Tonight my errant mind went youtube on me, selecting, all on its own, John Denver's "Calypso". I remember the song giving me goosebumps when it first came out - maybe it was the yodeling. Anyway, I'd like other's opinions, in any way, on any level. Thanks in advance.

You can find the song at: YouTube video thumbnail

Image for post Tonight my errant mind went youtube on me, selecting, all on its own, John Denver's "Calypso". I remember the song giving me goosebumps when it first came out - maybe it was the yodeling. Anyway, I'd like other's opinions, in any way, on any level. Thanks in advance.
PartyOfOnes avatar
7 22
@2754425

I can appreciate the level of frustration that artists experience when their creation is sooo close to perfect but not quite - I've felt that more than once when I operated my woodworking business; it's not a cuddly fuzzy feeling :D

Thanks for posting a bit of that history along with the song... it honestly was interesting :D

@2754426

John Denver Memorial stone with the lyrics to "Rocky Mountain High" is placed in Rio Grande Park, Aspen, Colorado (Wikipedia)

Wikipedia has a huge write-up on the man, in case you're curious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Denver

Thanks again for your contribution :)

I've liked several of his songs but this one, though, had a pure quality to it, like the ocean before we started dumping plastic and worse into it.

@2754300

As always, I appreciate your point of view so thanks for your take on the song and the man behind it ;)

I think it's a beautiful song, as many of John Denver's are. I understand the awe and wonder of the oceans, and that whole other world of life that live in them. I have great respect for Jacques-Yves Cousteau, and his efforts to alert the public of how the careless or intentional acts of humans are negatively impacting our oceans, and the creatures who inhabit them, for now.
This song still gives me chills, too.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@Piper2 I think it's a beautiful song, as many of John Denver's are. I understand the awe and wonder of the oceans, and...

I'm not sure I've heard the song - it gave me goose bumps, though. Wikipedia tells that Denver recorded and released approximately 300 songs, about 200 of which he composed so I shouldn't be shocked that I missed out on hearing this song :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Denver

Thanks for posting it, Piper... I'm greatful you did ;)

@JanHaskell

I can't believe I'd forgotten Annie's Song - I love it! :D You have very good taste, my excellent friend :D :D Thank you for this :D

Starz posted Denver's song "For You" - also a beautiful love song dedicated to love's commitment; how I'd love to have had the talent he possesed that would allow such sweet sentiment to pour through me :)

@2754546

His music was soothing and the lyrics spoke of decent topics - all that suited me; when I wanted calm, he was my go to entertainer ;)

Thanks for your input, for being a part of my post - I like the company :)

I liked John Denver! This song was one of my favs.

@StarzAbove I liked John Denver! This song was one of my favs...

I remember singing along to the recording of that when I was in my teens, using whatever prop I could fine that would pose as a mic, lol. I caught my mom's big grin when she thought I wasn't paying attenion :p

Thanks for your comment, Starz - much appreciated :D

@PartyOfOne I remember singing along to the recording of that when I was in my teens, using whatever prop I could fine that...

You painted a wonderful picture of yourself singing into a pretend mic. lol Thank you so much.

A beautiful love song by John Denver. One of my favorites.

@StarzAbove A beautiful love song by John Denver. One of my...

I didn't know that song existed till you put it up tonight. Honestly, that song just became my all-time favorite among the many hundreds of others that held that distinction. Thank you for posting it... thank you very much! biggrin smilie

@PartyOfOne I didn't know that song existed till you put it up tonight. Honestly, that song just became my all-time favorite...

You're very welcome. I love that song, a beautiful love song that never got the recognition like his other songs did.

I'm so glad you liked it. hug smilie

Anonymous