+13

If you get passed on the interstate by a Prius just know that is the football equivalent of getting tackled by the waterboy🙄

If ya own one...then ya should read this post😘

Image for post If you get passed on the interstate by a Prius just know that is the football equivalent of getting tackled by the waterboy🙄
Lil_Princesss avatar
7 15
@2751801

Sometimes I can't help myself hehe smilie

@2751788

hehe smilie

A couple of years ago, I was on a trip with a friend for his wedding. We got passed by one...all I could do was stare at him and say "did that just fuckin happen ono smilie

Well, if a Prius beats you at a stop light, you should probably get your car looked at. But to be fair, pretty much every car is capable of going faster than the speed limit, and I don't take it personally if someone wants to drive faster than me.

I remember driving through Alberta on the first day of a holiday weekend one summer. The speed limit was 110 kmh, I was doing 130, 140, and I was getting passed by everything, like, pickup trucks with boats behind them and motorhomes and sh*t.

@2752691

I just kind of marveled at it. I remember thinking "how fast do I have to go not to be passed here?" The answer was probably about 160, 180, somewhere in there. I didn't feel like making my car work its butt off all day though, so I just picked a speed it seemed to like and resigned myself to the fact I'd be passed a lot, confident in the knowledge that even though I was going well over the legal limit, the odds of getting nailed for it were virtually nil.

@2752707

That reminds me of driving on the Coquihalla highway out of Meritt BC, headed to Penticton. It's like, imagine driving up a hill at freeway speeds for a solid hour. Here and there you see a vehicle stalled at the side of the road. My car hadn't missed a beat until then, but when I finally crested the hill it started misfiring for a while until it cooled down, I think my EGR valve got stuck open from being so hot.

I just borrowed my son's Prius for the weekend to see what it was like. Took a 1400 mile trip to Utah and back. It took 28 gallons of gas. ($74) If I'd taken my Durango, it would have been 87 gallons of gas ($231) I'm not laughing at him anymore. No problem with power going through the Rocky Mountains and I set the cruise control at 75.

If I get passed by a Prius.

I'm either completely broke down or only firing on one cylinder..

True, but you gotta remember that some of those waterboys are pretty good tacklers Image in content