+6

People today lack comprehension of 'majority rules'.

In days of yore apparently the losers still showed support of their Queen or King...they kept the dissent to themselves.

Image for post People today lack comprehension of 'majority rules'.
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 26

I think they comprehend the concept, but the younger generations are not used to not getting their way and their patience is extremely limited. JMHO

@Will_Janitor I think they comprehend the concept, but the younger generations are not used to not getting their way and their...

Has the definition of MR changed...while I was gone?

I thought "majority rules" meant you went into the game...knowing you might have to concede...and..oh yes. I see now why this might be a sensitive subject. Sorry...all...but on the other hand...it is an attitude that seems to have infected many factions...even if only for an illusion.

Different times now. We're no longer in Kansas

@Flrdsgns Different times now. We're no longer in Kansas

I was in Kansas once. Very flat from what I remember. ;)

@Will_Janitor I was in Kansas once. Very flat from what I remember. ;)

Probably good for cows. Cows don't do well on hilly country...:)

We know what majority rules mean, but it doesn't mean it's acceptable.

@ForkNdaRoad Law, self-government works too :)

Law based on the majority or the minority?

@Will_Janitor Law based on the majority or the minority?

Law that protects a minority, preferably. Fortunately, we already have it here in the U.S.

@2753469

I like 'loyal dissent'...huh...I guess it must be Early Christian influence...good words for it...not everyone has the same trained instincts.

YOU CANT TOUCH THE FRIGGIN QUEEN OF ENGLAND! IT"S FORBIDDEN! Is what someone should tell the Canadian PM

This sounds like an idea pulled from the "everyone gets a trophy" crowd. Dissent is vital, not simply in politics, but for human growth itself.

I comprehend the concept of majority rules just fine, I simply reject the alleged validity of it.

If I alone, as an individual, am of insufficient qualification to determine the nature of the rights of an entire group of people, then it follows that a large mob of individuals like myself are also of insufficient qualification to determine the nature of my rights as an individual or that of a minority of individuals.

If we wish to systematically ensure the rights of an entire society are equal, then there must be more than this concept submitted to validate such a system.

The people that don't "comprehend" are more often.... the minority..