Would you mind if USA stops buying from China?

I was wondering what would happen if Trump puts strong tariffs on Chinese made products. This link tells me It won't hurt USA so much..

https://www.google.com/search?r...18.6bQsRb3Pnyk

Image for post Would you mind if  USA   stops buying from China?
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar
5 35
@2759229

rooster you may be right. Trump makes lots of claims he can't put into action.

Links work better here than in upper area. Seems USA imports things while China imports Food. What is more important, Food I think for China to feed all thos people on bikes.

I am sure other information can be found, but I just had no time to look everyplace.

I don't even bother to look where things are made any more..

Most of the time it's made in China.

Yes. And we'll be the ones that will get hurt, because China will put tariffs on us as well. It's a no win situation, one that shouldn't happen.

I go out of my way to make sure none of my food comes from China. I also sell flooring materials, and tell customers to pay more for the German or American stuff since China will use substandard materials in their manufacturing process. However putting high tariffs on Chinese products will result in China buying the food they generally purchase here, elsewhere.
China by simply buying their soy beans elsewhere will result in thousands of farmers going out of business and the loss of several thousand jobs in the Mid West.

@2759083

I thought someone said an ar and a 22 were about the same...
???
I bet your pretty truck has all kinds of Chinese pieces and parts.

@Budwick the caliber of an AR and a .22 are similar.

Well...i, again, read up on the differences in the 22 and the 223. The power of the 223 is significantly higher. And..fired from an ar15 at a much higher velocity. Probably why it will tear up a raccoons pelt, dontcha think?

@2759554

Wow, the caliber of the bullet may be similar, but overall cartridge is way different.

@2760819

I would imagine what with all that extra explosive in the cartridge.

Does velocity have anything to do with damage - once the round makes impact? Or, is it that it will just get there more quickly, making a moving target easier to hit?

@2760825

Thanks for the info Rooster!

I just searched .223 or 5.56mm weapons - nearly all of 'em have those big magazines that look 'scary' to those allergic to gun powder.

I be the bolt action versions are a blast for target practice.

@2759580

I never said "little". I said pretty. I saw a pic you posted of it.
"Gonna eat you"...more appropriate

@2759580

Btw...i said your truck likely has chinese pieces and parts, regardless of where it was built

No,not at all.If I see it was made in China I always put it back.

OK NM Bothers many, that just wasn't what I was thinking of with my question.

I would mind because then I could no longer say everything is from China except for babies, they're made in VaChina

@Crimson I would mind because then I could no longer say everything is from China except for babies, they're made in VaChina

OH well they sure have plenty of babies over there, except they put big fines or jail on the people who have more than allowed. So they kill off the girls - now they need to import women for the boys to marry. HA HA YET isn't it sad they can't put any extras up for adoption in USA or other places those little girls would be welcomed.

I try not to buy from China.Especially their food.If they eat dogs.God only knows what's in their food

Anonymous