Why does Trump do this, over and over and over? The US military gets a pay raise every year and has for the last 30 years, but Speaking to a crowd of military spouses on Wednesday, President Donald Trump claimed that he gave service members their first pay raise in 10 years. Why do you think Trump continuously makes such false and grandiose boasts?

Trump seems confused about military pay, claims troops received no raises for a decadeService members have received an annual pay raise for more than 30 years, but Trump claimed he gave troops their first pay increase in 10 years.https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-benefits/2018/05/09/trump-confused-about-military-pay-claims-troops-saw-no-raises-for-a-decade/Image for post Why does Trump do this, over and over and over?  The US military gets a pay raise every year and has for the last 30 years, but Speaking to a crowd of military spouses on Wednesday, President Donald Trump claimed that he gave service members their first pay raise in 10 years. Why do you think Trump continuously makes such false and grandiose boasts?
VicZincs avatar Language
6 45

Because he has always been that way, with the grandiose boasts and downright lies. Since he's made sure he was a "celebrity" or star, anyway. It's all fine, it seems, for many. Just "alternative facts, these days....

@2758848

Well, I do not think our answers are PRACTICALLY the same.

Good for you. Neither do I.

@2758870

No big difference, in those parts of our answers. I was not aware that you're my "enemy", and you seem to be the one seeking a fight here.

As the former liaison officer, I had a sneak peek at the numbers, thanks to a horny secr... Wait... This is going to sound like a porn movie, right? Well, anyways, there are certain projects that aren't exactly... Dog! She smelled like flowers had just fucked a bunch of flowers... Oh... Yeah, sorry. Yes, you are actually putting approx. 5 % of your taxes to certain projects, that never meet the standards of... Oh, she was good with her mouth and she swallowed... Uhmm.. Where were we, again? Oh, btw, you cracked teleportation in the sixties.

I'm off to buy some minced meat and meatballs... I need to cook a sauce for my spaghetti...

EDIT: This might be irrelevant or is it? Smirk.

@2758779

Reverend... Irreverend, was irreverent, has been irreverent, had been irreverent... Father, forgive me, I try not to do it. Oh, wait, that's Pet Shop Boys.

IDK. He often seems to make his own life harder with his mouth.

A: he actually doesn't do research or B: he knows his fans will believe anything he says and spread it around recruiting gullible people to his side

@2759769

Pay rates, according to the attached article (from the military) went up even year. So Trump was wrong to say they had not gone u until he was boss.

If you and the MSM properly quoted Trump it would be the first time ever. So, maybe YOU misinterpreted.

But further, what is your deal Vic? Do you just have a burr under your saddle regarding Trump?

Other posts and comments of yours are whining about the little guy never getting enough money. The military, perhaps the worst underpaid group of people on the planet, the ones that put their lives on the line for you and me are getting 'crumbs' as Pelosi put it.

AND, according to Military.com reports in February - "
Troops Would Get Largest Pay Raise In 9 Years Under Proposed Trump Budget
By Richard Sisk, Military.com
on February 12, 2018
"

Go save a whale!

@Budwick Never said it was. https://taskandpurpose.com/troo...-trump-budget/

Not disputing - just wonder why he didn't say "largest" or "fairest" instead of "first".

I am glad he gave them a raise.

For the record:
A few things I give Trump credit for
-Good economy
-Korea
-Stopping chemical weapon use in Syria
-NATO funding
-Destroying the Caliphate

A few things he has done that bug me
-Bragging, often with outright lies
-Empowering al-Qaida in Syria
-Attacking the FBI and other agencies
-Threatening freedom of the press
-Dismantling environmental protections
-Appointing unqualified people to cabinet post who have clear conflicts of interest
-Pretending the investigation is about him and not about Russian interference in the election
-Failure to condemn the alt-right and supremacy organizations.

@VicZinc Not disputing - just wonder why he didn't say "largest" or "fairest" instead of "first". I am glad he gave them a...

Some of those are petty, others are not correct.

"Pretending the investigation is about him and not about Russian interference in the election" for example. The investigation IS 100% about him. If there was actually interest in Russian interference and impropriety Obama, Hillary, the DNC certain members of the media would all be under intense investigation.

"Failure to condemn the alt-right and supremacy organizations." - Who are you talking about?

"-Bragging, often with outright lies" - Be more specific.

"Empowering al-Qaida in Syria" - How did he do that?

And so on

@Budwick Some of those are petty, others are not correct. "Pretending the investigation is about him and not about Russian...

See my previous comment on the investigation post.

Not surprised really that you don't see saying that David Dukes and his ilk are "Nice People" is failure to condemn.

Claiming to have the biggest win, the best turnout, the most whatever.

Who do you think is fighting Assad? There are not US troops. They are al-Qaida. He's not the first president to arm al-Qaida and he won't be the last. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

@VicZinc See my previous comment on the investigation post. Not surprised really that you don't see saying that David Dukes...

When did he say David Duke was a nice person?
Extrapolate much?

And you have a manifest for weapons shipped to Al-Qaeda? [Since Obama left office]

Biggest win, best turnout - so what? Get over it. Sour grapes.

