NY atty. general Eric Schneiderman resigns amid allegations of sexual misconduct. Anyone notice that an accused democrat often steps down - out of respect for his accusers and his office; but when a republican faces accusations the party elders circle the wagons, make excuses and berate the women who accuse them?

Image for post NY atty. general Eric Schneiderman resigns amid allegations of sexual misconduct.  Anyone notice that an accused democrat often steps down - out of respect for his accusers and his office; but when a republican faces accusations the party elders circle the wagons, make excuses and berate the women who accuse them?
VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
5 76

I believe Schneiderman stepped down so quickly because he knows there are a lot more women he has abused.

And then there's Newtie! Image in content

Went after Clinton with a vengeance when all the while he had a mistress stashed away.

@StarzAbove And then there's Newtie!...

And I bet his mistress give him bjs in the Capitol building too!

Shocking, simply shocking! omg smilie

Nope. They immediately deny all accusations and the next day they are told to step down by the party powers. Giving sexual preditors credit for anything is really reaching down there, Vic.

I dont know if they step down for selfless reasons. I think they do because they know they wont get that circled wagon treatment. Leave before they are publically run out.

I blame Canada for everything. Has worked, pretty well, so far.

Exactly, what is happening with Trump and Stormy and his many other accusers. They are circling the wagons for Trump, the most perverted sexual abuser ever.

@Thinkerbell Yes, of course, Vic. https://www.nbcnews.com/think/o...men-ncna862051

Who knew.

BTW that article says nothing about Manson. It says it is a common problem in cults.

Not really "of course" but hey, you seem to know everything so - if you say so.

@VicZinc Who knew. BTW that article says nothing about Manson. It says it is a common problem in cults. Not really...

Look at the very first picture in the article, Vic, and read the caption.

If you don't think Manson abused them and their/his victims, you must have very lenient standards of what constitutes abuse, Vic. And the disorder of his followers, which Manson took advantage of, is called hybristophilia.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...ounding-killer

@VicZinc The caption says these women were on trial. Nice try buttercup.

And whose 'family' does the caption say they were they members of?

@Thinkerbell And whose 'family' does the caption say they were they members of?

Article uses picture for shock value. Mentions other cults in text but not Manson. Maybe you are right but not 'of course '.

Just odd how you do exactly what you often accuse me of doing, reference out of context. You are probably right, but still have not given any evidence that Manson was a sexual predator other than his name in a caption unrelated to the actual story.

@Thinkerbell http://www.amirite.com/819658-n...conduct-anyone-...

So what? If it was a picture of the Cat-in-the-Hat and the caption said a creation of Dr. Seuss, would that prove Dr. Seuss was a sexual predator?

I googled it. Seems he accused others of raping him. One women claimed he raped her. He was not known as a sexual predator - he was known as a murderer and an all around despicable human. But far more people claim to have been sexually abused by Trump than by Manson.

@VicZinc So what? If it was a picture of the Cat-in-the-Hat and the caption said a creation of Dr. Seuss, would that prove...

So you don't think his use of his hybristophiliac followers was sexual abuse, Vic?

You obviously didn't read the Psychology Today article I linked. biggrin smilie

http://www.amirite.com/819658-n...notice/2759119

@VicZinc I read it. that's like saying I am to blame for your uncontrolled infatuation with liars.

You would be to blame if you took advantage of my weakness, controlled me, made me part of your 'family', got me to take part in murders, and all the while had sex with me.

@VicZinc So what are we doing if not that?

Scr*wed by SuperZinc!

Every girl's dream.

P.S. You're dodging again, as usual. biggrin smilie

@VicZinc Stop flirting with me

Yeah, you're liable to mess up your keyboard like old glad-hands did. biggrin smilie

P.S. You're still dodging, as usual.

@Thinkerbell Yeah, you're liable to mess up your keyboard like old glad-hands did. P.S. You're still dodging, as usual.

