StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
9 43

I went on the Farris Wheel for the first time last year. Well I was okay at first cause it was going slow then Syd said "Mom, it is going slow to let people on"...omg smilie. Then after it got going, Syd was like "Oh this is faster than last year wary smilie. We did have a lot of fun that night though.

I did take a video but it was the fourth time I was riding it. I had some technical difficulties when filming (I was crying like a baby shh smilie so it was later before they got fixed.

That night I rode the Scrambler, The Avalance, the Farris Wheel, and something else but can't rememember what it was.

🦋

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Afraid of heights +8Reply
@Lil_Princess I went on the Farris Wheel for the first time last year. Well I was okay at first cause it was going slow then Syd...

I've ridden on just about every thing when younger but not anymore. I rode on a ride called the Mouse....and when I got off of it, I was so scared I couldn't control myself. I was a nervous wreck. I think that was the last ride I was ever on.

@StarzAbove I've ridden on just about every thing when younger but not anymore. I rode on a ride called the Mouse....and when...

I have never been medically able to ride anything because of my asthma so I missed a lot growing up. When the doc gave me the all clear that I could start doing stuff like that, I was all for it.

I don't think I will ever do the Scrambler again...I was a nervous wreck over that one myself so I understand how you felt.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Afraid of heights +2Reply
@Lil_Princess I have never been medically able to ride anything because of my asthma so I missed a lot growing up. When the doc...

Sorry to hear that, I hope your asthma is all better now, so you can enjoy some things that you missed before.

@StarzAbove Sorry to hear that, I hope your asthma is all better now, so you can enjoy some things that you missed before.

Thank ya. Yes, my asthma is finally a 100% better now. I have a few things I have to avoid certain foods and scents but everything else is no longer an issue.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Afraid of heights +1Reply
@StarzAbove That's great news. Asthma can be very miserable.

Yes, it can be. Not something I would wish on even my worst enemy.

@Lil_Princess Yes, it can be. Not something I would wish on even my worst enemy.

My oldest son has asthma, he was on meds for a while, but evidently he's outgrown it, at least he never complains.

@StarzAbove My oldest son has asthma, he was on meds for a while, but evidently he's outgrown it, at least he never complains.

That is great he was able to outgrow it, my sister did too. My brother is 52 and still has it pretty bad and it puts him in the hostpital a lot.

@StarzAbove Wow, I sympathize with your brother, that's terrible. Hope he gets better soon.

Thank ya. Currently, he has that and has Cirrhosis of the liver and is in pretty bad shape. Between him and my other brother who has Colen Cancer...they are going to be the death of me.

@2756026

Same here. I was in one of the rides, it was the tiltAwhirl, when the side door came open. Thankfully we were strapped in, but we could have been hurt badly if those straps had not held us.

Doesn't bother me one bit not to ride those rides.

It's not that I'm scared to ride them.

I don't have much trust in the people that do maintenance on them..

I still love them, even at my age .... my mom was a roller coaster fanatic too. hehe smilie The only part I don't like is standing in line.

@JanHaskell I still love them, even at my age .... my mom was a roller coaster fanatic too. The only part I don't like...

That's great. We have to stand in line for everything, don't we Jan. Even the ladies room. lol

Yeah...when i was young, i enjoyed, and would go on, everything.
I no longer have the desire.

Not really a daredevil, but I have actually been talked into going on some roller coasters a few times, or wanted to. Last time, I wondered why I would want to do that anymore...feeling like my life might end right there on that ride, and experiencing almost terror.

I've not been to an amusement park for many years. I took my friend's mother to one the last time, and it was just a small traveling one. Jilly had Alzheimer's, but she really enjoyed the rides we both agreed to go on. One was a Ferris wheel, but I don't remember what the others were. We both laughed a lot on them though, together.

I'll take on any ride bring it on! Im not old yet so I dont get dizzy

@2757438

Yikes, just thinking about that makes me tremble. lol

@2757106

I don't think the rides are very safe, I've been on one where the door of the ride came unlatched. But the safety belt held us in.....

Love them. Especially old classic coasters like this one:

@Thinkerbell Love them. Especially old classic coasters like this one:

I've ridden on a couple just like that and it was thrilling as well as scary. But those days are over for me. lol

Anonymous