One, two, three strikes you're out!!! How many strikes do you give a person before you say OUT!!!

I give a lot of strikes but I know when it's time to call it quits and move on.

Image for post One, two, three strikes you're out!!!   How many strikes do you give a person before you say OUT!!!
12% Depends on the person 41% Depends on what has happened 12% I forgive, but don't forget 12% Many times, then I'm through with that person for good 24% Other
StarzAboves avatar Life
9 49
@2755991

Same here, but I've stopped, and it feels so good. lol

Lots of strikes.
The key is to step back, and take some time. After a few days, I realize how stupid I had been.

@VooDooYoo Lots of strikes. The key is to step back, and take some time. After a few days, I realize how stupid I had been.

You have a great attitude, Voo. We should all do that, and I have in the past, but I'm done with all of that.

@VooDooYoo Once you realize that you actually "dodged a bullet", it becomes easier

I used to feel the same as you, Voo. But things have changed....no more strikes!

@StarzAbove I used to feel the same as you, Voo. But things have changed....no more strikes!

That's what I mean. After a few days or a week, you will realize that you really didn't lose anything. Keeping that person in your life was like walking thru a mine field.

There are so many circumstances, issues, personalities that would play a part in making that call. In some instances, it'd be fair to ditch the friendship right off and, with others, a cooling-off period that wouldn't carry a limit.

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne Depends on what has happened +4Reply
@StarzAbove I've tried both, Party. So now I'm calling for an OUT!

As long as that gives you the greater sense of calm, then that would be the right call, of course. Best wishes. a smilie

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne Depends on what has happened +2Reply
@2755973

Second chances make you feel better. Just sleep with one eye open.
maniac smilie

Matthew 18:20 - Matthew 18:35 - If they ask for forgiveness it must be given. If they don't ask then try John 8:5- 8:11

@StarzAbove But there are some things even God won't forgive. Denial of His Son.

I guess I'll find out when I die. Until than I will follow the words of Jesus the man because that is what feels right to me. There is no god, but the Man Jesus was very wise in his advice as to how we should treat our fellow humans.

So, are you saying Ivanka, by turning her back on Jesus and converting, has committed the one unforgivable sin?

@Flrdsgns So, are you saying Ivanka, by turning her back on Jesus and converting, has committed the one unforgivable sin?

I don't know anything about what Ivanka believes, only God knows and he'll be the judge, not me.

More strikes than were wise for me, many times.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Depends on what has happened +1Reply

I use a 3 strike system though, but not for what I consider them being honest. A good friend will both offer and accept or crave honesty from their friends. Sometimes, people cannot handle truths though..

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl I forgive, but don't forget +1Reply

There are a lot of people on this site who can't handle the truth, and then the war begins. Pathetic.

In the past, I was the most forgiving person on the planet. I would get hurt, I would forgive and repeat. Today I am not that person because when someone does me wrong that is it...I am done and that goes for online and offline. I have no issues pretending that someone doesn't exist and I still sleep peacefully at night.

I have learned that you keep forgiving the same person they will keep making the same mistakes becase they no there is no consequences for their actions.

I live by this saying now:

🦋

@Lil_Princess In the past, I was the most forgiving person on the planet. I would get hurt, I would forgive and repeat. Today I...

I applaud you my friend, I feel the same. I've forgiven too many times only to be hurt again, but no more. They either treat me with respect, or they don't treat me at all.

@StarzAbove I applaud you my friend, I feel the same. I've forgiven too many times only to be hurt again, but no more. They...

I have learned why should I care about their feelings when they sure don't care about mine. Cutting some people out of my life has been the best thing ever since sliced bread was invented biggrin smilie

@StarzAbove haha I love your analogies. lol I feel the same. We STRONG WOMEN stick together.

hehe smilie thank ya

I totally agree. This little chick doesn't back in to corners in more from fear. As a supervisor at work said the other day about this girl giving me trouble "this girl doesn't realize she is messing around the one with the one the devil even fears" hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Depends on what they've done, LP.

Now that would instantly piss me off because I am an OSHA certified forklift trainer (stand up equipment )

Hopefully they could dig themselves out before I got to them hehe smilie

@Lil_Princess Now that would instantly piss me off because I am an OSHA certified forklift trainer (stand up equipment )...

Yeah, but they'd have to clean up the mess too, before you saw it, or else you might be asking a few hard questions. hehe smilie hehe smilie

Thinkerbells avatar Thinkerbell Depends on what has happened -1Reply
@Thinkerbell Yeah, but they'd have to clean up the mess too, before you saw it, or else you might be asking a few hard...

Oh, they wouldn't have to clean it up to prevent that...when I have to recertify them after an accident...I get to grill them like the FBI hehe smilie

@Lil_Princess Oh, they wouldn't have to clean it up to prevent that...when I have to recertify them after an accident...I get to...

That gif seems to have been made in Russia.

You'd have to investigate for fork-lift collusion. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell That gif seems to have been made in Russia. You'd have to investigate for fork-lift collusion.

My former training partner and I used to show that gif in video form back in 2013 until someone complained we were showing graphic material...well they said he was because someone didn't like him ono smilie

@Lil_Princess My former training partner and I used to show that gif in video form back in 2013 until someone complained we were...

Collusion, without doubt. hehe smilie

And I think the construction of that shelving in the gif should have been investigated too. Probably used only half as many struts as they should have. what smilie

@Thinkerbell Collusion, without doubt. And I think the construction of that shelving in the gif should have been...

Oh we have those same shelves about 200 rows of em...if ya seen how they were put up and who put them up...ya wouldn't get within 20 feet of them.omg smilie

We actually had one fall apart and hit someone but thankfully they didn't get seriously hurt.

@Lil_Princess Oh we have those same shelves about 200 rows of em...if ya seen how they were put up and who put them up...ya...

Yeah, well, sometimes when I'm in Home Depot, I look up and see heavy stuff kinda precariously placed on high shelves, I give it a wide berth. wary smilie

They can have 1000 strikes...doesn't bother me.

When they get tired of swinging and missing...then turn it into a personal attack.....Adios.