+4

There are people online who 'don't give a shit' about what goes down... Why then are you here?

BTW 'not giving a shit' says a lot about you. Like wtf...have you given up? Are you here to enjoy yourself at others' expense? Meanwhile the rest of us have to drag around you and your shitty attitude... It makes a mockery of what people around here are always saying...Be your best self...always be honest...whatever you do give it your all...etc.

Image for post There are people online who 'don't give a shit' about what goes down... //Why then are you here?//
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
5 30
@2750189

Funny pic. Looks like his attitude backfired...ha.

@2750193

I wrote to Jim that perhaps the word might be wrong. There are probably few people who really feel a true "don't give a shit"...and it could be like French where we need several variances on the phrasing to define distinct meanings... You get me..? Blah blah...ha ha..

There are a lot of things I don't give a shit about, like who has the best football team on the East coast or a restaurant that doesn't want to serve bacon. I don't give a shit about what illegals demand, in my country. I don't give a shit about rapists and murders who think the laws shouldn't apply to them.
Meanwhile, there are a lot of things I do give a shit about. I give a shit about the Broncos having a good team. I give a shit for a restaurant having the right to choose on whether on not they want to serve bacon. I give a shit about the victims of rape, and the families of murder victims getting justice.

When it comes to politics, maybe it's your perspective, because of a difference in political ideology Sukie. Is there anything you like about Trump, or won't disagree with him on?

@JustJimColo There are a lot of things I don't give a shit about, like who has the best football team on the East coast or a...

Sad story...there is a hockey team in a small town near here...Humbolt...the Humbolt Broncos. This month...one Friday night off to a Game...a tractor-trailer swiped their bus: 16 dead.

Seriously? I don't know what "give a shit" means...how do you measure caring? It's not possible to care about everything in the world...so is perhaps "not giving a shit" the wrong wording?

I'd go out with him...have a coffee. And have fun finding out.

@Sukiesnow Sad story...there is a hockey team in a small town near here...Humbolt...the Humbolt Broncos. This month...one...

I read about the bus. That was so sad.

It's not really so much that people don't care, but they/we have burned so many times by being compassionate and taken advantage of, that they/we are to the point that we really don't care anymore. It's time we start caring about our own people first. When the US has had hard times or disasters, who has helped us out?

@JustJimColo I read about the bus. That was so sad. It's not really so much that people don't care, but they/we have burned so...

Later...I looked at the roads/intersection...lonely country road...how the hell? It was never meant to be...it's a really rotten quirk of karma.

I don't know if we should really even ever care. Maybe only closely. Possibly become like Buddha and radiate love...to everyone and thing that comes your way. That would take care of it. Good idea, actually. Pun not done purposely.,

After 911 all countries tried to help...remember that cute story where this plane had to land in Gander, Nfld.... It's an honour and privilege to be able to help other countries...generally most people don't want to be in a helpless situation.

To be fair...my dislike of Trump goes back to when he was with Ivana... I read all about him and dislike the way he conducted his affairs...why should I stop now...? He hasn't stopped.

It's possible it is one of the reasons I don't trust Trump. I get the suspicion he's sometimes saying "I don't give a shit" inside. Who wants a leader like that.

'Why am I here'? I've been asking myself that for as long as I remember.

I don't give a shit about things that I can't change (they're out of my control) and other people don't care to change about themselves. I won't be "drug around" by it. lol

It's a futile endeavor and a waste of valuable brain space. The bad assumptions, bad behaviors or otherwise false things people indulge hurt them more than me, why would I give a shit? They don't?

Other things appear out of one's control but are within it, I care about those things. Like who claims to speak for me, whether or not people spew baseless bullshit in my presence. We can counter those things, but we can't change them.

Generally, I'll invest about as much care or respect in someone as they'll invest in themselves. If someone doesn't have enough self-respect to behave as a competent, fully matured adult, I'm certainly not going to treat them like one. No one benefits from that... I won't lose sleep over it either, they'll confront enough problems in their life with that posture, I don't have to waste my time worrying it about. But that's just me...

@ForkNdaRoad I don't give a shit about things that I can't change (they're out of my control) and other people don't care to...

Don't you think that "loyalty" is a misguided virtue? It frustrates me when people tell me they are loyal to something that doesn't give a damn back...they need a dose of not giving a shit.

@Sukiesnow Don't you think that "loyalty" is a misguided virtue? It frustrates me when people tell me they are loyal to...

Loyalty is only demanded by people who know they can't maintain healthy relationships given their toxic behavior.

Instead, they expect you to coddle their every bad decision 'just cuz.' True loyalty to a friend is telling them what they'd rather not hear but needs aired. jmo

@Sukiesnow Yep! What about loyalty to ones country...

All the same dynamics are afoot there, too. It's an inherently deceptive concept.

@ForkNdaRoad All the same dynamics are afoot there, too. It's an inherently deceptive concept.

You are right...but try and tell that to people who would die for their country.

Still...loyalty (and honour?) is what brings men to war...if men didn't go to war...how would we fare?

@Sukiesnow You are right...but try and tell that to people who would die for their country. Still...loyalty (and...

What brings men to war is desperation... Don't get it twisted.

If men didn't go to war people would have to solve their own fucking problems, that's what. And that's a pitch perfect assessment from the finest soldier I ever knew.

@ForkNdaRoad What brings men to war is desperation... Don't get it twisted. If men didn't go to war people would have to...

I forgot about love. It is also love for one's country which causes people to sign up for the Army. That...probably some loyalty... And well it's a job (desperation).

Yes...war is too easy - a bad long-term solution.

Now...generalizing...we all can cut our own country up...but when someone from another country starts in on ours...the reaction becomes mostly defensive. Now...is that out of love or loyalty?

I hear that a lot on this site, I just laugh at it. lol

@2750319

Pshaaawww! I think sodahead has been very afraid since us.

It's noteworthy the site shut down not even a month after DeBryce admitted to me and 3 others that the site was defrauding their advertisers.

When it alls washes out, wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that the nonsense at Digg.com, Sodahead and other long defunct social sites was part of an elaborate con to harvest socks on fb like those used in the last election.

Just spitballin...

@2750319

Special!

You were a bit like that once but you're terrific now. I don't mean the pic...ha.

To understand others point of view and opinions whilst having an outlet to share mine.