+21

Trickle-down schmickle-down. Turn your $187million in tax saving over to shareholders, shutter your factory in Fall River and move the jobs to Mexico. Laugh all the way to the bank.

Philips Lighting closing Fall River manufacturing facility; 160 losing jobsProduction will be transferred to their facility in Monterey, Mexicohttp://www.heraldnews.com/news/20180420/philips-lighting-closing-fall-river-manufacturing-facility-160-losing-jobs
VicZincs avatar Politics
4 11

That isn't any good. Trump promised to make them stop ding that. I do read lables and buy made in USA as often as I can. If all do that the companies won't do as well. Sadly most people are only looking out for themselves. You may save a buck buying walmart made in china, but it isn't going to help your community or usa. Please people just try to do the right thing.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred That isn't any good. Trump promised to make them stop ding that. I do read lables and buy made in USA as often...

In this day and age...if what you buy has pieces and parts, even if it says made in the usa, there is likely pieces and parts from elsewhere. And many things made elsewhere has pieces and parts made in the usa, then shipped to the usa.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

LTRT is right. I've avoided, as much as possible, anything that isn't made in the USA. Tell me that is not a nightmare when I shop, or at least when I did shop. I don't do much anymore and there will be no Philips stuff in my home if I can do anything about it.

Well, they're not planning on moving until 2019. Plenty of time for Trump to swoop in and Make America Great Again -again - since high state taxes, democrat threats and coercion didn't work.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@2755656

We could afford to if our employers still paid healthcare, pensions and bonuses. This was their chance- they chose greed.

Bravo, Vic!

So when Bernie is president, let's nationalize American industry, import lots of cheap labor (i.e., new voters to keep socialists in power forever), and then the only millionaires and billionaires will be the liberal/socialist Nomenklatura, and we all know who they are. hello smilie

@Thinkerbell Bravo, Vic! So when Bernie is president, let's nationalize American industry, import lots of cheap labor...

You silly girl.

We won't stand for nationalized industry, just taxing profits from speculations and hedge funds at the same rate as profits from gambling. And return the highest earners to a high tax bracket. And reinstate the clean air act, the clean water act and the methane release regulations. And maybe find some clean water for the kids in flint. And maybe take the cap off social security contributions.

We are socialists, not communists. And you are a fear monger.

@VicZinc You silly girl. We won't stand for nationalized industry, just taxing profits from speculations and hedge funds at...

WE, Kemo Sabe? What you mean, "we"?

Whether the liberal/socialist Nomenklatura nationalizes industry or not, it will always find ways to avoid taxing itself, and leave the useful schnooks who supported it in the lurch of dependency.

And all the while, the schnooks thought they would be part of the elite. Sorry, Kemo Sabe, there just isn't that much room at the socialist top. biggrin smilie