing?

@2750220

Like you say....how to say it? - whether to say "arguments" or "fighting" or "disagreements"...ha...

It was difficult deciding. They are all differently negative. But I really didn't want another discussion with everyone giving me their perfect opinion of "arguments"...and knowing that people might see "fighting" as a bit too aggressive...as you are saying...it's possible that "disagreements" might run the same risks as "arguments"... Thank you for that point.

Is there ever a perfect word...yet tho we try...well not you anymore unless your doing it in secret. Apparently a lot of people are doing things in secret these days...

There is a series I'm watching The Girlfriend Experience...have you ever seen it? If so...what was your opinion...

@2750251

Can't wait.

You calling people trash?

@2750391

So? I don't know what I'm supposed to say about that... That Ser is great at being diplomatic?

I was only teasing you about the "trash" but really...i imagine your language is more careful at work. Still...one day you might slip up...2 personalities can be hard to keep up...

@2750391

Oh BS, you made a post about falling out with her.

@2750456

Nope it was you, you were pissed at her for something which shocked the shit out of us.

YOU are the one who brought her name in on this site.
I am just clearing the record.

@2750463

Convenient memory loss, happens all the time.

First you made a big stink of your anger towards her by posting about it and then turned around and begged for the thread to be taken down, Now, you are denying it altogether.

@2750472

Informed by who, Serenity? LMAO!

No, MM, it was Serenity, which shocked the shit out of all of us.

When I agreed with one of your comments, you lashed out "Now everybody stop picking on Serenity!" And then you begged her to take the post down.

Have a good one.

I've had a few fights here with what I thought were great friends, only to find that the friendship no longer exists. At this point there is no reconciliation!

@StarzAbove I've had a few fights here with what I thought were great friends, only to find that the friendship no longer...

It takes two like-minded people...people who value each other's friendship. Only thing you can do is try.

It's easier in RL...often online people retreat and aren't open...there's only so much you can do...this is why I dislike the "don't give a shit" attitude.

One mistake people usually make is to 'forget' about the fight... Then they say "I've let it go...ha." If it isn't genuine it easily fosters resentment...and builds up present resentment. However if the other person won't work with you on this...there is nothing to do but learn what you can from it...and move on.

Damnit...I don't mean to fill up Just in with Sukie posts...but there it is...

@2750219

I think stubborn is the worst. Once you hit that brick wall in a person...you know you don't stand a chance.

@Sukiesnow It takes two like-minded people...people who value each other's friendship. Only thing you can do is try. It's...

Good advice Sukie, and one that I should take, but it's hard to forgive someone who trashes and threatens a person on line, goes on the attack for no reason, I won't forget what's happened, but I can and have moved on.

@StarzAbove Good advice Sukie, and one that I should take, but it's hard to forgive someone who trashes and threatens a person...

Forgiveness is a whole different question... It's not wrong to not forgive...and it would be worse to be a hypocrite about it.

I can honestly say I've never had a fight/disagreement with any of my real life friends, they are the best. They are a mature bunch of really great friends who will always be there for me, not like some fake friends who trash others on line.

I've fought with everyone of significance in my life and making up is how you know. Too much or too violent fighting isn't good either and I tend to avoid people who have a habit of fighting with me.

@JerryHendrickson I've fought with everyone of significance in my life and making up is how you know. Too much or too violent...

It sounds like you've let more peace in your life... You thought it...noticed something missing...and manifested. Bravo!.

@2750493

Sounds sucky huh? My stab at being positive...ha.

I have been true friends with some people that I didn't fight with for YEARS... of course it made our first fight all the more weirder, but it all worked out smile smilie

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Disagree 0Reply

Differences of opinion yes, fights no.

Mashas avatar Masha Disagree 0Reply

If we've shared our true feelings with one another with some sensitivity, the friendship should survive well enough.

I never fight with Dally

Where's the passion, lesson or growth and truth with someone you can not have opposing views once in a while? There are plenty of ways to fight with someone without getting physical.