+10

I hope I am wrong, but this pretty much sums up my concerns about Trump. I am not blaming him for this incident, but I am concerned that America is changing from a land that could ignore the color of a president's skin, to a place where intolerance is not only ignored, but actually encouraged. That is what I blame Trump for, for promoting a climate of intolerance.

'They don't belong': police called on Native American teens on college tourA mother on the tour told authorities the young men were ‘creepy’ and ‘really stand out’, causing them to miss the rest of the eventhttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/04/native-american-students-colorado-state-college-tour-police
VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
5 47

I think the woman who called the police is completely ignorant but then do we see something and say something? Should the police have been called on the San Bernadino killers? What is a person supposed to do? I would really like to know the answer to this Vic.

@VicZinc Ozzy, I am no genius. I don't have the answer to that.

Then how do you expect anyone else to know what to do. I, personally, would never assume that there was any reason to call the police in this situation but when is it appropriate to notify the police?

@ozzyboy Then how do you expect anyone else to know what to do. I, personally, would never assume that there was any reason...

Don't know friend.

Just seems to me that things were getting better in terms of tolerating people who are different from ourselves and then suddenly it seems like there is so many of these reports of innocent people getting pulled over for no reason other than they look different.

As I said above, I hope I am wrong.

@VicZinc Don't know friend. Just seems to me that things were getting better in terms of tolerating people who are...

There is a general air of nervousness not because of Trump but because of the tolerance of attacks on certain segments of society in the last administration.
I've been around for a long time and lived a lot of places and I thought tolerance was getting better over ten years ago. Admittedly, there has been a change in that progress and there are some who believe the Parkland, Fl shootings could have been prevented if the "Promise" initiative had not been instituted. No wonder everyone has become more skeptical on both sides.

@2756549

Good. That actually makes me feel better. Thanks.

Is one idiot evidence of a "climate of intolerance"? How about 5 idiots, is that evidence? There are 326,410,268 people in the US, 326,410,263 of them didn't do anything like that, but you ignore all of them to focus on a handful of idiots and worry that there's a climate of intolerance? Seems disproportionate.

You're too kind. I blame him for a lot more.... he's turned America into an embarrassment to other countries with his lies, corruption, scandals. Never sticks to his words, no one ever knows who he will throw under the bus next. He's a sick and perverted man and has no business being president of this great country of ours.

@StarzAbove You're too kind. I blame him for a lot more.... he's turned America into an embarrassment to other countries with...

I have to give credit where it is due.

So far the economy is doing great - signs it is slipping but hey.
What is happening in Korea is amazing! He might not have much to do with it, but it is his watch - so I have to give him his credit.

I would not use his tactics on foreign affairs, but there is more than one way to swing a cat. Ditto tax cuts, but so far Social Security is un touched.

I despise what he is doing to the environment, but as a Neo-Wattian I can't fault him for that.

It is the racist, xenophobic, misogynistic rhetoric that I cannot find any justification for.

@VicZinc I have to give credit where it is due. So far the economy is doing great - signs it is slipping but hey. What is...

The economy was doing great when he took office, Obama pulled us out of what could have been a great depressing. Nothing has happened in Korea yet. The president of S. Korea is the one we should be thanking, not Trump, but of course Trump will take credit for it. So far the three Americans held in NK are still there, and he's lied about that as well. Two were taken hostage when Trump was president, but he's blaming Obama. It never ends.

Nothing will happen with NK, Trump will make a fool of himself, that is if there ever is a meeting, and things will go back to him calling the NK guy....little rocket man. That's all he knows how to do. Insult and lie.

Yes it is his watch, but on Obama's watch he wouldn't give Obama credit for getting Osama Bin Laden.

Sorry, I don't give this moron credit for anything...oh wait...I will give him credit for lying the most of any president in office.

I think you are absolutely correct. Look back over his tweets and other public comments. They speak for themselves.

After the violence which erupted during a protest march in Georgia, Trump claimed there were "good people on both sides". Really? And exactly how many "good people" are EVER in a crowd of white supremacists, neo-Nazis, anti-Semites, and racists carrying torches and chanting "Blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us!"?

He voiced his opposition to immigrants from several African countries and Haiti by asking "Why do we want all these people from shit hole countries coming here?" He said he preferred people from countries like Norway.

He make derogatory comments about John McCain not being a war hero because he spent five years in a POW camp. Trump said he prefers people who don't get captured.

He mocked a journalist with a physical disability.

He called illegal Mexican immigrants "rapists and drug smugglers". In response to the backlash he tweeted a picture of himself eating a taco bowl with the line "The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grille. I love Hispanics!"

He stated that he saw"thousands and thousands" of American Muslims celebrating in Jersey City as the World Trade Center towers fell. "Thousands of people were cheering in the streets."

He used Twitter to announce a ban on transgender men and women serving in the armed forces citing "tremendous medical costs and disruptions" caused by transgender service members. He claimed to have discussed the matter with "my generals" although no one in the Pentagon knew anything about it before the tweet went public. Leaders from all branches of the military have either stated publicly or testified that the service of transgender troops has caused few problems. Army Chief of Staff Mark Milley stated "I have received exactly zero reports of issues of cohesion, discipline, morale and all those sorts of things."

I could go on an on.

puke smilie

SIGHHHhhhhhhhhhhh............

As usual, Vic, you are disingenuously trying to kid the public.
http://www.amirite.com/819580-i...im-for/2756500

Your Reuters link only talks about hate crime increases in 2015 (5% over 2014) and 2016 (5% over 2015), years in which Trump wasn't yet in office.