@Budwick When did he say David Duke was a nice person? Extrapolate much? And you have a manifest for weapons shipped to...

whatever Bud. Just because you are not concerned about these things doesn't make me a bad person. I am concerned. At least I give him credit when I see some good.

It's called balanced approach. No one is above reproach, despite your decision to never give Obama an inch.

At least I am able to identify the good things I see in Trump. I don't hero worship anyone, and I don't turn a blind eye when there is a something worthy of praise, as much as you would like to think I do. I am not a biased jerk, I am fair and open to the possibility that I am often incorrect.

@VicZinc whatever Bud. Just because you are not concerned about these things doesn't make me a bad person. I am...

Yes, we learned was it yesterday that you are more Christlike than I am. And. you are so right - I do not accept your half truths, taking things out of context and hyperbole - therefore you are a better person.

I get it, rather than discuss stuff honestly, just throw up your hands in exasperation, claim the high ground and shut down the conversation.

The things I'm concerned about are the real ones. The crap you make up? Not so much.

Peace out.

@Budwick Yes, we learned was it yesterday that you are more Christlike than I am. And. you are so right - I do not accept...

Well I have yet to hear what you are concerned about.
I gave you a list and you just poo-pooed it.

@Budwick I'm concerned about your constant lies and exaggeration.

Cool. Why - how does that affect you in the least? Just curious. I wonder why my lies have such a big impact on your personal happiness.

@VicZinc I was just curious. I did not know that the Military Times was considered MSM. I have learned something...

Do you begrudge the soldiers getting a pay raise?
I mean, last week you were complaining about Amazon employees being on food stamps - the implication being that the little guy should get more money. Are the military Joe Average enough for you to be happy for their pay increase?

Or, is it more important to parse words to your satisfaction to make Trump look bad in some lame way - like the left does over and over every phucking day!

Hillary lost! It's not going to change. Trump is doing a good job. The country is doing well. We could really all be better off if you and the rest of the left would stop your nitpicking and maybe start developing a plan for November. "I'm not Trump" is not a winning platform.

@Budwick Do you begrudge the soldiers getting a pay raise? I mean, last week you were complaining about Amazon employees...

No, Trump is NOT doing a good job!

We have a trillion dollar deficit facing us because he gave a HUGE tax break to the RICH.

He dismantled Obama Care without putting anything in it's place.

He pulled out of the IRAN deal for no other reason than Obama's name was on it. This little stunt will likely cause more danger towards Israel and US down the road.

Job creation is already staggering, and we have a president who is likely going to be indicted.

@dru18 No, Trump is NOT doing a good job! We have a trillion dollar deficit facing us because he gave a HUGE tax break to...

Dru - please take the opportunity to delete your comment above to save face. The things you've said make you sound ..., like you don't know what you are talking about.

Investor's Business Daily - The Congressional Budget Office says that federal revenues in January added up to $362 billion. That's an increase of $18 billion— or 5.2% — from the year before. As a result, the government ran a surplus of $51 billion that month, which is equal to the previous January.

Wait, weren't the tax cuts supposed to bankrupt the country to benefit the rich? It almost looks like the tax cuts — which took effect in January — are paying for themselves.

Obama's name was the ONLY name on the Iran deal. Stuff like that ratified by Congress. Obama didn't do that because Congress never in a million years would have done that deal. It was a bad deal.

Commerce.gov
" “Job growth was the strongest since President Trump’s election, with 313,000 jobs created in the month of February. The non-stop job creation since the election has yielded 2.9 million jobs. For the fifth month in a row, the unemployment rate remained at 4.1%, a 17-year low. Goods-producing industries such as manufacturing, mining and logging, and construction collectively had the highest month-to-month growth since 1998. These were among many sectors experiencing significant growth.

“President Trump’s tax reform continues to boost economic confidence with more than 400 companies handing out bonuses, raises, or other benefits to more than 4 million Americans. Today’s report shows that average hourly earnings significantly increased in February and have increased by 2.6% over the last year. We saw positive movement in the labor force participation rate, and we would like to see that continue over the coming months.”

@Budwick Dru - please take the opportunity to delete your comment above to save face. The things you've said make you...

Nice spin, Budwick, but in reality the consequences from the tax cut will not be known for several years. And they are NOT paying for themselves, no tax cut ever pays for itself. Tax cuts are rarely used when the economy is on the upswing, so Trump giving a big gift to his friends and himself is only to benefit him.

The job growth numbers from last month were way under, and the market has been temperamental.

Budwick please don't act stupid. That deal took two years of hard work and negotiation and six other countries were in on it.

@Budwick Dru - the information is from a government site. It's irrefutable.

And I am telling you what the job report for last month reported. It is 30,000 under what was predicted. The surge is slowing.

@Budwick So one month turns around a year and a half trend? Were you a math major Dru?

The trend started under Obama and yes it is slowing down. And you don't need to be a mat major, Budwick, to realize that. All you need to do is be able to read.

He does it because he is a fact-free moron.

Obama cut military raises 3 years in a row and tried to raise illegal aliens pay to 15.00 an hour