After watching Worst Cooks in America...I am curious...what has been your worst kitchen disaster(s)?

I know I ain't the only one that has ever set something on fire, blew something up, or burned myself😘

Image for post After watching Worst Cooks in America...I am curious...what has been your worst kitchen disaster(s)?
5% LP, I ain't allowed in the kitchen 5% I am perfect I don't make disasters 14% I can't say...well one time I did this.... 38% I have a few... 38% Other
Lil_Princesss avatar Food & Drink
12 52
@2752866

Seems a little bit done hehe smilie

@2752868

I do that with pizza. Check it...still frozen, go back 5 minutes later and it looks like your turkey hehe smilie

@2752871

Ouch.

I grabbed the wrong spatula once and was trying the drain the grease of the burgers I was making when I flipped the entire pan over on my hands and arms.

Thankfully I saved myself by running outside and sticking them in the 3 feet of snow we had. I got burnt pretty bad but it could have been worse.

@2752876

Yes, it was. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

@2752888

A few years ago...I blew up my grill ono smilie before that I set my tree on fire using the grill ono smilie

hehe smilie I hear it is large box for buring oneself

@2752893

That is exactly like I used to be when operating a grill hehe smilie

Don't even get me started on EasyBake Ovens ono smilie

@2752896

I have blown up 3 so far redface smiliemaniac smilie

@Lil_Princess That is exactly like I used to be when operating a grill Don't even get me started on EasyBake Ovens

easy bake oven. I had one and once the little cakes got used up I tried mixtures of my own. Found a bag of old spices in the barn and mixed that up. gross smells I still think of when I hear easy bake ovenpuke smilie

@Lil_Princess A few years ago...I blew up my grill before that I set my tree on fire using the grill I hear...

Princess I am so afraid of grills we had one that wouldn't auto light so needed to turn on the gas then put in a match. usually my husband was there to help, one day I wanted to cook when he wasn't at home I was too slow with the match and the gas kinda blew up burning the end off all my hairs. I had hairspray and didn't even know until I heard it snapping lucky I was able to pat it out with my hands.

Well...this year, while boiling sap, i left a canning pot on too long. Kind of forgot how close it was to finishing. It boiled over and then cooked down to pure sugar. Caught fire in the pan, ruined it. Made a huge mess of my stove. House was filled with smoke.
Note to self...dont go outside when cooking....anything:[

@Carla Well...this year, while boiling sap, i left a canning pot on too long. Kind of forgot how close it was to...

I learned that very same lesson once sad smilie

My brother learned not to go to sleep while cooking steak ono smilie

Carla you are supposed to boil the sap outside , otherwise the sweetness sticks to your windows, ceiling everything. So make your own syrup on the bbq grill.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Carla you are supposed to boil the sap outside , otherwise the sweetness sticks to your windows, ceiling...

I have a powerful hood fan. And i wipe everything down. I dont make that much. Got 2-1/2 gallons this year.

@2752987

Oh trust me I have had a disaster with those too hehe smilie

I put a chicken in my pressure cooker. I think I cooked it too long because when I opened the lid, there was a collapsed skeleton surrounded by a pile of mush.

I should write a motivational article about the stupid stuff that I sometimes do. It would make the readers feel smarter. :P

Anyway, to answer your question - once, while making coffee, I've poured boiling water directly in one of my hands. >.<

primeiros avatar primeiro I have a few... +4Reply

I was conceived on a kitchen table. That's why I'm such a mess.

Also, I can boil water to the point, where it sticks to the walls.

I opened the oven to check on the Easter ham when it fell out of the oven and slid across the kitchen in front of my guests. One of them asked if McDonalds was open on Easter.sry smilie

I decided to make some spaghetti but forgot about them when I found some cat videos, I didn't care about the food but the pot took a lot of scrubbing.

I can't recall anything recently but I know I've burned things from being distracted by something else..

I once grabbed a pan from the oven, to instantly realize It was my bare hand.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon I have a few... 0Reply

I practiced many times making carrot cake. I finally decided to try it with applesause rather than oil. Many people say that works wonderfully. Well I made this cake for thanksgiving, it was so hard and dry that we didn't want to eat it, even the wonderful cream cheese frosting couldn't make it better. I finally threw it out in the back yard expecting birds or squirrels to eat it. Nothing ate it ever. Oh well I don't make carrot cake any more.

wait... why where you watching me xp smilie JK JK xp smilie

I have had a few brunt items on my kitchen disaster(s) ... Image in content

Zolfies avatar Zolfie I have a few... 0Reply

Not mine ... but I was there when my friend dumped a bag of frozen french fries in a hot oil fryer. The ice instantly caused the oil to "explode" and start a fire on the underside of the cabinets. To make matters worse, my friend tried to throw water on the fire - which, naturally, landed in the oil causing another "explosion".