And your NBC link breathlessly tells us that Islamic extremists were responsible for "only" 9 out of 34 killings in 2017, and white extremists for 18. Since whites outnumber Muslims by about 70 to 1 in the US, I leave it to anyone who can do simple arithmetic to understand what NBC means by "only". wary smilie

@Thinkerbell As usual, Vic, you are disingenuously trying to kid the...

Please vote disagree if you think Trump doesn't promote a climate of intolerance.

@Thinkerbell Please speak to my point above.

The post states that I am concerned. I am. Your point is something you will need to deal with not me.

Those links I provided addressed a comment claiming both sides are equal participants. If Boz wants to provide a counter argument she is very capable. If you insist on helping her then please provide evidence that crimes of intolerance have gone down in 2017. Frankly it doesn't matter if the crimes are left or right, only that, as I said, they result from a climate of intolerance. If not than I am afraid my concerns will not be assuaged.

@VicZinc The post states that I am concerned. I am. Your point is something you will need to deal with not me. Those...

If you had really wanted an example of such evidence, Vic, all you had to do was read your own NBC link:

"Last year’s [2017's] total of 34 extremist-related fatalities represents a sharp decline from the previous two years – though it was still the fifth-deadliest year since 1970, according to the ADL. The organization recorded 71 extremist-related killings in 2016 and 69 in 2015."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us...l-says-n838896

But no, maybe you only read the title of the piece (and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here), "White supremacists committed most extremist killings in 2017, ADL says".

NBC's propagandist purpose is obvious in this piece: to write a deceptive headline, knowing full well that a large part of its audience will never read beyond it.

@VicZinc I did not ask for proof. You did.

"...please provide evidence that crimes of intolerance have gone down in 2017."

http://www.amirite.com/819580-i...im-for/2756529

@Thinkerbell "...please provide evidence that crimes of intolerance have gone down in...

Nice, doing exactly what you often accuse me of doing. Touché.

What I said was: If you insist on helping her then please provide evidence that crimes of intolerance have gone down in 2017.

Clearly Boz does not need your help. She already beat you to your argument, and we have completed our discussion when I agreed that her point was valid.

@VicZinc Nice, doing exactly what you often accuse me of doing. Touché. What I said was: //If you insist on helping her...

My argument with your sources began before Boz "beat me to it", and you characteristically dodged.

http://www.amirite.com/819580-i...im-for/2756515

So you don't like ellipsis, eh, Vic? But it's ok when you use it, and you only admit to the facts of the matter when you are hopelessly cornered. Have you applied for a job at NBC yet? They could use you. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell My argument with your sources began before Boz "beat me to it", and you characteristically...

Actually I have an offer from the Whitehouse, taking the president's aboundant falsehoods and weaving them into some alternative truth. If I accept I will intern for the two true masters of the art. KAC and SHS. Seriously considering it, they are the only two in this administration that bring my style to an art form

@VicZinc Actually I have an offer from the Whitehouse, taking the president's aboundant falsehoods and weaving them into...

I kinda doubt that, Vic.

Your credentials are much more in tune with those of MSNBC, although you'll never be able to match Rachel, try as you might. hehe smilie
https://www.advocate.com/politi...our-government

@VicZinc You shouldn't be surprised at how versital I can be.

I'm not surprised at all. Your versitality is close to zilch. hehe smilie

@VicZinc Well I got you fooled then.

If you do have me fooled, you must be hiding something under a bushel. I can only go by the bs you post. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell If you do have me fooled, you must be hiding something under a bushel. I can only go by the bs you post.

Didn't you know I am a troll who only posts things I know other will disagree with? If I thought you would disagree with "Trump is the best president in history" I would post that!

@VicZinc Didn't you know I am a troll who only posts things I know other will disagree with? If I thought you would...

Of course you're a troll.

No, you wouldn't post that, at least not without making it perfectly clear to the dimmest prog that you weren't serious.

Your proggy friends would otherwise be aghast. ono smilie

@Thinkerbell Of course you're a troll. No, you wouldn't post that, at least not without making it perfectly clear to the...

LOL babycakes, if you don't think I wouldn't pander to the biggest audience you haven't learned nothing yet.
I didn't get these numbers by playing favorites. This is a game and I know how to play it.

@Thinkerbell Of course you play favorites. Your proggy base gives you 95% of your agrees.

EXACTLY!

That's is why I practically beg you non-progs to Disagree. When the scale tips the other way so will I. chew smilie

@VicZinc Lol. You give me to much credit.

I give you credit for being a progressive true believer.

Otherwise you wouldn't have wasted so much time last year trying to snow me with a curve fit to prove Reagan destroyed the unions, when your curve in fact showed just the opposite. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell I give you credit for being a progressive true believer. Otherwise you wouldn't have wasted so much time last year...

And you still didn't vote but I got a pile of
Thumbs and loves.

There is no truth. Just the game of life.

So much winning!

@VicZinc And you still didn't vote but I got a pile of Thumbs and loves. There is no truth. Just the game of life. So...

So what?

I didn't vote for anyone for president in 2016 because the top two were disgraces and the other candidates were flakes.

As for no truth and winning, you seem to share a love of those with Trump and the Clintons.
Way to go, Vic. Well done. maniac smilie

He's not a racist.I have been following him for years.He has many black friends as well as white.If anyone divided this country it was Obama.He never helped his people.Trump has been doing a good job at helping all of us.The Liberals have more hate then anyone.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous