North Korea Releases 3 Americans as Kim Jong Un Prepares to Meet Trump

North Korea released three American detainees Wednesday, the communist country's latest gesture of goodwill toward the United States in advance of an unprecedented summit between leaders Kim Jong Un and President Trump.

Image for post North Korea Releases 3 Americans as Kim Jong Un Prepares to Meet Trump
64% Very cool! Way to go Trump! Making America Great Again! 14% Trump is flirting with nuclear war! 21% Other
Budwicks avatar Countries & Places
8 44

I think it's wonderful, that the three imprisoned have been released.

Credit where credit is do

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Very cool! Way to go Trump! Making America... +5Reply

It sounds too good to be true, so I will hold the celebrating until the parade has gone by and we see what really happens.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Very cool! Way to go Trump! Making America... 0Reply
@Will_Janitor I truly hope things go well. I just don't trust NK.

Me too. And I understand and share your misgivings. But, Kim has done several things showing good faith, maybe China is coercing him. I've had some trepidation over Trumps trip, my mind playing out scenarios where the bad guys take out Trump.

Just gotta hope for the best and plan for the worst I guess.

@Budwick Me too. And I understand and share your misgivings. But, Kim has done several things showing good faith, maybe...

BS, Budwick, and you know it.

NK is using the release of those three hostages as bargaining chips when he comes to the table.

@Budwick Uhm, then he's a very poor negotiator. He gave them up already.

In order to get asswipe Trump to the table. Kim is no fool.

@dru18 In order to get asswipe Trump to the table. Kim is no fool.

So, no matter what the President does, you're going to say it's bad and call the guy a piece of shit. Virtually everything is better for us since he took office, but you'll never give him credit for any good thing he ever does because he's not a Democrat.

@JerryHendrickson So, no matter what the President does, you're going to say it's bad and call the guy a piece of shit. Virtually...

LOL! Welcome to Obama's world of the last eight years!
What a hypocrite

No it is not better. Our allies can't trust us. Trump pulled out of the Iran Deal which is going to make that region more dangerous, and for no good reason except that it had Obama's name on it.

Try getting NK to give up its nukes now.

@dru18 LOL! Welcome to Obama's world of the last eight years! What a hypocrite No it is not better. Our allies can't...

Obama had Bin Laden taken out and raised fuel efficiency standard for automobiles. Both good. So if you break the rules and call me a hypocrite, I can call you a douchebag and complete moron right? No? If not I won't do it.

@JerryHendrickson Obama had Bin Laden taken out and raised fuel efficiency standard for automobiles. Both good. So if you break the...

Nice start. I think I will add to your list.

Obama also brought us out of a recession.
The Iran Deal was a start and was meant to be improved on, not torn apart.
Also gave many people health care, which again, was meant to be a start, not finish.

"Douche bag"? You must be thinking of Trump.

@dru18 Nice start. I think I will add to your list. Obama also brought us out of a recession. The Iran Deal was a start...

Obamacare stinks, the Iran deal benefits only Iran, and the recession was ended by HUGELY increasing the Federal deficit. Face it, he's the worst president in history. Worse than even Carter.

@JerryHendrickson Obamacare stinks, the Iran deal benefits only Iran, and the recession was ended by HUGELY increasing the Federal...

The Iran Deal was a START!! It addressed the nuclear part of it, not anything else. That was hopefully going to be negotiated by the next president. Good luck with that one.

ObamaCare had flaws but once again it was a START! What part of that word don't you understand?

Obama is already going down as one of more popular presidents. Unlike President Carter, Obama was elected TWICE!!! heheheh.....

@Budwick They had already decided to meet.

Wow, a meeting. And absolutely no goals will be met.

@dru18 Wow, a meeting. And absolutely no goals will be met.

I realize that when it comes to international politics you are the expert, but most everyone else on the planet sees this meeting as more significant.

@Budwick I realize that when it comes to international politics you are the expert, but most everyone else on the planet...

LOL! No, not "most everyone", Budwick. A meeting is only significant if both parties walk away satisfied. And we know that is not going to happen, no matter how badly you and Trump want to spin it.

@Budwick Just the fact that there IS a meeting is significant.

Not anymore. The meeting went out the window along with Trump's Nobel Peace Prize.

@dru18 Not anymore. The meeting went out the window along with Trump's Nobel Peace Prize.

It's clearly premature to be talking about giving anybody a Nobel Peace Prize [But then again, you are the one with the crystal ball.]

When Rocket Man comes to term with the reality that he can 1) Keep his regime without nuclear weapons or 2) Lose his regime - I think we might see the meeting rescheduled.

@Budwick It's clearly premature to be talking about giving anybody a Nobel Peace Prize [But then again, you are the one...

You must have been missing Trump's rallies, where the audience starts screaming "Nobel Peace Prize, Nobel Peace Prize......"

Kim is not about to give up his nukes so keep dreaming. He's much better at this game than Trump will ever be.

@dru18 You must have been missing Trump's rallies, where the audience starts screaming "Nobel Peace Prize, Nobel Peace...

OH, OK, I see where you went wrong.
It's not the audience of Trump rallies the select nominees.

Kim has never needed to negotiate anything before. It's his way or death. The poor little dude doesn't know what he is in for. I almost feel sorry for him - NOT!

@Budwick OH, OK, I see where you went wrong. It's not the audience of Trump rallies the select nominees. Kim has never...

The "poor little dude" is not in for anything.

Trump is not about to strike NK no matter how hard he huffs and puffs. Things will go back to where they have always been.

Kim's already has a missile that can reach the United States, so his pledges never meant a damn thing in the first place.

And Trump's threatening tariffs on China? Not happening. Another big bluster from the master of gas bags.

@2758468

Why, 3 people have been released and are now free. Why would anyone not be happy about that?

@Flrdsgns Why, 3 people have been released and are now free. Why would anyone not be happy about that?

I know, right? Trouble is I'm pretty sure the MSM has signed a pledge in blood to not report anything positive regarding Trump. There may not be time to get clearance from ... whoever they get clearance from, for permission to report some actual news.

@Budwick I know, right? Trouble is I'm pretty sure the MSM has signed a pledge in blood to not report anything positive...

Trump deserves credit for this one. I think it was well played. I hope he has the same success with Kim Jong when they meet.

@2758468

Like every MSM news room in the country?

I'm certainly not a Trump fan, but he deserves credit for this one. Good job Donny John.

NK has released prisoners before. I agree with Will, we have been down this road with NK before.

What is North Korea?

I wonder how many pallets of cash we had to send.

**** End of Sarcasm **

I just wonder why nk was holding these people to start with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...ed_US_citizens