VicZincs avatar Jokes & Humour
5 29

Headline of your cited article - "Majority of U.S. Muslims Now Support Gay Marriage, While White Evangelical Christians Remain Opposed"

And, that's supposed to mean that Islam is better than Christianity somehow?

Hey Vic, do you know that the majority of democrats are straight?

@Budwick Headline of your cited article - "Majority of U.S. Muslims Now Support Gay Marriage, While White Evangelical...

I don't get it either I mean why does it even matter if Christians support gay marriage or not?

I mean in England gay people can get married they have a gay wedding ceremony they get a piece of paper confirming their marriage issued by the government from a register office. Christian people they get married too they don't have a gay wedding ceremony they have a Christian ceremony they also get a piece of paper confirming their marriage issued by the government from a register office, this process goes right down the line Jewish people, Muslim people whoever.

Hell at the end of the day people don't even need to have a ceremony its totally their choice because at the end of the day it's the government that's in control of marriages not any particular religious or non religious groups ceremonies.

It just annoys me how marriage in America seems (to me personally) to be used as a tool against Christian people when in reality it's not Christian people stopping gay people getting married, it's just the fact they don't wish to hold gay marriage ceremonies which should be their choice because you're a free country.
乂º︵º乂

Evangelical, far right, conservative values. Held fast and true. Unless, of course, they, themselves are looked to, to uphold them.

Religions are all over the map... they could be the same religion and a mile apart, but completely different interpretation, teachings and beliefs. I've had it happen to me.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie It's OK Vic, we all make mistakes +3Reply

I am so disappointed in the evangelicals. The minister at a local Baptist Church hates the Muslims in our area, even calls them names from the pulpit....(whatever happened to the Christian doctrine, of love your neighbors), disapproves of abortions, but supports and loves Trump. A president who has sinned in every category, and still that preacher says he loves Trump. Disgusting.

I agree. They proclaim to be so religious and God loving, and yet they support one of the worst presidents this country has ever seen.

"The selection of respondents within households was accomplished by randomly requesting to speak with the youngest adult male or female currently living in the household."

https://www.prri.org/research/e...-values-atlas/

Why did they do that? They could just as easily have asked to speak to the oldest male or female currently living in the household, or just surveyed the person who answered the phone.

I don't think it's a secret that older people tend to be more conservative, so the study seems to have been constructed to target the most liberal members of households. As such, I don't think it's an accurate representation of the opinions of the overall groups. In other words, it's fake news based on a fake study, but nice try Vic.

Personally I don't care whether or not gays get married. My only stipulation is that religious institutions, ie churches, temples and mosques, must not be forced to participate against their will.

@2813709

Yes, it's deception masquerading as insight.

@2756545

Honestly that_guy. I am not here for discussions. I don't mind them but the way I like to play this game is you toss out a statement and everyone votes.

Seems like I have become one of the few here who play that way. For many it is about the debate. I get that, it is just not me.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Who knew? +1Reply
@2756609

Well tbh, what I do is what this site was designed to do. So what others prefer to do, that is, have prolonged debates, is what I call 'using a hammer to flush the toilet' Just hit the disagree and move on.

If you don't like fesces in your punch, don't drink the darn punch. Momma always said, "one man's poison is another man's meat ".

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Who knew? -1Reply

Well obviously it isn't the good traditional people who are blowing everything and everyone to hell

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Well obviously it isn't the good traditional people who are blowing everything and everyone to hell

I guess. Unless you count

The bombed abortion clinic in Sandy Springs, on January 16, 1997
The Otherside Lounge, an Atlanta lesbian bar, on February 21, 1997
The bomb at the abortion clinic in Birmingham on January 29, 1998

or that according to the Government Accountability Office of the United States, 73% of violent extremist incidents that resulted in deaths since September 12, 2001 were caused by right-wing extremist groups.

But who's counting those?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Who knew? +2Reply
@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I meant the mu-slum people - the question was about them not all those other things. .

It was not a question.
It was a statement that the "far right evangelical christians are more reactionary than" the muslim peoples.

But more to the point that I was mistaken to think that (like you seem to).

Clearly the evidence shows that the former ("white evangelical Christians" as they are called in this article) is far worse than the latter ("US muslims") per the same article.

Of course you can ignore the evidence, that is your choice and continue to be wrong. But I confess my mistake.

Anonymous