ForkNdaRoads avatar
11 90
@2753038

Have you seen the one from last year? I thought it was waaaay better! If you don't watch the whole thing, skip to 17:00 and watch the end at least. In the same vein as your comment, this guy killed!

@2753241

I really don't see how he could attend or why he'd want to.

@2753488

He's one of the writers for the daily show and he's frickin incredible. lol If you've never followed him, you should check him out, he really is a riot.

@2753063

Liberals are not our friends.

Yep, she sure did go all the way there. Maybe a little too much so a few times, like with Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Even though she didn't actually demean her looks, as Ms Huckabee Sander's boss so often does about others. Even though Trump has often called the media the enemy of the American people, except for the "media" currently in his favor.

@Piper2 Yep, she sure did go all the way there. Maybe a little too much so a few times, like with Sarah Huckabee...

Her opening was hysterical, the longer it drug on, the cringier it became. She certainly made them squirm and to be honest, they deserve it. lol

I think the fella from last year was better on the value of the humor alone.

@ForkNdaRoad Her opening was hysterical, the longer it drug on, the cringier it became. She certainly made them squirm and to be...

I thought several things she said were cringy, whether the targets deserve it or not. The stuff she said about Ivanka, for instance.
I do know that crossing "a line" is common in venues like this one, but I didn't think some things she said were humorous.

@Piper2 I thought several things she said were cringy, whether the targets deserve it or not. The stuff she said...

Agreed and I suspect that was result some were aiming for whether they'd like to admit it or not.

In the same way she called out the media for their hate / love of Trump and the money they've made off of him, you know?

@ForkNdaRoad Agreed and I suspect that was result some were aiming for whether they'd like to admit it or not. In the same way...

Yes, she called out many people in her forum there. Much of what the MEDIA talks about, is what our current president has actually said publicly, tweeted, or done...I'm not sure the intense criticism and contempt of them displayed by many is just.

I do think that almost ALL "media" convey some of their own feelings in there, even the most objective .

@Piper2 Yes, she called out many people in her forum there. Much of what the MEDIA talks about, is what our current...

Oh I think the contempt is undoubtedly just.

And I grant that they have a right to their own opinions, although they should be able to suspend them to report on the facts, it is possible.

But the television media, all of them, do hit pieces. All of them will take a soundbite and use it to kill an idea. I've watched it with my own two eyes. All of them will assassinate the character of a good person should they become inconvenient.

They serve a purpose, but after watching what they did to Ron Paul, I'll never forget the power they wield nor their inclination to use it to crush a perceived threat.

Opinions I can deal with, abuse of power is a whole other thing. They've abused their power and this is why there's such widespread distrust of them. And believe me, none of them are without blame. Not one.

@2753079

I totally grant your points, all of them. Although I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person I who actually watches CSPAN.

I want to know who selected her, seriously, I'm dying to know who decided that she should be the host.

It has also occurred to me that this event often results this way, but there's usually the expectation that the host doesn't actually believe the jokes they're telling are true. With this one, it was hard to tell.

@2753042

No. Since the person in question here didn't actually "demean" Sarah Huckabee Sander's looks, as I did mention in my reply to this post...I'm not sure where you came to all those conclusions.

@2753062

To be fair, Sanders has made it her prerogative to judge the others, namely the appearance and demeanor of Nancy Pelosi.

On CNN:
"I think Nancy Pelosi looks like that all the time. I think she should smile a lot more often, I think the country would be better for it. She seems to embody the bitterness that belongs in the democrat party right now."
-Sarah Sanders

Not to butt in or anything, but it is worth mentioning that she's not innocent, she's taken plenty of shots at others including their appearances.

@2753071

Of course not.

And no one benefits when our elected, or unelected officials take it there.

I expect as much from Wolfe, she's a comedian and known to be a crass one.

Can only speak for me, but I think the higher the office, the more important it is to choose one's words wisely. But that's just my opinion.