Dodge-smidge. There are dozens,nay hundreds of sexual predictors worse than Trump. Manson is worse than Trump but not as a sexual predator, he wasn't. Pick another pervert and move along, you lost this argument.

@VicZinc Dodge-smidge. There are dozens,nay hundreds of sexual predictors worse than Trump. Manson is worse than Trump but...

From the Psychology Today link I gave above:

"There is even a term within forensic psychology referred to as 'hybristophilia,' variously defined as being attracted to or even being erotically stimulated by dangerous individuals. Some specialists believe this is a kind of disturbed attraction in much the same way people can become fixated on other fetishes, often termed perversions or paraphilias."

So if you don't think Manson was a sexual abuser of those women in his 'family', Vic, you have a rather limited view of sexual abuse.

@Thinkerbell From the Psychology Today link I gave above: "There is even a term within forensic psychology referred to as...

You are barking up the wrong tree Tink.

That's like saying anyone who feeds a glutton is abusive.

How does "being attracted to or even being erotically stimulated by dangerous individuals" make the dangerous individual abusive? I am attracted to compassionate women. If they wanted to have sex with me I would say yes! Does that make them sexually abusive?

Manson was a monster, but he was not a rapist, Trump is a rapist.

@VicZinc You are barking up the wrong tree Tink. That's like saying anyone who feeds a glutton is abusive. How does...

It makes Manson abusive by making them commit crimes they would not have otherwise committed. Your gluttony analogy is off the mark, as usual.

And sexual abuse is not limited to rape.

@dru18 That doesn't even make sense.

I agree. We were talking about politicians, what brought that murderer into the conversation?

@StarzAbove I agree. We were talking about politicians, what brought that murderer into the conversation?

Your overly-broad statement brought us to murderers.
" They are circling the wagons for Trump, the most perverted sexual abuser ever."

http://www.amirite.com/819658-n...notice/2758486

But if you want to limit the discussion to politicians, let's make the following comparison. As far as I know, most of the fuss about Trump is about the porn star and his having grabbed some female genitalia. Nobody has accused him of letting a woman die, as far as I'm aware.

Now let's consider Teddy Kennedy. He drove a car off a bridge while drunk, left Mary Jo Kopechne, who was with him in the car to drown, didn't report the accident until the next morning 10 hours later, and paid off the Kopechne family a lot of money to keep quiet.

Now honestly, Starz, has Trump done anything to compare with that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...ddick_incident

@Thinkerbell Your overly-broad statement brought us to murderers. " They are circling the wagons for Trump, the most perverted...

I know all about Kennedy, and that was terrible, that's in the past. You seems to live in the past, maybe it's because you can't bring yourself to accept the fact that Trump is a liar, a con man and a crook.

Trump's sexual affairs are what will bring him down. But the main thing is his collusion with Russia. He will never say one thing against Putin.....that's very strange.

Remember, Nixon had to resign not because of his policies or what good he did, but because he was a crook. And that's exactly what we have in the White House now.

@StarzAbove I know all about Kennedy, and that was terrible, that's in the past. You seems to live in the past, maybe it's...

I remind you, Starz, you said Trump is the worst abuser EVER. Doesn't Teddy fall within the time span of EVER?

Teddy wasn't brought down by his sexual misbehavior, which I maintain was worse than Traump's, bad as Trump's is. Bill Clinton wasn't brought down by his misbehavior, which was comparable to Trump's, yet somehow you think only Trump should be brought down by it.

If Mueller can prove collusion by Trump with the Russians to hijack the election, then he should be impeached, as I have already said. The sex stuff is bs, something only partisans who willfully overlook Teddy and Bill (among many others) are pushing.

@Thinkerbell I remind you, Starz, you said Trump is the worst abuser EVER. Doesn't Teddy fall within the time span of...

No one overlooked Kennedy and Clinton paid a heavy price for what he did....impeached, lest you've forgotten.

I gave my opinion and I stick by it. Trump is the worst pervert ever, he has the morals of an alley cat, and should never be president of this great country of ours.

