What's the biggest stereotype you know about your nation?

Most people don't like stereotypes but the thing that no one wants to admit is that all of them exist because they're to some extent true.

Image for post What's the biggest stereotype you know about your nation?
Sunny_the_skeptics avatar Jokes & Humour
8 21
@2754864

I guess as well as the type of jokes where someone puts too much oil on their pan and you see an American soldier approaching. However, do you think that this is entirely false or there is a nugget of truth somewhere?

@2754980

I'm sure not every American tourist is like the similarly named to you Logan Paul.

@2755076

Yeah, this Logan is a gigantic douche. If you see his videos on how he acted in Japan you'll be much more embarrassed than he ever was.YouTube video thumbnail

Brazil:

That every Brazilian loves Carnival and/or soccer.

I'm not sure if it's the biggest one but I suppose it's a big one. It's not a negative stereotype, though.

Anyway, not all Brazilians enjoy it, just like not every American likes baseball and... ummm... Mardi Gras?

Russians: that we’re drunk and wear tracksuits like the guy in your picture, environmentally influenced thus pretty durn cold, always the villains, spies, harlots, etc.

I mean, I like track and just bought my first 21+ beverage today, but those are just choices. I’m not brainwashed.

@Masha Russians: that we’re drunk and wear tracksuits like the guy in your picture, environmentally influenced thus...

That goes for Bulgarians too, or that most people can't tell the difference between Bulgarians, Russians, Serbians, Croatians and other Eastern Europeans.

We drink lot's of tea and are obsessed with the weather, both are true.
However, we don't all speak like the queen and live in castles. We love our football/soccer also true, but not me personally.
I heard that some think we have bad teeth, we don't, but many of us will accept wonky teeth as a part of our character and not seek cosmetics (unless you live in Essex).
I heard another false one say that we are intolerant of immigration and multiculturalism (we are not), we voted Brexit because we wanted to be a sovereign nation governed by our own country and not Brussels (that is what democracy is), we have also lived alongside other races and cultures for years and had a sense of humour about it that eachother understood, however with an "open door" policy this small countries NHS, social housing, and affordable housing and other services are struggling under the strain of the population growth and has no increase in funding. Also, because of the mass influx of non British citizens iñto the country, in a few generatìons time it could change the culture, geopolitics and so democracy of the country.

India

True: Cows roam on roads, we like wearing colrs and dancing and singing, Many of us worship lots of idols. Polluted much.

False: Slums are everywhere, Everyone is poor. Everyone has the accent. All marriages are arranged.