Do you have a favorite summertime pastime? Care to share?

I love water activities, especially boating. Just wish I lived closer to an ocean.
I love to fish, I know some think that's out of character of me, but I love to fish. lol

Image for post Do you have a favorite summertime pastime?   Care to share?
20% Water activities 0% Golf 10% Lazing around 0% Picnicking 70% Other
StarzAboves avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
8 48
@2756015

I do but in my defense I call it practicing hehe smilieono smilie

@2756079

I got to be at my best for the tournament at work each year hehe smilie

@2756085

I think we have them here at the parks too.

@2755979

I know this is a dumb question for John Wayne, but do you own a horse?

@2756101

That's great, I'm glad you enjoy riding....sounds like a great horse,too.

@2756104

I'm sure that's very relaxing, especially early mornings when it's quiet and peaceful. Horses are such beautiful and magnificent creatures, I'm sure you will agree.

@2756120

haha Oh I forgot, you're a romantic soul. Just jump in the river..... lol hmm smiliehmm smiliehmm smiliehehe smilie

@2756126

hahaha that brings up the question....tidy whites or outdoor shorts? lol

@2756130

hahaha OMG, I wish I hadn't asked, now I have this image..... enough said. lol lol

@2755987

That's great. I can't swim, but I love being in the water.

Trout fishing , Catch & release. Tiny dry flies only so as not to harm the fish.

VooDooYoos avatar VooDooYoo Water activities +3Reply
@VooDooYoo Trout fishing , Catch & release. Tiny dry flies only so as not to harm the fish.

Do you fish often? The only fish in our lakes are crappies, blue gills, catfish, but we usually throw them back, I won't eat the fish caught in our lakes.

@StarzAbove Do you fish often? The only fish in our lakes are crappies, blue gills, catfish, but we usually throw them back...

Not a lot. Usually in late August. I'm also lazy.
I usually fish streams, which is a lot tougher.

VooDooYoos avatar VooDooYoo Water activities +2Reply
@VooDooYoo Not a lot. Usually in late August. I'm also lazy. I usually fish streams, which is a lot tougher.

You must live in a cooler climate. We never fish in August, it's too hot and muggy in my area.

@StarzAbove You must live in a cooler climate. We never fish in August, it's too hot and muggy in my area.

That's why I'm in the water, sneakers, shorts and no shirt. When I start to bake, I just skooch down in the water. and the water is low, so you can see and locate fish when they jump. smile smilie

Fishing but I usually only go when I take off from work, so I don't go as much as I would like to.

Too many people boat riding, messing up the water on the weekends.

@StarzAbove Watch out for those darn crocodiles. lol

Unless they climb in the boat with me, I'm not worried. lol

@DandyDon Unless they climb in the boat with me, I'm not worried. lol

Yikes. Do you see many of them when fishing?

I was in a golf cart when we came upon a small alligator sunning himself. Wow, I turned that cart around as fast as it would go and got out of dodge, ASAP. lol

@StarzAbove Yikes. Do you see many of them when fishing? I was in a golf cart when we came upon a small alligator sunning...

Yea alligators.... i'd have to travel far to see a crocodile lol.

I always see, at least about 6 of them when I go fishing and there's always a couple that try to get your bait.

Small ones don't bother me... the ones that look like they could snap me in half do.. lol

When work doesn't get in the way, I like horseshoes, cornhole, fishing, muddin, and walking but a lot of these things I haven't done in some time now

🦋

@StarzAbove Same here, I used to enjoy horseshoes. Still like to fish, but have never been muddin.

Oh, it is fun until ya get stuck and can't get back out. Last time I went was about a few years ago but I ended up getting my arm hurt over it because I thought the jeep was going to overturn.

@Lil_Princess Oh, it is fun until ya get stuck and can't get back out. Last time I went was about a few years ago but I ended up...

Ouch, I was wondering what type of vehicle you would be in to mud..... sounds like fun but kinda messy and in your case, a little dangerous.

@StarzAbove Ouch, I was wondering what type of vehicle you would be in to mud..... sounds like fun but kinda messy and in your...

If not done right such as someone being careless it can even be fatal but it is a lot of fun. You can use a Bronco, Jeep, or even a pickup...a three are great for it.

@Lil_Princess If not done right such as someone being careless it can even be fatal but it is a lot of fun. You can use a Bronco...

I can see where it would be dangerous, a roll over could kill. You're an adventurous soul, I'm too cautious. lol

@StarzAbove I can see where it would be dangerous, a roll over could kill. You're an adventurous soul, I'm too cautious. lol

I am more cautious today and I made a promise to be safe and I plan on keeping that. Some days I think of the stuff I used to do and I am like "What was I thinking" hehe smilie

@StarzAbove That's very wise. We don't want anything bad to happen to LilPrincess.

Thank ya. I have grew up a lot from the person I used to be.

@Lil_Princess Thank ya. I have grew up a lot from the person I used to be.

I think we all have done some foolish things in the past, I know I have, and I've lived to tell about it.

@2756254

Work never ends, does it. Enjoy your custard!

@2756548

Same here, Autumn is my favorite time of the year.

Anonymous