Nitey nite.

@StarzAbove No one overlooked Kennedy and Clinton paid a heavy price for what he did....impeached, lest you've forgotten. I...

An alley cat Trump may be, but as far as anyone knows, he didn't let a girl drown in the back seat of his car, and then try to cover it up, not report it for 10 hours, and then pay the family a lot of money to keep quiet.

If you don't think that's worse, well, to each his/her own.

And of course Bill was impeached, but he wasn't convicted in the Senate. The Democrats circled the wagons to save him.

Nite.

Resigned out of respect for his accusers and his office? If he had respect for his accusers and his office, he wouldn't be in the fix he's in now! He claims he never abused anyone. That it was all part of role play. VERY respectful!

What I have noticed though is that the vast majority [not all] of sexual predators have been from the left. And this particular predator has had the audacity to portray himself as an advocate for women! VERY respectful.

@Budwick Resigned out of respect for his accusers and his office? If he had respect for his accusers and his office, he...

I totally agree with your first paragraph, but then you had to put that 2nd paragraph in and display your hatred for anyone who doesn't agree with you.

@Flrdsgns I totally agree with your first paragraph, but then you had to put that 2nd paragraph in and display your hatred...

Really? Well, make a list of all the #MeToo predators taken down since Weinstein. Put 'em in columns marked Left and Right and get your own results.

It's not who I like or dislike - it's simple fact.

@Budwick Really? Well, make a list of all the #MeToo predators taken down since Weinstein. Put 'em in columns marked Left...

Actually there have a great amount of pervs from the right, with one of them occupying the White House.

@Thinkerbell Of course, it's well-known in liberal circles that no lib can be a perv. ...

Plenty of perverts, liberals are just way more likely to make our perverts answer for it rather than just pretend the women are lairs.

@VicZinc Plenty of perverts, liberals are just way more likely to make our perverts answer for it rather than just pretend...

SuperZinc to the rescue!
If it's true, it's only been the case very recently, maybe only since Trump's election. Nothing like the appearance of the Devil to make hypocrites get religion. biggrin smilie

Make a list of opioid overdoses by state. Looks like your state is full of nothing but dopers. Explains a lot of your comments

@Flrdsgns Make a list of opioid overdoses by state. Looks like your state is full of nothing but dopers. Explains a lot of...

No Flanders, it doesn't. No more sense than if I had said that you must be a sexual perv since most of the #MeToo pervs were lefties. That doesn't make sense and neither does your weak come back.

@Budwick No Flanders, it doesn't. No more sense than if I had said that you must be a sexual perv since most of the #MeToo...

Yet conservatives keep following and nominating pedophiles (Moore), murders (Blankenship) sexual predators (Sanford) and Ollie North (gun runner). Gotta love those conservative "family values"

@Flrdsgns Yet conservatives keep following and nominating pedophiles (Moore), murders (Blankenship) sexual predators...

It must be wonderful supporting a party without flaw, perfect in every respect, eh? Or, at least be dishonest enough to look the other way when bitching about your opponent.

PS - President of NRA is hardly gun running.
Wanna talk gun running? Ever hear of Fast and Furious?

Blankenship was defeated yesterday. Do you get news where you are?

@Budwick It must be wonderful supporting a party without flaw, perfect in every respect, eh? Or, at least be dishonest...

Blankenship received a pretty fair amount of the vote.
Democrats certainly aren't perfect, they make as many mistakes as the conservatives, but the difference, is the conservatives try to claim the high ground, so you are criticized even harder when you fail.

@Flrdsgns Blankenship received a pretty fair amount of the vote. Democrats certainly aren't perfect, they make as many...

Oh, I see.
Well, as long as some bull crap reason to treat us differently then I suppose it's OK.