@2753075

For what it's worth, I thought quite a few of her remarks were in poor taste and I know Piper agrees.

@2753084

I teach my kid it isn't okay, that's what I was taught. But admittedly, I fail at it... A lot ;)

@2753062

I think you maybe should read what I wrote again, and reconsider that whole rant. I do fall prey to that "fair play" thought now and then...that justification to respond in kind feeling. So far, I've almost always resisted the brief urge of it.

I would appreciate it, if you'd take up your personal 'problems' with me off this public forum, in the future.

It's a 'roast', guys, get over it.

@dru18 It's a 'roast', guys, get over it.

It was pretty raunchy given the venue, but I guess that's what they wanted.

She wasn't that far removed from a Trump rally, the main difference being she lacked the cheering audience he would have undoubtedly enjoyed were it him.

I wish they had selected someone else and mostly because her routine allows them to play the victim, which they aren't.

Vile and funny are two different things.You think what she said about abortion was funny or sick?

Hahahahahaha xD I love Michelle :D

Now seriously, I was waiting for a complete disaster for what the mainstream media and some people here are saying. This is why I prefer checking something no matter what people say of it. I loved it xD

@Sofia Hahahahahaha xD I love Michelle :D Now seriously, I was waiting for a complete disaster for what the mainstream...

I don't think she was the right comedian for the event, but I have no problem with her personally. She's hysterical, just not the type of comedian you invite to the correspondents dinner. imo

Not only did she show more guts than anyone else in the room She nailed it.
I laughed my ass off.
Meanwhile, all the bad mouthing from the falsely acting indignant is a crack up.

@urwutuis Not only did she show more guts than anyone else in the room She nailed it. I laughed my ass off. Meanwhile, all...

Her criticism of the media was especially spot on and in truth she did for under thirty minutes what people in that room have done for much of their careers.

@urwutuis The CNN breaking news joke was a peach. So simple, so true.

Exactly, there was a lot of truth to what she said, however distasteful. That's why people are really mad and you know she was spot on by how angered people of all sides were!

@2752974

Right? It isn't as if no one knows her, she's been on the daily show. I can't help but wonder if they picked the single most crass person they could find simply so they could be held up as representative of all Trump opponents.

For someone who talks as much smack as he does, he very much enjoys playing the victim as well.

hahaha I had never heard of this comedian before. Some of her jokes weren't funny to me, but she nailed it when she joked about Trump and Sara. Trump and Sara are always making snide comments about other people and their looks, (Rosie O'Donnell, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Walters, just to name a couple) but they get their panties in a knot when they are the recipient of those jokes. lol

Trump can dish it out and bully others, but can't take it when the truth is told about him.

This gal nailed it. Bravo!!!!!!!

@ForkNdaRoad She's crazy, but she's got guts... I'll give her that!

Yes she has. lol I'm laughing at the righties now so upset because this gal nailed it. Where was all the uproar when on that dinner a couple of years ago, the comedian used the "N" word when talking about President Obama. I guess it's different strokes for different people....you think? Obama never said one word about it. Obama had class, Trump is just a scared little bully.

@StarzAbove Yes she has. lol I'm laughing at the righties now so upset because this gal nailed it. Where was all the uproar...

I must have missed that one when it happened, or forgot about it, I guess.

I didn't see too many of the "liberal tears" we hear so much about though.

Unemployment is low.A lot of people are getting more in their pay checks.Blacks are doing better.he's protecting this country from illegals.He doesn't let everyone walk all over us like Obama did.If you don't admit to that.Then you are just a hater.Like all the Liberals.

@2753489

I wish they would all move to an Island,and give each other a headache.No more protesting,no more hate or lies.Ahh! Peace at Last.

@hootowl Unemployment is low.A lot of people are getting more in their pay checks.Blacks are doing better.he's protecting...

And what policy of Trump's, exactly, led us (specifically, blacks) to the current unemployment rate and wage increase you speak of.

And that's granting your remarks are factual, which I don't. But I'll hear you out, what policy of Trump's is responsible for that?

She went all the way there, didn't she...

Fat Sarah sure looked uncomfortable.

@2753041

My opinion, I think she is fat and ugly. You don't have to agree.

@Flrdsgns My opinion, I think she is fat and ugly. You don't have to agree.

You know dam well,she is not ugly.She's very attractive and acted like a lady.Do you Liberals ever look in the mirror at yourself? I see a lot of black souls.

@hootowl You know dam well,she is not ugly.She's very attractive and acted like a lady.Do you Liberals ever look in the...

Now you think you can tell me what I should think is attractive? Sorry, I just don't think she is in the least attractive, in fact I cringe every time I see her waddle up on stage. If you have a crush on Sarah, that's on you. Personally I think she is as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside. I don't like liars like her one bit.

@Flrdsgns Now you think you can tell me what I should think is attractive? Sorry, I just don't think she is in the least...

I never seen her waddle.Because I say she's attractive doesn't mean I have a crush on her.I'm not gay.She's a good person.You wouldn't know about that.You are just quick to judge.

@Flrdsgns A good person lies every day? Wow, your conservative family values are showing

I'm so glad my conservative values are showing.We are decent people.I don't preach hate or call people vile names.

@Flrdsgns Fat Sarah sure looked uncomfortable.

I guess you think your good looking???????????
She was a perfect LADY.

@hootowl I guess you think your good looking??????????? She was a perfect LADY.

I admit, fat Sarah sat there and took it, she did better than I would have thought. I still think she is fat, ugly, and a liar though.

There was nothing funny about her.Even her voice was irrating.

People talk about Trump making fun of people.He has been picked on while running for President.I don't know how he holds up from all this hate.This goes on day after day for over a year.Yet he has accomplished a lot.More then Obama did in 8 yrs.If any of you people think she was funny,you must be a Liberal or just as crude and ignorant as she was.I'm sure if it was said about you.You would go back at them and defend yourself.

@hootowl People talk about Trump making fun of people.He has been picked on while running for President.I don't know how he...

It's a harsh reality in life, you tend to get back what you put out into the world.

10 fold...

Most of his accomplishments thus far were undoing what others had done. I know a single dad with four boys who's paying more for his taxes and health care next year because of this admins policies.

Let's be realistic now, eventually the "more than any president in the history of the world" nonsense needs suspended so adults can have a truthful conversation about what's really important to us.

hehe smiliehehe smilie
I can't stop laughing...thank ya for posting

hehe smiliehehe smilie

@Lil_Princess I can't stop laughing...thank ya for posting

I think she may have honestly out-Trumped Trump!

@Lil_Princess I think so

My personal favorite:
"Mike Pence is what happens when Anderson Cooper isn't gay."

@ForkNdaRoad My personal favorite: "Mike Pence is what happens when Anderson Cooper isn't gay."

hehe smiliehehe smilie

If ya hadn't posted this, I would have never thought bout watching it

@Lil_Princess If ya hadn't posted this, I would have never thought bout watching it

Popped up in my news feed this am or I wouldn't have either.

@ForkNdaRoad Popped up in my news feed this am or I wouldn't have either.

I haven't watched one in a long time but this was by far the funniest

@Lil_Princess I haven't watched one in a long time but this was by far the funniest

I think the one from last year was better than this one in the quality of humor, wit and cleverness.

But she gave the admin what they wanted and made the press cringe, so the night was a success. lol

You know whats funny? Every time a LIBERAL opens their mouth,
all sewage flows out.

Never heard of her.

I can appreciate comedy, no matter who's on the recieving end, myself included.

I watched just to see if I would get a laugh...after a few minutes I didn't.

Oh well...Next.

@2753144

Okay...Now I know