@Budwick Oh, I see. Well, as long as some bull crap reason to treat us differently then I suppose it's OK.

conservatives try to paint democrats as godless, amoral heathens yet never take responsibility when you fail.
I don't have a religious bone in my body, but I act far more Christian than 90% of the Evangelicals

@Flrdsgns conservatives try to paint democrats as godless, amoral heathens yet never take responsibility when you fail. I...

Perhaps this particular post regarding Eric Tradd Schneiderman, is not the best place to be taking the high ground. His is VERY democrat and VERY dirty.

Eric Tradd Schneiderman an American lawyer and politician who served as the 65th Attorney General of New York from 2011 to his resignation in May 2018. Schneiderman, a member of the Democratic Party, previously served for 10 years in the New York State Senate, winning election to five consecutive two-year terms.

In May 2018, Schneiderman resigned his office after The New Yorker reported that four previous romantic partners had accused Schneiderman of physical abuse.

But, I sure appreciate you being a better person than 90% of the Evangelicals!

"taken down"

read stepped down

the right-wing will go to the grave before they step down for something as 'innocent' as rape.

anyways, only looking at 2017 and 2018
I can't promise this is a complete list
It looks mostly even

Al Franken d smilie
Andy King d smilie
Bill Dix (R)
Bobby Scott d smilie
Borris Miles d smilie
Brandon Hixon (R)
Bryce Marlatt (R)
Carlos Uresti d smilie
Cliff Hite (R)
Dan Johnson (R)
Dan Schoen d smilie
Daylin Leach d smilie
Don Shooter (R)
Donald Trump (R)
Ed Murray (R)
Eric Greitens (R)
Eric Schneiderman d smilie
George H.W. Bush (R)
Ira Silverstein d smilie
Jack Latvala (R)
Jack Tate (R)
Jeff Hoover (R)
Jeff Kruse (R)
Jeffrey D. Klein d smilie
John Conyers d smilie
John Moore (R)
Jon Stanard (R)
Joseph M. Souki d smilie
Josh Zepnick d smilie
Larry Crowder (R)
Nicholas Kettle (R)
Patrick Meehan (R)
Paul Rosenthal d smilie
Paul Rosenthal d smilie
Randy Baumgardner (R)
Rep. Blake Farenthold (R)
Ritch Workman (R)
Roy Moore (R)
Ruben Kihuen d smilie
Stan Rosenberg d smilie
State Senator Dan Schoen d smilie
Steve Lebsock d smilie
Steven McLaughlin (R)
Tom Schedler (R)
Tony Cornish (R)
Tony Mendoza d smilie
Trent Franks (R)
Wesley Goodman (R)
Steve Lebsock d smilie

@VicZinc "taken down" read stepped down the right-wing will go to the grave before they step down for something as...

I looked up Bill Dix and Brandon Hixon found that one resigned the other committed suicide. Marlatt resigned too.

Looks like your comment about "go to the grave before they step down" is only 1/3 correct so far.

Franken FINALLY stepped down. I think he believed he was gonna get a pass.

I will admit there's a lot more people on the list than I would have thought. Damn, those boys just can't keep it in their pants!

The dems actions are, usually, much worse than what the repubs are accused of. The dems get in trouble for their actions but it only takes the wrong look or word from the right for the lefties to gang up on them and scream for their dismissal.

It's true. Cons care more about money and winning than they do about ruining people's lives. They are willing to risk ignoring a woman's suffering to gain in the political game and it's sick

Do you mean like Hillary Clinton did?

There have been some NOTABLE Democrat exceptions to your questionable rule, Vic. hello smilie

@Thinkerbell There have been some NOTABLE Democrat exceptions to your questionable rule, Vic...

Or the Republican congressman caught in the men's room having sex with another guy? Hmmmm.

@StarzAbove Or the Republican congressman caught in the men's room having sex with another guy? Hmmmm.

Small potatoes, compared with the lyin' "Lion of the Senate" or Bill.
But if you like ex-congressmen, try texting Anthony Weiner. No, on second thought, DON'T. shock smilie hehe smilie